Well, I've had my 8130 (Pearl) for almost 2 years, and over time, my address book has gotten pretty cluttered.

I sync the device with my work Outlook daily, but the address book now has numerous entries like this:

Jones Jimmy (containing work nbr: 7145551212 & email: [email protected])
    Jimmy Jones (containing home nbr: 7145551313 & mobile nbr: 7145552233)
    Mr Jimmy Jones (containing work email: [email protected])

Is there a way through Desktop Manager to clean these up?

Thanks for your help.
    07-16-09 06:57 PM
    is this on the phone or on outlook?
    07-16-09 07:02 PM
    On the device. Outlook itself is in good shape.
    07-16-09 07:03 PM
    crickets chirping... c'mon, there's got to be someone else who has had this problem... any ideas?
    07-17-09 11:03 AM
    How is your sync with outlook set up ? Both ways or one updates only from the other?

If all the contacts you want are in outlook and in good shape delete all the contacts from your device, and re add them by syncing with Outlook?
    07-17-09 11:15 AM
    Talk about the Obvious! I didn't see the forest for all the trees! Thanks for the simple tip. I will verify ALL contacts are on Outlook before deleting the phone addresses and re-syncing. Thanks.
    07-17-09 12:40 PM
    Talk about the Obvious! I didn't see the forest for all the trees! Thanks for the simple tip. I will verify ALL contacts are on Outlook before deleting the phone addresses and re-syncing. Thanks.
    lol thats cool. Back up the BB first though eh, just in case.
    Make sure you change the settings for the first update on the sync.
    You ONLY want to sync from Outlook to BB NOT the other way, or it will delete all your Outlook contacts too.
    Once you have all the contacts on both again reset it to sync both ways.
    07-17-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD