I currently have a Palm Treo, and am dissatisfied with one of the features it does not have. The ability to "push" and notifiy me instantly when I have an e-mail. The TREO must be configured to "check" for e-mail, I need to know instantly when a new e-mail arrives, so that is why I am looking for a new handheld.

What I do like is that the Treo "syncs" with my laptops OUTLOOK EXPRESS program. Will the Blackberry also do this.

The Phones I am looking at are the 8300 series "Curve" hand held.

Can anyone explain the differences between the 8300, 8310,8330,8320?
    For example,

Which one has the largest screen, the widest body (better keybord function)
    Will they all "Push" an e-mail message. (very important)
    Will they all "synch" with my Outlook Express Calendar?
    Is there an on-line live technical Chat that can help me "set-up" my Blackberry.
    Where is the best place to purchase an Unlocked untit that will run on ATT.
    thanks so very much, Doug Krause [email protected]
    12-28-08 10:50 PM
    12-28-08 11:07 PM
    Besides the difference in the BlackBerry devices, you need to get out and test drive the different phones. Go to the different phone carriers and try them out. In the end, you will have to be happy with the phone you choose especially with a possible multi year contract attached to it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-28-08 11:16 PM
    I currently have a Palm Treo, and am dissatisfied with one of the features it does not have. The ability to "push" and notifiy me instantly when I have an e-mail. The TREO must be configured to "check" for e-mail, I need to know instantly when a new e-mail arrives, so that is why I am looking for a new handheld.

What I do like is that the Treo "syncs" with my laptops OUTLOOK EXPRESS program. Will the Blackberry also do this.

The Phones I am looking at are the 8300 series "Curve" hand held.

Can anyone explain the differences between the 8300, 8310,8330,8320?
    For example,

Which one has the largest screen, the widest body (better keybord function)
    Will they all "Push" an e-mail message. (very important)
    Will they all "synch" with my Outlook Express Calendar?
    Is there an on-line live technical Chat that can help me "set-up" my Blackberry.
    Where is the best place to purchase an Unlocked untit that will run on ATT.
    thanks so very much, Doug Krause [email protected]
    go take a look at the specs of each model to choose the one you want/need

each model is different for each carrier unless you buy them unlock

I know in the US the 8310 is AT&T branded, 8320 is T-Mobile branded, 8330 is Verizon/Sprint/Nextel branded, 8350 is Sprint/Nextel branded

now enjoy googling ...
    12-29-08 01:27 AM
    Yes it will sync with outlook since you are with ATT just get the 8310. One difference is that the 8320 has wifi and the 8310 for instance has built in GPS. I believe all the screens are the same size, and look on amazon and ebay for unlocked phones. I have the 8310 also and I really like it. The setup is really simple you should not have any problems.
    12-29-08 01:33 AM
    I didn't think BB will sync with OL express, only regular Outlook. Regardless, there a many pluses to BB over other devices that more than make up for any specific need you find lacking.
    12-29-08 07:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD