I tried searching, couldn't find an answer to this. I have a storm 2, I have used both desktop 4.6 and 5.0, I am using outlook 2003 and my contacts won't sync from blackberry to outlook. I read and used the tutorial here on crackberry, I had no problem configuring the sync on desktop (I configured one way from blackberry to outlook) It sets up, the first time it even alerted me it would erase contacts in outlook, I checked accept. However, it closes quickly, and when I open up outlook there are no contacts in the address book there so they have no transferred. Am I doing something wrong or is outlook 2003 just not compatible?
    12-31-09 02:09 PM
    Outlook 2003 is compatible with both DM 4.6 and DM 5.0. If you have Content Protection enabled on your 9550, be sure you do not have the Address Book included. To check Content Protection, go to Options / Security Options / General Settings. If Content Protection is enabled, make sure the drop down box for "Include Contacts" is set to "No."
    12-31-09 02:14 PM
    Outlook 2003 is compatible with both DM 4.6 and DM 5.0. If you have Content Protection enabled on your 9550, be sure you do not have the Address Book included. To check Content Protection, go to Options / Security Options / General Settings. If Content Protection is enabled, make sure the drop down box for "Include Contacts" is set to "No."
    When I go to Options/ I don't have general settings:
    I have:
    Advanced Security Options
    Encryption
    Firewall
    Information!
    Security Wipe

Under Advanced there is no option for contect protection?
    I do have a gmail email, I did turn off wireless synch for contacts in that gmail account.
    Help!
    12-31-09 02:20 PM
    RIM has gotten a really annoying practice of moving menu items around. That makes it tough to support a device you don't physically have in your possession. That said, if you don't have Content Protection under any menu setting, it means it is not enabled and therefore not the cause of your problem.

What happens if you attempt to make a backup of your device with the Backup commands in Desktop Manager?
    12-31-09 02:34 PM
    Was able to make backup ok.
    12-31-09 02:44 PM
    It's good that you can create a backup. The BB to PC communication path is working. Can you sync anything else? How about Notes or Calendar entries? If you don't have any, create one on the BB and try to sync it to Outlook.
    12-31-09 02:53 PM
    no, won't sync tasks or calendar...on the phone to verizon, they couldn't help, now they're sending me to rim...:-(
    12-31-09 03:04 PM
    No, update, tasks did sync ok
    12-31-09 03:08 PM
    That's interesting. Can you see any difference in the Calendar and Tasks sync settings? I'm a BES user, so I don't use DM to sync Calendar, Tasks, Notes, and Contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-09 03:26 PM
    This just keeps getting crazier. Spend 2 hours with blackberry support. They had me remove my contacts from my storm 2 thinking the file was corrupted. Actually suggested I manually put in the hundred contacts. I had an old curve and I came up with the idea to try to sync it to outlook, well that worked fine. Then rim had me back up and load that old contact file From the curve onto my storm. That worked because backup and restore works fine on the storm2...except I was missing many contacts because the file was old. Got off the phone in discust and loaded the supposedly "corrupt" addess file on my curve by using the latest backup file from the storm-it synced fine-thus it isn't a file problem. Wet back and reloaded the recent backup on my storm to restore contact womens s. Still I can only sync calendar and tasks NOT address book on my storm, but it will work on my old curve...WTF ? Please, any ideas I don't want to call rim again, lol. One difference i noticed under options-advanced-defauth services there is a listing for calendar CICAL and messaging CMIME but NOT a listing for address book there on the storm, yet all three are on the curve. Is this significant? Any help appreciated, I don't want to call support again to have them screw up my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-10 09:44 AM
    I not really sure that I will provide any assistance but I just looked at my Tour (os 5 beta) and it only lists cical and cmime. There is nothing for addresses (but using DM 4.6 (I'm sometimes stubborn and stick with things that work for me), I can sync my addresses
    01-01-10 12:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD