Ok, so this is the situation. A few months ago a friend sent me a funny but inappropriate picture that I put in one of my Picture Library sub-folders. I happened to read about hiding pics, so I decided to test it and hide this particular photo. Unfortunately, I cannot find this picture, even though I know it is somewhere on my BlackBerry because the last time I synced my pictures to my laptop, it showed up on my laptop.

So I've taken some screen shots to show you guys why I'm absolutely perplexed that I cannot find this photo. Like I mentioned above, I put it into a sub-folder of my Picture Library. I'm assuming because it was put into a sub-folder, that is why I cannot find it because for some odd reason, I can't see any of my other sub-folders when I go to Media > Show Hidden> BlackBerry > Pictures. Here are some screen shots to show you.

The last screenshot shows a folder I made to test out why I can't see my other sub-folders that are clearly present in the first screenshot and also shows a random picture I have hidden. But for whatever reason, this particular image I hid just isn't showing up.

Does anyone have any idea how I can recover ths hidden pic so I can get rid of it? Any help is appreciated.
    04-26-11 06:23 PM
    It looks like you know the usual means of finding hidden files on the device itself.

Have you tried exploring your folders from your PC while your Torch is plugged in? Make sure to enable the 'Show hidden files and folders' in Folder Options.

Edit: Just to be sure, on the phone:
    Open Media > Menu > Explore > Menu > Show Hidden > Media Card > BlackBerry > pictures.

You should see a list of all subfolders under pictures, both hidden and not hidden.

If it's not there, try going to the camera folder -- maybe your folder got placed there accidentally: Media Card > BlackBerry > camera.
    Last edited by 18to12fitty; 04-26-11 at 07:05 PM.
    04-26-11 06:56 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I did check my computer and it shows up there. But I have no clue as to why I cannot find it on my device itself. I changed the name to the folder it's supposed to be hidden to before I synced my device and backed it up and sure enough, even with changing the folder name, the pic is there.
    04-26-11 07:09 PM
    Edit: Just to be sure, on the phone:
    Open Media > Menu > Explore > Menu > Show Hidden > Media Card > BlackBerry > pictures.

You should see a list of all subfolders under pictures, both hidden and not hidden.

If it's not there, try going to the camera folder -- maybe your folder got placed there accidentally: Media Card > BlackBerry > camera.
    Yep, from the screenshots above, you can see I'm in the Media Card > BlackBerry > pictures place, but what I find odd is that the one folder called "testing" is hid and none of my other folders like the "MyPics" or "Customer Wallpapers" are showing.

Is it possible I saved them to the device and not the media card? I did try to access the Device folders via the Open Media > Explore > Show Hidden > BlackBerry, etc but nothing is pulling up from the Device either.
    04-26-11 07:13 PM
    I created a second folder called "testing2" and left it unhidden. I saved it to my Media Card. As you can see below, now "testing" and "testing2" are obviously there, but not other folders I created previously.

So I'm thinking the problem is that all my other folders are saved to my Device. But the question is, how do I uncover a pic hidden that is saved to my Device and not my Media Card?
    04-26-11 07:20 PM
    So I'm thinking the problem is that all my other folders are saved to my Device. But the question is, how do I uncover a pic hidden that is saved to my Device and not my Media Card?
    Very possible.

You can get to internal storage the same way:

Open the Media tab > Menu > Explore > Menu > Show Hidden > select Device > Home > User > pictures.
    04-26-11 07:29 PM
    To explore internal storage from your computer:
    Connect via USB.
    Open up windows explorer. Phone should show up as BLACKBERRY1 (media card is show up as BlackBerry User Tools with the little BB logo for an icon).
    Under BLACKBERRY1, go to User > Home > pictures.
    04-26-11 07:34 PM
    Thanks, I was able to find it by searching for it and unhide it. Actually, many thanks to a friend to did remote assistance and did all the work for me. Now it's deleted. I still have no idea where the heck that picture was, but oh well. It's gone and I'm happy.

Thanks for all your help 18to12fitty.
    04-26-11 07:53 PM
    Thanks, I was able to find it by searching for it and unhide it. Actually, many thanks to a friend to did remote assistance and did all the work for me. Now it's deleted. I still have no idea where the heck that picture was, but oh well. It's gone and I'm happy.

Thanks for all your help 18to12fitty.
    Glad you got it sorted out.
    04-26-11 08:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD