im hoping you guys know ur ****

so a few weeks ago got a curve 5530 or watever and dropped it in a pool

i had my scool e-mail set up on it and it was workin all goood

i get my replacement tonight and when i go to setup my e-mail i onl have one option it doesnt say create or add new adress so i can only make a blackberry one

how do i get my e-mail on my phone

thanks in advance
    08-15-10 10:36 PM
    First of all what u probably have is a 8530 and the model makes a BIG difference! So get your **** together,find out what you have and we'll be happy to help you out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-10 10:41 PM
    ya thats the one the 30 is the important part i had that

help help
    08-15-10 10:42 PM
    Ok go to your set up folder and select setup wizard. From there you should have the option to activate previous accounts as well as create new ones. (Click on email 1st of course)

08-15-10 10:55 PM
    ya thays what i thought but it only gives me the one option with the blackberry enterprise nonsense
    08-15-10 11:03 PM
    On sprint.Blackberry.com there is an option to move your BIS from one phone to a new one.

Via pin of course.

No I have not tried it but it may help.

08-15-10 11:06 PM

so a few weeks ago got a curve 5530 or watever and dropped it in a pool

i had my scool e-mail set up on it and it was workin all goood

i get my replacement tonight and when i go to setup my e-mail i onl have one option it doesnt say create or add new adress so i can only make a blackberry one

how do i get my e-mail on my phone

thanks in advance
    Well you sure don't know your $hit. And second, I feel bad for any other student in that school that spells it scool and by the way good has 2 O's not three. So if you knew your $**** which apparently you don't you'd know that you can transfer your Bis account to another device. And next time you seek advice get rid of your cocky attitude if you hope to get any help.

08-15-10 11:07 PM
    wow suck you guys i wasnt being cocky i just want help with my blackberry i type as i think

and as for you guys teling me to spell check **** that **** you know what i am saying do you feel special on the blackberry forums feelin all tech savy correcting grammar who the **** cares if you spell right

im not gunna troll hard (even though im sure I could have you guys ****ting your pants in frustration) I actually want help form people who know **** about this kinda stuff im not gunna act like i do I dont get my kicks by acting smart on the internet...

so if you dont know how to help me take your big brains elsewhere

you dont want this beef
    08-15-10 11:29 PM
    i aksed for help just fine... i told you my problem i wasnt looking for **** just a simple anwser for a straight forward question

please show how you would have worded it
    08-15-10 11:38 PM
    you dont want this beef
    I feel you homie.
    08-15-10 11:40 PM
    I would have left out this part. It makes no one want to help you. Especially when you haven't taken the time to give us the proper information
    08-15-10 11:40 PM
    well you're a blackberry addict and im a blackberry newbie

you guys pride yourselves on knoiwing mad **** about blackberries why wouldnt i ask you

but you are obviously just a bunch of cocky nerds who like to act better than other by having more posts on a forum about current technology
    08-15-10 11:54 PM

you guys pride yourselves on knoiwing mad **** about blackberries why wouldnt i ask you

but you are obviously just a bunch of cocky nerds who like to act better than other by having more posts on a forum about current technology
    I help everyone with a decent attitude

Picture it this way.. A forum is a crowded room and you are a nobody looking for advice.. When you walk in, if the first thing you say is "Im hoping you guys know your ****", who's going to help you out?
    08-15-10 11:58 PM
    Like some of the posters already said, just transfer them over from the BIS site. Its quick & easy.
    08-16-10 12:00 AM

Your answer is here .. dont bother with them xtra peeps.. ya have any probs jus post .. ignore the bs .. one
    08-16-10 12:03 AM
    Best example of thick I've seen in a long time. I think I smell a ban coming into the picture.
    Quoting it doesn't help the cause much. #justsayin.
    08-16-10 12:30 AM
    why would i get banned this is a legitimate question that recieved a bunch of illegitimate anwsers you guys started the beef i think you should be punished

you have totally detered me from becoming an active member of crackberry forums

i jsut want some blackberry help didnt expect a bunch of assholes
    08-16-10 12:31 AM
    Look. Go to setup. In that folder go into email settings. Log on to your BIS account (BlackBerry Internet Service). A screen will pop up saying that your device is already registered to another device and if you would like to move the email accounts. Select yes and wait for the email accounts to appear. When they do go into each account and make sure you input the Password for each. And if all else fails. Call your carrier and tell them you would like to switch your BIS account to another device and give them your BB pin number. The pin number can be found by going to options then status. Hope this helps with your email issue.

Last edited by WhoolioPreludee; 08-16-10 at 12:47 AM.
    08-16-10 12:42 AM
    Best example of thick I've seen in a long time. I think I smell a ban coming into the picture.
    The responses to the OP are a disgrace to our regular membership. A day-1 new member comes to ask for advice for a problem, and the regulars deride and insult him. I came very close to banning several who should know better.

I'll clean the thread and we can start again. I have a feeling the answer required is something like Switch device on BIS, Host Routing Table, Setup email accounts, Send Service Books. Maybe the desktop manager's device transfer wizard too.

Maybe one of the more polite and experienced members can try to guide our newbie.

Edit: WP seems to be on the right track...
    08-16-10 05:23 AM
    I expanded the titled to try to draw some more help. Might be best for the OP to call his carrier at this point, and have one of their BB tech's walk him thru the process.
    08-16-10 07:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD