Hi, all.

I've had my Bold for several weeks now and have run into a problem recently.

After reconfiguring my wireless router so I could use my Bold on it, the phone would very easily pick up the wifi signal and I had no problems surfing on wifi.

A couple of days ago, however, it started giving me problems. Now, when I go under Manage Connections and turn on wifi, it picks up the signal from the router, but the indicator next to it stays as a bold white line instead of turning into a green checkmark like it was doing. And it's doing the same thing at school. When I try to go under the wifi hotspot browser, it says something about not being able to connect a network (I can't remember right off; been a few hours since I tried). Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 06:45 PM
    Did you try to cold re-boot?
    Shut down. Pull out the battery. Wait about 10 seconds. then reinstall the battery. Start-up.
    The system will re-set and likely clear up the problem.
    12-10-08 08:31 PM
    i've been having a heck of a time trying to get my Bold to connect to my home wifi.

i've tried just about everything, i think i might need to get a newer router.

"cannot obtain an IP address"...... D-Link 614+ rev A.
    12-10-08 09:54 PM
    I have the same issue as the OP. Happened suddenly, yesterday AM. What's weird for me is that I can get to the internet and surf, but I am not receiving emails while on wifi. How to change this?

Thanks!
    B.
    (I did a battery pull already)

Hi, all.

I've had my Bold for several weeks now and have run into a problem recently.

After reconfiguring my wireless router so I could use my Bold on it, the phone would very easily pick up the wifi signal and I had no problems surfing on wifi.

A couple of days ago, however, it started giving me problems. Now, when I go under Manage Connections and turn on wifi, it picks up the signal from the router, but the indicator next to it stays as a bold white line instead of turning into a green checkmark like it was doing. And it's doing the same thing at school. When I try to go under the wifi hotspot browser, it says something about not being able to connect a network (I can't remember right off; been a few hours since I tried). Any idea what could be causing this and how to fix it?

12-14-08 07:41 AM
    Just resend your service books- I just did this and it worked for me like a charm
    12-14-08 11:34 AM
    That's exactly right. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Wi-Fi [60]. Press Menu/Register Now. You'll get an email saying that "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."
    12-14-08 01:36 PM
    Thanks! I was having this same problem and this solution fixed it.
    12-18-08 06:13 PM
    also worked for me! thanks!
    12-30-08 01:44 AM
    Hi, I had the same problem. I already tried resend the service books. It only says "message has been sent" but I did not get any emails whatsoever. I don't have any data plan. Please help.

Thanks
    03-08-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks for the above tip - lost wi-fi after an OS upgrade and it worked!
    03-14-09 03:50 PM
    I am having the same problem as a_silent_song i've tried resending the service books, soft resetting, cold reset and reinstalling my os does anyone have any ideas. I have tried to connect to multiple routers on different networks so I know it is not my router. I contacted at&t and they said my bold is checking out, so i dont know what to do anymore. does anyone know of anything else?

I am running 4.6.0.167
    03-28-09 10:40 AM
    My 8900 wifi didn't work either. No os change just paired a jawbone 2 to it. Noticed that the wifi didn't connect. I too did the above mentioned solution and it worked for me.
    04-16-09 12:14 AM
    Fantastic,I was pulling my hair out. Thank you.

04-23-09 11:04 AM
    That's exactly right. Go to Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Wi-Fi [60]. Press Menu/Register Now. You'll get an email saying that "Your handheld has been registered with the wireless network."
    My wifi yesterday has stopped connecting to BIS it is driving me insane as in work i dont get Orange signal only wifi. This has worked flawlessly for months at home and in work but yesterday stopped working. I have done the above I have also called orange they have resent service books, no joy they removed BIS and readded to joy. I have upgraded to .266 no joy downgraded to .247 no joy upgraded to 5.0 nothing I just dont understand how it will just stop working???? I have tried 3 routers in three different locations all the same my mrs 8900 connects to all of them PLEASE HELLLPPPPPP
    04-30-09 05:29 AM
    My wifi yesterday has stopped connecting to BIS it is driving me insane as in work i dont get Orange signal only wifi. This has worked flawlessly for months at home and in work but yesterday stopped working. I have done the above I have also called orange they have resent service books, no joy they removed BIS and readded to joy. I have upgraded to .266 no joy downgraded to .247 no joy upgraded to 5.0 nothing I just dont understand how it will just stop working???? I have tried 3 routers in three different locations all the same my mrs 8900 connects to all of them PLEASE HELLLPPPPPP

Orange replaced my bold this morning and sim card and still i have the same fault as above !!!! several routers all the same issue can someone please please please please please heeeeelllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppp.
    05-01-09 07:07 AM
    05-01-09 07:37 AM
    Just to let any orange users with the same issue as me know I just got of the phone from them they switched me on to a different RIM RELAY and it has resolved my issue. Wooohooooo
    05-01-09 08:35 AM
    what did you tell them to get a blackberry replacement? thanks
    05-01-09 09:51 AM
    The replacement didnt fix it Orange Business Data department changed settings ie RIM RELAY and all was resolved.
    05-01-09 02:55 PM
    When I go to "Options/Advanced Options/Host Routing Table/Wi-Fi [60]" I dont have anything under "Host routing Table" ie. the WI-Fi [60]

What does this mean??
    05-01-09 08:06 PM
    I had this issue of sudden drop of BIS WiFi - 150 claimed as per other users that they didn't support BIS via WiFi (although I've had it for months). 156 stuttered that they believed this was resolved and then cut me off. A few calls later I was referred to 328. First time I was told they couldn't help due to me not being a Orange Business Customer. Back to 150 - who sent me back to 328.....

Finally helped by a fabulous operator called Dave, who knew what he was talking about. Issue sorted within a few minutes as he swapped my RIM relay - lovely bright WiFi symbol back on my screen.

Why on earth Orange CS on 150 cannot be as trained, useful and polite as 328 I'll never know. Really considering becoming a Business Customer as I have a fairly good spend per month anyway.

Thanks to Dave - useful, polite and resolved my issue, something I've not experienced with Orange for a long time. I hope they can get some more staff like him!

It's made my weekend!
    Last edited by fayester; 05-02-09 at 11:37 AM.
    05-02-09 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD