I recently Upgraded to .328 and now my bluetooth does not work in my car. It worked perfectly on the previous OS, and i live in a state where you need to be hands free at all times while driving. I have read somewhere that you can just change the configuration on the Bluetooth to an earlier OS, but wouldn't know where to begin! Anyone have any suggestions or ideas??

Thanks in advance!
    12-10-09 03:56 PM
    Gonna do a step-by-step as I get asked this quite a bit:
    I have a similar issue -> the remote controls won't work, but audio/hands-free does

1. Download Bluetooth file from OS 5.0.0.238
    2. Using BBSAK or CrackUtil -> Install the above .cod
    3. Enjoy - this fixed my issue!

or

others may suggest: to do a security wipe/IT wipe and re-add the BT device
    Last edited by lyricidal; 12-10-09 at 04:05 PM.
    12-10-09 04:02 PM
    Thanks for the tip on putting 238 back into 328 but it didn't fix my problem. It seems that it just doesn't want to pair correctly with my PC. headset no problem. strange. got to RIM second teir with this problem but no resolution. seems .238 doesn't solve it either. any other suggestions???
    BTW awesome hybrids
    12-16-09 06:47 PM
    Did you try deleting your devices, then rebooting and repairing? Also delete the Storm from your stereo. That way you get a fresh pairing with your car stereo.

I had similar issues. At first it wouldn't auto connect, then I got it to auto connect for voice, but then no stereo. Then I got it to auto connect with voice and stereo, but no remote. Then I got the remote to work but the sound didn't play again.... you get the picture...

Anyway, I did the .238 file swap deleted EVERYTHING paired, deleted the phone from my car stereo and made sure nothing was paired. Then I paired them back up again and programmed the Storm into the car stereo as a "preferred' (I think that's what they call it) device and now everything works...finally. Anyway, getting the Storm programmed as a preferred device or whatever is key because otherwise your stereo just pairs to it as a generic device. Then you don't get all your services...
    12-16-09 07:42 PM
    Yes - that worked for me too. Deleted pairs on both the Storm, and the device, and re-paired.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-09 08:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD