Hey,
    I have the curve 8310 with rogers and its been working great for months. But starting yesterday, my bb has been lagging horribly and the battery will die at an alarming rate relative to my standard battery life. One of the things I noticed is that the data sending/receiving signal on the top right corner - the blue arrows - are consistently showing every 5-20 seconds or so. I believe this is contributing to the rapid battery drain and constant lagging. I've already attempted the usual methods like taking out the battery while the phone is still on and simply turning it off for a few minutes. If anyone can help diagnose the problem. Thanks!

-Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-17-08 10:24 AM
    It is normal for the data arrows to show periodicaly, that is the heartbeat used to keep in touch with the celluar system.

If is is working overtime, there me be an application still running in the background, using data and power.

Press Menu / Switch Applications. Several are normal, but check for Browser and any third party applications you may have installed.

Use the correct Close procedure to make sure they are actualy closed when you are exiting them.

Browser / Menu / Close, for example.
    10-17-08 10:34 AM
    This happened to a Friends BB (he had the same symptoms on Orange UK) a couple of weeks ago. Upgrading the BB OS Software seemed to do the trick.
    10-17-08 10:39 AM
    Yeah most likely you're not closing applications properly. I did the same thing when I first got mine.

10-17-08 10:43 AM
    I figured that already and closed all of my applications but the problem still there =/

Yeah most likely you're not closing applications properly. I did the same thing when I first got mine.

10-17-08 11:10 AM
    Did you download anything yesterday? Did you change anything? If so delete or undo it.

10-17-08 12:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD