I recently went on vacation to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic, i brought my phone but kept it turned off the entire trip for 7 days.

when i returned to the U.S. and turned my phone back on it took a while to reset itself and recieve all of the messages but now whne i try to sent text or email i am not able to make words..every key i press types "tg" so across the screen it says tgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgt and thats is all it will do

i even plugged it into the charger overnight and when i woke up in the morning..without even pressing anything the screen said tgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtgtg tgtgtgtgtgtgt

i tried taking the battery out for a while but still have the same problem.

can anyone help me or know why this could be happening?
    07-18-09 10:31 AM
    It sounds like water damage. A battery pull would have cleared a software fault. Check the moisture indicator on the battery. If the red/pink line or XXX's, whichever you have, is blurred or smeared, that's proof of water damage. You can try drying it by sealing it with the battery removed in a bowl of dry rice for a few days. Most likely though, if it is water damage, the damage is already irreversible. If drying it in rice doesn't help, and you have insurance, you can file a claim. If your water damage indicators aren't showing water damage, and the unit is still in warranty, take it to a carrier store for a warranty claim.
    07-18-09 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD