Hi everyone. I'm from Argentina. I currently have a Motorola Defy updated with an unnofficial ROM. What I was wondering was the fact that... Is it worth it to change my Defy to the Bold?
    Please, help me.
    Thank you all
    04-14-12 08:51 PM
    It would be a lot easier to help you with your question if you would give us some more details. Do you like your Defy? What don't you like about it? What is it about the Bold that you find attractive? What do you use your device for most often?
    04-14-12 09:40 PM
    Like elvin said it just depends on what you want/expect out of your phone on a daily basis. If you want a decent multimedia experience then stick with the Motorola Defy or if you're just a texter/communicator then the 9700 will be good for that. They can both provide a good multimedia experience, but the Android platform will deliver it better in some ways.
    04-15-12 01:36 AM
    Yes, you are both right. I should have written some more. Well, I use my phone to listen to music, text messages and sometimes the camera. Those are my primary functions. But, sometimes i do watch some music videos. I know that, if videos are my thing, then Defy it's really the best. But, nowadays i'm like feelling tired of touch screen but i'm afraid of missing it. I was looking also for a good battery life time.
    Thanks for your responses!
    04-15-12 01:50 AM
    Well, if it's mainly music and texting, then I don't think it matters what phone you use. Heck we have a basic cell phone as a house phone and it does that.

If you want to watch videos, then I think the bigger the screen, the better.
    04-15-12 12:00 PM
    I don't think the 9780 would satisfy you to be honest. Especially when it comes to videos. If you are looking for that keyboard functionality but still want a good screen then you really should be looking into the 99XX(2.8") and the 9810(3.2") OS 7 handsets. But still those have a smaller screen for videos. 9810 might be your best bet of any Blackberry phone.
    04-15-12 12:05 PM
    Well here in my country, there's a problem with importation. So, we just have on sell Curve 8520, 9300, 9360 and fortunately, I found the Bold in a store. They Are really expensive. Bold is $400 with a carrier.. I like it a lot, but i want to make a good choice.
    Thanks, again
    04-15-12 04:29 PM
    Yea I really doubt it would make much sense to switch to that phone. Maybe you can find one online like on ebay or something? But a 99XX or 9810 make much more sense for you.
    04-15-12 06:18 PM
    Yes, they are online but the problem is that, as they are new and unlocked, they cost a fortune! The 9810 costs $850.. I'm sixteen, and I depend on my parents. Financial it's not a problem but here in Argentina, you dont do part-time jobs or summer jobs. You study until you graduate. Thats something to have in mind. Anyway, if I decide to buy this phone, is it recommendable? I read online that it's a good phone. Is it?
    04-15-12 06:53 PM
    Try to get an OS7 BlackBerry.

The 9780 is OS6.

The 9790 is OS7
    04-15-12 07:06 PM
    For durability, I'll go for Defy. But for any other reasons, I'll go for a Blackberry.
    04-15-12 07:15 PM
    The only available phone with OS7 in my country (with a carrier) is the Curve 9360. What would be a better choice? 9780 or 9360? Camera is a bit important to me, and the Curve has fixed focus and not a pretty good camera.. Also music is important and I read in GSMarena, that the audio output of the Curve isn't as good as the Bold one
    Last edited by pemarchon; 04-15-12 at 07:27 PM.
    04-15-12 07:22 PM
    If you don't leave yourself a choice, then you would probably end up getting a Motorola Defy...
    pemarchon likes this.
    04-15-12 07:37 PM
    Jajaja or hahaha (i dont know how laugh it's expressed in english) LOL. You made me laugh, that was exactly what i was thinking.
    ronnel.gacutana likes this.
    04-15-12 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD