Hey guys again....this time i want to ask that while connecting to your router,does any KEY comes that you have to added to the router before using it or can you just use it like any other phone
    n that do you have to do any special settings or you can easily connect the wifi to your BB and i would like to know which router would be a good choice !! tnxx...once again )
    06-03-10 02:59 PM
    n guyx does it matter if i'm using a ROUTER OR ACCESS WIRELESS POINT ??
    06-03-10 03:22 PM
    Hey guys again....this time i want to ask that while connecting to your router,does any KEY comes that you have to added to the router before using it or can you just use it like any other phone
    n that do you have to do any special settings or you can easily connect the wifi to your BB and i would like to know which router would be a good choice !! tnxx...once again )
    Your second question first, since the access point is linked to a router, it shouldn't matter at all assuming it is a wireless AP. I will take a stab at your first question though I will freely admit it is somewhat incoherent. I'm assuming by KEY you mean the WEP or WAP key. This must be entered to gain access to the wireless network and it must match exactly. The newer routers also have a great new feature that comes built in and pre-configured and that is a key that is already set up and usually printed on the bottom of the router. By pressing the access key on the router, you can then enter this key when asked on your BB and that is it. Understand that this stays active for only a minute or so and the function will automatically close after that, so be ready to enter the key. As far as which router, it is a matter of preference of your home network. You can get a fairly decent G class router for around 40-50 bucks. N Class routers are little more but have much better range typically. Your BB can only use the G band, but you may have some N Class devices that can utilize the speed/range. All N Class routers are backward compatible with the G Class standard so no worries there. Standard wireless routers that I have worked with are LinkSys (now Cisco), NetGear, DLink, Belkin, and TrendNet. I don't have a preference as they all do what they say they will do. I am currently using a Belkin N+ router at my home and have had no issues with it since purchase. Prior to the Belkin, I had a NetGear which also ran problem free for many years until a lighting storm took it out. My daughter has a LinkSys at her home that I set up and it also has worked flawlessly since installation about a year ago.

Sorry to be so long winded but this subject just doesn't lend itself to short posts.
    06-03-10 08:10 PM
    Your second question first, since the access point is linked to a router, it shouldn't matter at all assuming it is a wireless AP. I will take a stab at your first question though I will freely admit it is somewhat incoherent. I'm assuming by KEY you mean the WEP or WAP key. This must be entered to gain access to the wireless network and it must match exactly. The newer routers also have a great new feature that comes built in and pre-configured and that is a key that is already set up and usually printed on the bottom of the router. By pressing the access key on the router, you can then enter this key when asked on your BB and that is it. Understand that this stays active for only a minute or so and the function will automatically close after that, so be ready to enter the key. As far as which router, it is a matter of preference of your home network. You can get a fairly decent G class router for around 40-50 bucks. N Class routers are little more but have much better range typically. Your BB can only use the G band, but you may have some N Class devices that can utilize the speed/range. All N Class routers are backward compatible with the G Class standard so no worries there. Standard wireless routers that I have worked with are LinkSys (now Cisco), NetGear, DLink, Belkin, and TrendNet. I don't have a preference as they all do what they say they will do. I am currently using a Belkin N+ router at my home and have had no issues with it since purchase. Prior to the Belkin, I had a NetGear which also ran problem free for many years until a lighting storm took it out. My daughter has a LinkSys at her home that I set up and it also has worked flawlessly since installation about a year ago.

Sorry to be so long winded but this subject just doesn't lend itself to short posts.
    1st of no problem that u wrote long,jst LOVED IT n thanks a MILLIOn for this information......THANK YOU !!!!
    06-04-10 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD