Hi all,

I have a problem until last week i could bb messenger people any where in the world, now it seems only to other uk users. I spoke to vodafone, they say its not their system and i need to speak to blackberry, but there tech guy also said that blackberry are disbanding the blackberry pin messaging,

any ideas on what i should do next, my bbm friends it seems can contact me but i can't reply...

Cheers

Rich
    10-24-08 11:29 AM
    Do you have an IT policy on your phone, i.e. BES?

tried a battery pull?
    10-24-08 11:34 AM
    Hey Rich. Jenny in PA here. I believe that I might be on your bbm list. I have tried to send you messages but I never get a reply from you.

You said that blackberry will be disbanding blackberry messenger. I hope that is not true. I wouldn't like that at all.

Send me a message to [email protected]
    10-24-08 11:41 AM
    There have been a few reports lately of problems with BBM'ing internatiionally which does seem to point to a RIM issue.

I doubt very much that it will be disbanded though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-08 11:43 AM
    mmm...haven't had an issue with this myself!
    10-24-08 11:44 AM
    I posted my question "Argentina Crying for Help - Internet Download of BB Desktop Manager failure " and got great support from pltaylor/CrackBerry Genius as well as from Timewalk/CrackBerry Abuser in the second thread "Failure to Download DM and Malfunctioning BBM". As of last night I am happy to say that my 8320 Curve has been upgraded and its working like charm so far just by following the instructions from Carrier Discussion Forum/T-Mobile/8320 4.5.0.81 OS upgrade links and downloaded the V4.6 Desktop software and the 4.5 OS. Voila Life is good
    The BBM issue was not resolved...... I still do not receive any of my contacts BBMs from Dubai and Kuwait. Could it be that my GSM provider Movistar Argentina did not pay their bills again and therefore I am only able to BBM my contacts in Argentina and the USA?????
    I am still looking for help.
    10-25-08 10:07 PM
    I'm having the same issue when messaging to canada....It's so annoying I hope someone has an idea soon. I am on o2 so this at least lets me know its no just them
    10-26-08 09:01 AM
    Does it seem carrier specific? Toastperfect, are you able to BBM to the USA, but not other countries? Seems we could start testing something, gathering people from diffeent carriers and countries........wonder if that is why I have gotten nothing back from my friend in Mexico.....

10-26-08 09:09 AM
    should we get something going to figure this out? has anyone called blackberry? Calling these companies in the UK is a joke can someone back home make a call?
    10-26-08 01:12 PM
    allright i'm on the phone with blackberry direct right now. THey are charging me 50usd to talk with a tech advisor. I'll let you all know the outcome as soon as i go through, I'm on hold
    10-26-08 01:42 PM
    i would like to test this im in the uk on vodafone if any wants to add me 25577ea8
    10-26-08 02:06 PM
    well that was a waste of f"in time...i told them all about this sent the link.

Told them about the entire issuse and all she could coe up with in the end was that I have to call o2 or rogers and have them escalate the claim. An hour and this is what I get. not what I would expect from RIM. That's bad business to offer such a solution after charging me 50USD. It's not the money it's the principle. I have 2 bolds and a curve active right now and all are suffering. I have JL commander whiped them all, reinstalled everything I have done it all. How can such a big company not have any idea about this. Makes it alot easier to see why Apple is selling more 3g iphones then all blackberry combined. I love blackberry I buy everyone if not 2 of each that come out but this just pissed me off.
    10-26-08 02:24 PM
    Laith, rewz, you can add me (t-mobile, USA) if you want. PM me before you do so I know its coming and if it doesn't show upi can let you know.

10-26-08 02:39 PM
    Laith, I requeseted assistance from three fellow BB users in Buenos Aires (Argentina) so they can validate if in fact there is an issue with international BBM, other than my device. One of my friends sent an invitation to my friend in Dubai with whom I have been having a problem messaging and till now there is no reply back, it still shows as pending. A second request from another Argentine BB sent to Dubai went into the recepient's SPAM and of course it shows pending, and the third request went to a recepient in Kuwait and similarly it is still in pending mode after several hours......My BBM works locally and with my US contact only.

The good thing that I gained out of this whole experience is that I got to upgrade my OS (which is very slick) as I originally thought that my device was acting up.

What came of your phone call with BB? May be you should inlist the assistance of a couple of your friends like I did to validate your issue.... If you would like you can send me a PM and I will give you my PIN to test ....
    10-26-08 04:35 PM
    Wanna give Canada a shot? My PIN is in my profile...I just ask that you PM me before hand so I know that you're from CB.
    10-26-08 05:04 PM
    Does it seem carrier specific? Toastperfect, are you able to BBM to the USA, but not other countries? Seems we could start testing something, gathering people from diffeent carriers and countries........wonder if that is why I have gotten nothing back from my friend in Mexico.....

ToastPerfect managed to connect here in Canada (Rogers).
    10-26-08 05:35 PM
    that's good news to hear about the dubai and Argentineans that means it's definatly an international problem. My phone call with BB basically did nothing they told me I had to contact my service provider and have them escalate the claim.

As for Canada....I forgot to mention I am from canada so that is the main issue for me. Half of my friends in Canada work and half don't. Non of my US contacts work and some of my European ones get x's for a few minutes but then come back. I talked to some of the guys at boy genius and they gave me an answer which I will post shortly.

I thought the fact that all my BB's were unlocked rogers one whivh might have bene the problem but it has nothing to do with that. So i'm just annoyed by the whole thing. how could blackberry have no idea about this?
    10-26-08 05:48 PM
    Hi Laith,

Sadly the issue you are describing with the X next to BlackBerry Messenger contacts and their status as being "unreachable" is not uncommon and has no solution at this time.

As far as I understand it, it's based on a issue with the RIM servers being unable to properly connect certain parts of your phone.

It happens to me daily but only lasts for a few minutes. Often times it appears that the person has received the message but my device is unaware of this.

It's annoying as **** and extremely frustrating, but unfortunately there is nothing that tech support or trouble shooting will be able to do.

My best advice is to do a battery pull whenever a lot of your contacts are unavailable by PIN.

If the problem persists and you need contact with specific BlackBerry users, I'd suggest using one of the I'm applications for BlackBerry . They're not prone to the issue above.

All the best,

Michael
    10-26-08 05:52 PM
    ToastPerfect managed to connect here in Canada (Rogers).
    The question is, can you keep the connection steady?

I've seen a lot of problems with international BBM where the problem is intermittent - and subjectively it is worst when all north america is out of bed, and Europe is still awake. It appears that Status is not updated accurately, and sometimes messages appear unread despite having read the reply to the unread question. Other users have reported that some messages never seem to arrive at all, and it seems to be specific contact pairs who have this problem.

To my mind the time of day factor is suggesting a loading issue on the servers - or should I say 'overloading'? Can anyone else support this from their observations?
    10-26-08 06:01 PM
    I have been seeking help to resolve this issue for ten days now. My contacts would get my messages but I did not receive their responses. This issue was not resolved which is why I am on this thread....
    10-26-08 06:09 PM
    just tried that it did nothing to me at all.
    10-28-08 08:27 PM
    GOD!

At least I'm relieved to find out I'm not the only one having this problem. I'm currently in Singapore (on SingTel service), and was able to use BBM with colleagues. One of my colleague in UK (who's on Vodafone service) is having exactly the same problem.

I can send him a message and he sees mine, but his is not coming through. I have no problem sending and receiving with local users. He also has no problem sending and receiving with other colleagues in US!

We're both on PEARL, and we had no problem communicating with the messenger till about a week ago. It's very frustrating. We tried everything including removing a contact and re-adding, battery pull, etc. Nothing works.

His name is constantly in italics (which means he's "busy"), and his message is not coming through me.

We just found out about this service, and we thought it was the coolest thing especially since there's no extra charge for it (as opposed to SMS). Last night literally, we tried about an hour of all kinds of different combo of removing and adding
    the contacts, but it's still the same.

I'll be watching this thread as well.

Thank god for the Crackberry.com....
    Last edited by jbmania; 10-28-08 at 09:22 PM. Reason: reformatting
    10-28-08 09:20 PM
    anything new out there?
    11-03-08 04:26 PM
    Hey Laith, I am still in the same position where my contact with whom I was able to message for months is still showing as pending. I joined the BlackBerry Owners Lounge and reported my issue just like others did and still no response. I have monitored this site and it seems that others are reporting similar BBM issues almost daily. Today I read on the BlackBerry site that BB smartphone users can receive direct support from Research In Motion (RIM) 24 hours a day, seven days a week for any issues relating to BlackBerry Internet Service, smartphone functionality, and approved smartphone applications at a cost of $49 USD per incident. I am thinking about doing that since no one from this site was able to help. Their number is +1 877 255 2377 and the we site link is BlackBerry - Software Services - Technical Support Services at BlackBerry.com. I will post my progress on this link but in the event you are lucky in getting a solution please let me know.
    11-03-08 07:58 PM
    i have posted about this too, i have a rogers bold using it in bahrain. Have the exact same problem and its annoying as ****. everything runs completely fine (therefore not a network problem as i am fully connected to 3G and using the new OS) only problem is a handful of contacts who i cant bbm or send PIN msgs too, but i can recieve what they send me....it's driving me crazy! Its def a RIM issue...
    11-04-08 06:11 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD