I was downloading Blackberry Desktop Manager and it erased everything off the phone. Is there any way to restore all my info back?
    08-13-10 08:10 PM
    I was downloading Blackberry Desktop Manager and it erased everything off the phone. Is there any way to restore all my info back?
    First of all DM is for your PC, so that should have nothing to do with your phone unless you pluged it in after the download and hit something. Hopefully you backed you phone up with DM 5, then you can load the back up file with DM 6.
    08-13-10 08:16 PM
    Restore the backup with Desktop Manager. That is all you can do, if you have a backup file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-10 08:47 PM
    Restore the backup with Desktop Manager. That is all you can do, if you have a backup file.

How do I restore if I never did a backup and this is my first time downloading Desktop Manager?
    08-13-10 08:59 PM
    How do I restore if I never did a backup and this is my first time downloading Desktop Manager?
    One word: screwed.

Sorry.

08-13-10 09:00 PM
    You can't restore without a backup file. And why would downloading dm make your phone erase?
    08-13-10 09:13 PM
    You can't restore without a backup file. And why would downloading dm make your phone erase?
    Don't know what happened but that's what it did. Now I'm on the verge of a nervous breakdown b/c I don't know what to do.
    08-13-10 09:30 PM
    Tried a battery pull yet?

08-13-10 09:44 PM
    Tried a battery pull yet?

Yeah...no change
    08-13-10 09:50 PM
    Then I guess the only thing left is to start over. And what ever you did the last time, try to figure it out so you don't do it again. And I'm sure it's needless to say start backing up asap. If you had, this disaster would not even be an inconvenience. Sorry for your loss.

08-13-10 10:57 PM
    Then I guess the only thing left is to start over. And what ever you did the last time, try to figure it out so you don't do it again. And I'm sure it's needless to say start backing up asap. If you had, this disaster would not even be an inconvenience. Sorry for your loss.

I second this.
    08-14-10 12:00 AM
    Let's start again. Where were you downloading DM? Computer or phone? Did you actually run it or were you just downloading it? If you ran it and tried a sync without setting parameters to Outlook and which way the sync would run, you might erase data. Where were you downloading it from? Carrier, Rim, other?

Are you sure you did not set a Filter in Contacts? Go to contacts and press the BB/menu button and go to the Filter item and make sure none are set? Did you have calendar entries and are they gone, too?
    08-14-10 10:41 AM
    Yeah, there's no way that just downloading (or even just installing) BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer would erase everything on your BlackBerry.

To the OP, can you give more details about exact what you did (ALL the steps) and exactly what happened?
    08-14-10 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD