Hi Guys, I currently have a Curve 9300 which is standard issue to us from my work place, we have an enterprise server in the main office, but I also have my personal Email account set up on it too. As far as I am aware we have no restrictions on downloading apps or using data.
    I am not entirely as clued up as you guys so hence help is needed. I have a Playbook which is Fab and I bridge to my 9300 no problem but the bridge browser is very slow.
    Is that dependant on our enterprise server ?
    What I am thinking of doing is buying my own Bold 9900 and putting my O2 business sim from my 9300 and getting the guys in the office to add it to the server so I can use a better phone (the 9300 is pants)
    Can anyone see any disadvantages or problems that I will come accross ?
    Sorry to ask so many questions but I know you guys are experts and I aint ! Lol !
    Thanks !
    01-30-12 01:57 PM
    As long as your Enterprise folks are willing, it's probably worth a try, but seeing as it's up to them, you'll need their approval far more than ours.

I'd certainly prefer a Bold over a Curve.
    01-30-12 02:23 PM
    I would have to think your perfromance issues are related to your older 9300 phone. Also, what provider is your phone with? EDGE, 3G or H+ connection?
    01-30-12 02:25 PM
    Thanks so far ! Our carrier is O2 and my phone is 3g.
    Would the Bold be a better set-up ?
    Is O2 uk H+ yet ? and would the Bold handle that ok.
    Can the BES restrict anything like that ?
    Thanks again.
    01-30-12 03:19 PM
    You don't need to use the Bridge Browser, the standard one works just fine.

I don't think you'll notice any difference in speeds, if you do it will be very minimal. Browsing over bridge is dependent on the signal from your carrier. 3G speeds are 3G speeds. If O2 does support H+ (not sure if they do) then your 9300 will get that too, it might not say H+ in the corner, but that's what you'll be getting. If the phone is capable of 3G then it's capable of H+.

Now, with all that said, The 9900 is a kick a$$ phone and you'll love it much more than the 9300. Just don't expect a drastic change in Bridge speed...
    01-30-12 04:02 PM
    The Bold is of course going to be an improvement over the 9300, but I would recommend contacting your employer first to make sure they're alright with it.
    01-30-12 04:51 PM
    The Bold is of course going to be an improvement over the 9300, but I would recommend contacting your employer first to make sure they're alright with it.
    Thanks for that, would it make a great bit of difference to the company ?
    What sort of things could they not be happy about ?
    I need to know in case they say no and I can come back with constructive answers.
    Thanks.
    01-30-12 05:14 PM
    Thanks for that, would it make a great bit of difference to the company ?
    What sort of things could they not be happy about ?
    I need to know in case they say no and I can come back with constructive answers.
    Thanks.
    Some companies just prefer to use only one kind of phone, makes it easier for them to troubleshoot issues and work with.

If they say No, there's nothing you can really do about. It's their decision because they have control over your phone.
    01-30-12 05:18 PM
    Some companies just prefer to use only one kind of phone, makes it easier for them to troubleshoot issues and work with.

If they say No, there's nothing you can really do about. It's their decision because they have control over your phone.
    Our company trouble shoot phones ? Thats a laugh, there answer to everything is pull the battery out ! !
    We have various different BB within the company, and I am sick to death of mine so that is why I am thinking about spending my own for an easier life and a decent phone.
    It is all food for thought !
    Thanks again guys !
    01-30-12 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD