So when someone gives me their new number and i hit "add contact" it takes me to the screen with all the information but the number goes to the "work" heading. Most of the time I want a number to go to "mobile" but I have to physically copy and paste it to there. Is there any way it can go to 'mobile' by default? Thanks!!
    07-18-10 01:30 PM
  2. T
    Good question. I want the answer, too. Self-ping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-10 01:32 PM
    No there is not. The reason why that happens is because when blackberry designed these phones they where designed for "working people". I dont believe there is any way to change this. If you would like to make the cut and paste process easier for yourself seaerch for the blackberry keyboard shortcuts and its just a breeze.
    07-18-10 01:35 PM
    BB is by nature a business first device. Work number is the default way unless change comes with a new OS.

07-18-10 01:36 PM
    I made the mistake of putting it in the business category the first few times, it sucks we can't change it but at least now that people read this thread they'll notice they too may have put a mobile number in the business category
    07-18-10 02:22 PM
    If I have a number in my log that I want to add to a new contact, I 'copy' the number, open contacts and create new. Then, I simply paste it in the mobile field. Also, another thing that bugs me is when I use Poynt and I want to save an establishment, it saves the name in the Company field. I always have to change it to the name field.
    07-18-10 04:44 PM
    Hopefully with OS6 it will make mobile the default when you save a number since for me at least its almost always mobile.

07-18-10 04:58 PM
    I wish there as a setting that we could choose as the default number.
    On my previous BlackBerry I used an application called Save Number As.
    It would install itself in the Menu so you could save it to something other than the Work #.

07-18-10 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD