PHONE: Curve 8900 Titanium code model. RBZ41GW

v4.6.1.114 (platform4.2.0.76)

Here is the situation....Bought new car 8 months ago, and everything worked fine with bluetooth. Recently, when I get in the car and phone pairs up, the whole head unit (nav/radio/etc) shuts down and reboots every few minutes.

Took car to the dealership and they could not find any problems but replaced head unit. Same problem. Car was tested with other phones and other BB and no problems. Took my phone in another car (same year make and model and head unit) Other car immediately started doing the same thing. (turning off and re-booting every few minutes)

Okay, so the problem lies in MY BB. Not necessarily this 8900 model, since I know somebody with same car, same phone and no problems plus it worked in my car for a long time with no problems. Something in my phone (software/settings/etc..)is causing problem. Anyone else experience simialr issue? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
    06-25-10 04:40 PM
    Have you tried a firmware update on your BB? Either stick with the recommended carrier update, or go OS5.
    06-25-10 05:32 PM
    contacted T-Mobile for an over the air software update and they checked my phone and said it had the lastest software. Is that what you were referring to?
    06-25-10 06:35 PM
    Version 4.6.1.231 is the latest version that T-Mobile is offering on their website Unsupported Browser. You could try upgrading to a non-supported (non T-Mobile) firmware-check out the forum stickies. I have been using .231 without any issues for quite some time now.
    06-26-10 02:04 AM
    The latest os for the 8900 is the 5.0.681 which you can download from the top/sticky of the 8900 thread. That could help with your bluetooth problem if infact you're dealing with a software problem. Once downloaded follow the Ahmed guide found in the thread to install the non T-mobile os on your phone or the guide below.

Instructions for installing new os:

1. Back up all important info and any 3rd party apps from device using DM (info - device settings, messages, sms, mms, contacts etc.) & *BBSAK (3rd party apps).

2. Uninstall previouse os from pc (go to control panel--> add/remove program--> uninstall device software, whatever version is already installed) , then install newly downloaded os onto pc. (After installing you will be prompted to restart pc)

3. Delete vendor xml file in c: program files\ common files\ research in motion\ apploader (scroll down and find vendor xml file and delete it)

4. Run BBSAK and connect device to pc. Wipe the device completely using BBSAK.

5. Wiping device will take about 2-5mins and device will initialize and show white screen which will say reload software 507.

6. Click reload os on BBSAK while phone is still connected, and follow reload or os install instructions.

7. Restore all backed up info and apps once os install is completed using DM & BBSAK.

*BBSAK will back-up all your 3rd party apps that are installed on your device before you upgrade the os. Once upgrade is done, you will use it to restore all your apps all at once instead of re-downloading them one at a time.

Entire process should take no less than an hour depending on how much you have to back up and restore.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD