basically i got a contract with o2 and they ended up cutting my phone off, so i got unlock generator got the code and done it , it will now connect to my wi fi and go on the net and stuff but the other sim cards im putting in are saying sim not provisiond:2 the same as my o2 contract sim its my first time trying to get a phone unblocked by myself just wondering if anyone can help me out thanks ?
    03-24-12 06:07 PM
    Sounds like your sim card has no number attached to it, I think your provider needs to assign you with a phone number and link it to your sim then your sim will be provisioned.
    03-24-12 06:12 PM
    im new to all this but a thought because they had cut my phone off because of an unpaid bill i could just unblock and use a new sim ? because i bought a new sim and put it in ?
    03-24-12 06:18 PM
    it depends. i know here in Canada the big three (Rogers,Bell,Telus) put the phone on a kinda 'blacklist' if you dont pay your bill. that way it stops people from just unlocking it and switching to a different carrier and not paying the bill.
    03-24-12 06:21 PM
    You will need to pay your bill in order to get your device unblocked. The providers in the UK do block devices if a customer fails to pay his bill.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...7/#post5284882
    03-24-12 06:21 PM
    so theres no way of getting this done the shop i was giving this to said that it would cost me 80 pounds so i thought id give it a go myself i just though it wae the sim i never thoughtyou could block the phone itself
    03-24-12 06:25 PM
    ya the actual IMEI is on this 'blacklist' so in order to ever use that phone again you'll have to pay your bill.
    03-24-12 06:27 PM
    is there any way you cant change the phones imei number haha ?
    03-24-12 06:30 PM
    is there any way you cant change the phones imei number haha ?
    That is illegal.

Mobile Phone Crime Unit: Reprogramming
    03-24-12 06:34 PM
    Lol, that would be tooo easy wouldn't it! But it doesn't sound like the phone is locked from what you're saying the sim need to be provisioned ( new sim card no number attached to it the network doesn't recognize it)

If you get a sim from a different provider and get a new number (yours probably won't work since it was canceled) you're phone should be fine as long as it's unlocked.
    03-24-12 06:38 PM
    yeah i unlocked it erlier through a generator i got off hereand then went and bought a sim from the shop but it just says sim not provisioned:2 it connects to my internet now though which it didnt before i dont realy have a clue i just thought i couldave got a new sim in then pay from then because o2 where sending me dodgey bills every month and the sim i bought was a t mobile but it shouldnt matter as i unlcoked it should it ?
    03-24-12 06:43 PM
    No it doesn't matter, you just don't have a phone number with the new sim card that's your problem. The sim is blank hence that it's not provisioned you need a t-mobile phone number. If they offer a pre-paid plan that would be a start then they would link a phone # to your sim. Unless you can get a new contract with them that's up to you.

In the end you need a phone number to be paired with that new sim card. Until then it will show sim not provisioned.
    03-24-12 06:56 PM
    im not sure if this means anything but when i got to options adavanced settings in sim card it says ...... sim card secruity disabled id bla bla then phone number there is a number then in bracketts (LINE 1)
    03-24-12 07:05 PM
    The disable part means your phone is unlocked and that's good. The line one I believe it's the sim card number, way at the bottom of that screen you should see phone number (last line). I don't know what yours will be but that's what it is on my end.
    03-24-12 07:11 PM
    all the options are diasbled and yes the phone number is there a would just pay my bill and avoid all this but o2 said to me that i need to pay my hole bill in one go which i cant afford and they said they wouldnt reconnect me anyway so a dot really see the point in giving them all that money for nothing in return basically lol
    03-24-12 07:15 PM
    Didn't you get a sim from a different provider? If so you need to get a new number from that new provider and start fresh with a new number. Your original # will be blocked until you can pay the the bill which you'll have to pay for sooner or later.
    03-24-12 07:26 PM
    You need to pay your bill.

Then the "problem" will be sorted.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    03-24-12 07:35 PM
    You need to pay your bill.

Then the "problem" will be sorted.
    Once the bill is paid, the device will be able to be used on a different provider's network. However, it will just be a paperweight until the bill is paid.
    03-24-12 07:53 PM
    If you don't pay your past due bill, you just need to buy a new phone.
    03-24-12 08:24 PM
    Didn't you get a sim from a different provider? If so you need to get a new number from that new provider and start fresh with a new number. Your original # will be blocked until you can pay the the bill which you'll have to pay for sooner or later.
    The providers in the UK are different than providers in the US and Canada. The IMEI, not the SIM, is what is blocked due to nonpayment of the bill. No matter what SIM and what phone number is associated with that SIM, the device will not work with any UK provider until the bill is paid and the block is removed.
    03-24-12 08:28 PM
    The providers in the UK are different than providers in the US and Canada. The IMEI, not the SIM, is what is blocked due to nonpayment of the bill. No matter what SIM and what phone number is associated with that SIM, the device will not work with any UK provider until the bill is paid and the block is removed.
    I see, thanks I didn't know that's how it worked over in th UK.
    03-24-12 09:10 PM
    I see, thanks I didn't know that's how it worked over in th UK.
    The link I gave in post #5 explains it. Pete6, a former Moderator, is from the UK.
    03-24-12 09:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD