Today at work I accidentally dropped my brand new Torch 9810, it landed flat on it's back (with the screen looking up), since, the trackpad has been working on and off, I rebooted the device 3 times and it's a little better, but still showing some problems. I'm very much surprised because my previous Torch 9800 suffered tons of accidents and never showing anything close to this. Does anybody have any suggestions? I checked the whole phone, no dent or crack anywhere, looks the same as the day I got it, which was a couple of days ago! So as you can imagine I'm in pain! I love my new BB, total crackberry addict...just wanna have it perfect again...
    09-06-11 09:48 PM
    Call them up. Switch it out with manufacturers warranty.

It shouldn't be broken from one drop but just to be safe don't mention it to the CS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-11 10:20 PM
    I would do the same.
    09-06-11 10:23 PM
    As long as there is no signs of physical damage and its still not working I would return it for another device.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    09-06-11 10:37 PM
    could have damaged the motherboard somehow, you won't notice any outward damage but it can have a crack inside causing an intermittent connection.

one time long ago i had a Nokia Personal Communicator (had the flip out QWERTY keyboard for texting) and one of my friend's pet deer got hold of it, nibbled it and though it looked undamaged the phone soon started phantom calling people in my contacts and they would call me asking why i called them and hung up! LOL. sometimes things happen you cannot find the cause of. i suggest warranty return
    09-07-11 12:11 AM
    no signs of any physical damage at all, that's why i dont get it, i had the torch 9800 for over one year and dropped it many times and never showed any problems at all, i even sold it to a friend who called me today tripping about the phone, on how great it works etc etc. will take it to the store and ask for a new one, the past thre days have been a total honeymoon with my new torch 9810 until this happened this afternoon...bummed out, but for what its worth, all my previous bb's have worked and performed perfectly, for a first time problem with bb after many years and different devices i will not change brands at all, love bb, will get a new one and post here as soon as i have it
    09-07-11 01:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD