I purchased a curve and pearl for my son and myself with the understanding that i could track his location through his phone but I am unable to locate what software I need to download on my phone to track his. Could someone please let me know what i need to do. thanks so much
    08-10-08 09:58 PM
    What carrier do you have? Some are GPS enabled. If you have Verizon, you can get Chaperone which will enable you to keep tabs on him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 10:02 PM
    there is a site that does gps tracking via the phones browser.
    Last edited by johnsmohr111; 08-10-08 at 10:32 PM.
    08-10-08 10:08 PM
    I must say, "help" is a very useful, descriptive thread title. Handy.

Why do you feel the need to keep tabs on your son? I would not take my phone anywhere with me if this was the case... I'm quite strongly against a totalarian overbody (Big Brother is watching ) and censorship. Fine if you're worried, but if you're going to SPY on him.. that's wrong. Why can't you just phone him and ask him where he is? Or SMS him?

Why do you feel the need to spy on him? I'd hate this.

Don't want to spark a flame war or anything.. but I've seen loads of parents lo-jack their kids phones just so they know where they are! You've got to let your spouse get some freedom sometime...
    Last edited by Lloyd_Humph; 08-10-08 at 10:14 PM.
    08-10-08 10:12 PM
    08-10-08 10:27 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    08-11-08 09:06 AM
    Kinda creepy

Why not gain the trust of your kid before you buy him a smartphone so you can track his every movement?
    08-11-08 09:10 AM
    Welcome, Steff! Good luck with your son.
    08-11-08 09:13 AM
    We agreed ahead of time due to the fact that we live in a rural area. Both of us. I hate the fact that when you ask a question someone always has to respond with their own guilt or anger. Thanks for your opinion, I think I will file it in File 13.
    08-12-08 12:16 PM
    To all of you that posted helpful comments thank you very much.
    08-12-08 12:17 PM
    08-12-08 12:59 PM
    Thanks again, but it seems alltel doesnt offer much in this area.
    08-12-08 01:42 PM
    In my opinion, tracking your kid by GPS is a great idea, not because he or she can't be trusted but because there are others out there who can't be trusted. My 9 and 12 year olds have cell phones (primarily for safety reasons, when they are at a friend's or outside playing-and yes I pay attention to what they are doing.) I'm going to look into this tracking program.

For older kids, there may be other serious issues that have occurred in which it has become important to know where they are, for their own good.

Just a mom's opinion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-12-08 02:35 PM
    Well the technology is out there and if it will help you in your personal lives for your own reasons I say take advantage of it. I put Trekkbuddy on my phone to test it after i did some investigating for Steffseay. I must say it is a pretty cool program and is user friendly enough, it should do the job for you if you can get it configured properly. I am fairly savvy with phones and such and will be around to help if future problem arise.
    08-12-08 10:59 PM
    I must say, "help" is a very useful, descriptive thread title. Handy.

Why do you feel the need to keep tabs on your son? I would not take my phone anywhere with me if this was the case... I'm quite strongly against a totalarian overbody (Big Brother is watching ) and censorship. Fine if you're worried, but if you're going to SPY on him.. that's wrong. Why can't you just phone him and ask him where he is? Or SMS him?

Why do you feel the need to spy on him? I'd hate this.

Don't want to spark a flame war or anything.. but I've seen loads of parents lo-jack their kids phones just so they know where they are! You've got to let your spouse get some freedom sometime...
    While I agree with some of your points Lloyd, until you have kids you won't understand. These days it's not so much about trusting your own kids as it is worrying about sickos and freaks that like to take little kids or young women.

If you really disagree with it, I suggest you take a look at the "Missing Children" posters at department/grocery stores or volunteer to search during an Amber Alert.
    08-13-08 01:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD