I have just received my Blackberry 8700.

With the company i work for, we have something called mobex numbers to ring each other.
    The mobex number is a five digit number

Since dialling out my first mobex number today. It seems to have set his number as default. Everytime i go through my phonebook to ring someone else. It will just ring the same default Blackberry number again.

Please help!
    06-20-08 06:37 AM
    Talk to your IT department about it, I am sure they have solutions for BlackBerries on that 'mobex' system.

Sorry, but it seems like a company thing, not really a BlackBerry thing... so I have no clue how to help!
    06-20-08 06:53 AM
    Talk to your IT department about it, I am sure they have solutions for BlackBerries on that 'mobex' system.

Sorry, but it seems like a company thing, not really a BlackBerry thing... so I have no clue how to help!
    No Mate, IT dont know what ive done!

Its a setting which ive changed!

The phone asked me something like "For all corporate 5 digit numbers, would you like this to be default"

Anyone have any idea?
    06-20-08 11:20 AM
    No Mate, IT dont know what ive done!

Its a setting which ive changed!

The phone asked me something like "For all corporate 5 digit numbers, would you like this to be default"

Anyone have any idea?
    Definitely seems like a company situation. This could happen with any capable phone aside from blackberry i would imagine. Have you tried calling your company's service provider or even Blackberry tech?
    06-20-08 11:23 AM
    is the phone set to ONLY call these modex numbers within the company or can you call contacts outside the company, like personals, as well?
    06-20-08 11:26 AM
    is the phone set to ONLY call these modex numbers within the company or can you call contacts outside the company, like personals, as well?
    Basically. I certain people in my phone book have mobex numbers. I dialled a mobex number today and it said that it would be made as corporate default.

Now whenever i try to dial somebody elses mobex. It still rings that previous persons mobex.

#????
    06-20-08 12:44 PM
    Basically. I certain people in my phone book have mobex numbers. I dialled a mobex number today and it said that it would be made as corporate default.

Now whenever i try to dial somebody elses mobex. It still rings that previous persons mobex.

#????
    I would call Blackberry tech and ask them, I am not fimiliar with mobex and by the lack of feedback on the thread I'm assuming no one else is either.
    06-20-08 01:19 PM
    Try going into the phone icon, then menu button, then options, then smart dialing and see what's in there. I have a feeling under office extensions you set the number there.

Other than that call your BB Tech support number.
    06-20-08 02:52 PM
    Try going into the phone icon, then menu button, then options, then smart dialing and see what's in there. I have a feeling under office extensions you set the number there.

Other than that call your BB Tech support number.
    Superb, cracked it now!!!
    Thanks guys!
    06-21-08 01:42 AM
    Glad to see your problem resolved. Welcome to Crackberry.
    06-21-08 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD