Hello!
    I got my blackberry about two months ago, and i set it so it would have a password to get into it. Something happens if you type the incorrect password in too many times (10 max) and someone did that to my phone, and apparently everything gets wiped off your phone, and that happened to mine. Is there anyway to retreive all of my personal belongings on my phone?
    Also, everytime i turn my phone on now, there is a cassette like picture, with a circle, square and a triangle in it. There is a line crossed through this picture, and the number 507 under this picture. Does this mean anything.. what whould i do about this?

Thanks
    05-27-08 05:09 PM
    Did you pull the battery out of the phone while it was reseting?

507 means that the phone is nuked. You may want to check out the blackberry 101 lecture on how to revive a dead blackberry.

The only way to get your data back is if you created a backup file on your computer before your berry was wiped
    05-27-08 05:12 PM
    Opps... Your "friend" has wiped your Curve, everything personal is gone.

If you have made a back up, you are in luck. If not, you will know better for next time.

If being wiped were not bad enough, your OS is corrupted too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/
    Last edited by Stoner; 05-27-08 at 05:15 PM.
    05-27-08 05:13 PM
    Thanks! yeah i guess that means i lost 5 years worth of numbers.. oh well life goes on.
    I"m kind of new here. where do i find the information on how to revive a dead battery?

I charge my batter overnight, and i hear doing that kills your batter, do you think thats why it is like this?
    05-27-08 05:14 PM
    and yes now that i think about it, yes i think i did pull my battery out whiole it was reseting
    05-27-08 05:15 PM
    Thanks! yeah i guess that means i lost 5 years worth of numbers.. oh well life goes on.
    I"m kind of new here. where do i find the information on how to revive a dead battery?

I charge my batter overnight, and i hear doing that kills your batter, do you think thats why it is like this?
    its not your battery thats dead, its your blackberry itself. the link with the info you will need is posted in the comment above.

also, charging your phone overnight wont harm your battery. now you just gotta worry about bringing your poor lil berry back from the dead - good luck!!
    05-27-08 05:17 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ckberry-32322/

^^^ Just in case you missed my late edit.
    05-27-08 05:19 PM
    okay thanks so much guys, but this program that they are talking in this link that you fowarded to me, is it the CD that comes in the box when you get your phone?
    05-27-08 05:21 PM
    okay thanks so much guys, but this program that they are talking in this link that you fowarded to me, is it the CD that comes in the box when you get your phone?
    umm no... i dont think so. the cd you are talking about is probably your desktop manager.
    05-27-08 05:24 PM
    someone quick answer, i'm supposed to be studying =)
    05-27-08 05:24 PM
    i just did.
    05-27-08 05:25 PM
    hahah, but when it says on the help screen (the one you guys fowarded to retreive my blackberry!) it says that i need to have a software downloaded, is it the one that comes in the box when you buy the blackberry
    05-27-08 05:28 PM
    ok are you talking about where it says you need to have the desktop manager installed??? if so, then yes, that is the cd that comes in the original box.
    05-27-08 05:31 PM
    okay! thanks so much!!
    05-27-08 05:34 PM
    youre welcome and good luck!
    05-27-08 05:35 PM
    That is just the first step.

You will need both Desktop Manager from the CD and you will need a copy of your device OS.

If you have any trouble with the device OS, check out Step #2 in this link, it is exactly the same.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    05-27-08 05:37 PM
    haha, i need it!
    I'm stuck using my old banged up pink slvr, until i get my BB fixed!
    05-27-08 05:38 PM
    This might make me sound a litttle dumb.. whats an OS?
    05-27-08 05:39 PM
    operating system.
    05-27-08 05:39 PM
    oh, okay well i should have known that ..
    I'm gonna try to get this thing back up and running. I'm not to tech savy though.. i'll just get a replacement if worse comes to worse.. and one more question

HOw do i get aim on my phone
    05-27-08 05:47 PM
    i would worry about making sure you actually HAVE a phone to put aim on first!

kidding... youll want to get jivetalk.
    05-27-08 05:49 PM
    With at&t you need to go through media net, then click on mail and messaging and download OZ instant messaging client. Or use jivetalk
    05-27-08 05:51 PM
    If you don't have the CD with Desktop Manager on it, you can download it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 05:57 PM
    Let us know how it all turns out. Good luck!

05-27-08 07:02 PM
    - If you don't have the CD with Desktop Manager on it, you can download it
    Yes. BlackBerry Desktop Manager is available for downloading. Same links as the OS downloads.

05-27-08 10:33 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD