my blackberry shows that i have a new inbox message (sms or mms) but there are no new inbox.. the little envelope is annoying me how do i get it to go away?
    03-20-09 09:18 PM
    Take the battery out and put it back in, that should do it.

Are you sure there is no message, you might be looking at SMS but it might be an email, and you have not selected to see emails with SMS together or viceversa
    03-20-09 09:19 PM
    You check your saved messages folder??
    03-20-09 09:21 PM
    tryed taking the battery out already didnt work .. also checked the saved messages .. nothing

any other suggestions??
    03-20-09 09:22 PM
    messages>menu button>view folder and check all them - as sultan said the saved message folder is usually where they are..... If nothing is found, the BP should work - phone on, remove battery and replace in 30 seconds. Make sure its not a voice mail too
    03-20-09 09:23 PM
    ughhhhh its still there .. did everything you told me checked every folder took the battery out yet again ... dont believe its a voicemail bc that would be the tape recorder symbol ..so frustrated .. anything else i can do?
    03-20-09 09:31 PM
    I have read once where a stuck message, actually a read receipt was on the server/home email and it caused the indicator to not go away so give that a look.....

You can always do this if no one else has a suggestion..... But wait to see if someone can help

Plug in to DM.
    Backup your device.
    Then once in the backup and restore screen go to advanced... From the list on the right, choose messages, then clear.
    Do a battery pull with the device on.

Then if you wish you can go back to advanced backup and restore and restore your messages data base.
    03-20-09 09:44 PM

Do a battery pull with the device on.
    This is key, are you pulling the battery with the BB on, or are you turning the power off before you pull the battery?
    03-20-09 09:49 PM
    Not a missed call either?
    03-20-09 09:53 PM
    I'm having the same issues. Did this work for you CARlY?

My problem is similar in that I have a message indicator, but I'll do the battery pull and it works. Only to have it come back a day later.
    03-24-09 07:54 AM
    I take it you have checked the SMS folder too, AND the phone log? To check other folders for the stray message, open messages folder, then press the BB button and select view folders. You may need to do this multiple times, check them all, look for unopened mail and missed calls.
    03-24-09 09:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD