My Blackberry Bold is 3 months old and I dropped it in a water puddle. It didn't get too wet, but certain keys don't work. Ex: I type in o and it puts in ok..It has a password and i can't get in because the keys add extra letters and my delete button doesn't work....I don't care if I have to loose all of my information and start over and I can deal with keys not working...I use it to check my email mostly...I got in once and tried to take the password off but it made me re-type the password and I couldn't get the keys to work...I'm at a loss...Is there a place to send it in to get it repaired? I had no insurance, and the water strip is red....
    03-13-09 07:46 PM
    Take the battery out and don't put it back in. Put the phone in a bag of rice and let it absorb for about 24 hours. Then after that, put your battery back in and see what happens.

DO NOT TURN THE PHONE BACK ON AFTER YOU TAKE THE BATTERY OUT.
    03-13-09 07:49 PM
    hi sallykate - sorry to hear about ur puddle mishap-if the sticker is red- it got wet. the best thing you can do right now is let it dry out for a few days and ive also heard from other posts about putting it in rice to help it dry out as well....
    03-13-09 07:49 PM
    hi sallykate - sorry to hear about ur puddle mishap-if the sticker is red- it got wet. the best thing you can do right now is let it dry out for a few days and ive also heard from other posts about putting it in rice to help it dry out as well....
    I am not sure how that works, but it seems to work quite well for BBs that have taken a swim.
    03-13-09 08:08 PM
    It works because the rice is dried and has a naturally high humidity- absorption rate. That is why grains have been added for decades to salt shakers, to prevent humidity from caking the salt

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-13-09 08:50 PM
    Ah-ha! Good call BK! I knew there wuld be a method to the madness!! Lol

03-13-09 09:03 PM
    If you have any of them little silica baggie things that sometimes come with food or medicine toss them in there as well for the heck of it, works!

Its just hope and pray that it works properly after a few days - wish you the best of luck
    03-13-09 09:11 PM
    It works because the rice is dried and has a naturally high humidity- absorption rate. That is why grains have been added for decades to salt shakers, to prevent humidity from caking the salt

I always wondered about that. Thanks BK.
    03-13-09 09:24 PM
    No problem. My granma was a waitress, oh so many moons ago, and she imparted that knowledge upon me.

As moisture evaporates, as long as the unit is sealed into a bag of rice, the condensation is drawn toward the drier rice, rather than just staying in one place.

Have you ever noticed, that in preparing rice, you use 2 cups of water to 1 cup of rice? Kinda gives you an idea of how much rice can absorb.

03-14-09 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD