Hi I've got a BB curve 8330 and I've been with telus (Canada) for 4 years now. In December my port broke and I had to go to telus and get a replacement. Then a couple weeks ago my keys stopped working, the scroll wheel still works but wont click so the phone is all but useless to me. Now I went back to telus yet again and they found a speck of red on the damage sticker (which is conveniently located underneath the scroll wheel so any sweat will set it off) and they said my warranty is voided. So my question is I've heard friends talking about how they've called BB and have talked to them and BLACKBERRY has sent them a new phone and once they recieved it, they sent their old one back. Now what would I tell them, because the speck of red hardly proves water damage.
    Any suggestions?
    03-05-09 01:48 PM
    They are talking about a manufactor warranty. After four years I highly doubt RIM would do anything. Best bet is to go on ebay and buy a new one. I don't think they are that much.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 05:33 PM
    I'd give contacting RIM a try, can't hurt but I wouldn't expect too much. Are you eligible for an upgrade? Could you get a new Curve that way?
    03-05-09 07:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD