Hi, I am new here and wanting to purchase a blackberry.

I am sooo in a pickle though because I cannot decide whether to get the Bold 2 or the Storm 2......

I have no means to try out the phones before I buy them so that rules that out, which one should I get!>!>!>????
    06-14-10 05:51 AM
    Basically it comes down to 1 main deciding factor, do you want a keyboard, or a touch screen?
    06-14-10 08:03 AM
    Basically it comes down to 1 main deciding factor, do you want a keyboard, or a touch screen?
    Yeah.... THing is I can't decide.

My last 2 phones were touch screens and I must say it would be quite nice to have a change, but the thing that's stopping me going for the Bold is the surepress system of the screen clicking, which looks really cool.
    06-14-10 09:20 AM
    Ok I like surepress, and the Storm2 does it MUCH better than Storm1, but it's not for everyone. Why can't you try it out first? I highly recommend trying it out first. Another plus for the Storm2 is the screen, it's beautiful, large and great resolution (yes the Bold has great resolution, BUT the extra size DOES matter). You also get OpenGL support for a better 3D gaming expierence althought there are only a handful of games that take advantage of it, BUT there are some cool ones such as Tank Recon 3D & PBA Bowling 2. (least those are the 2 I own)

There is ALSO a Bold Slider coming, that has a touch screen (without surepress) and a slide down keyboard, BUT it is months away, and that is in the US I get the feeling you are NOT US based. It probably IS coming to the euro (Middle East - am I guessing right???) market too, but we don't know when.

EDIT: Lets move this thread to BB Discussion and get you some more opinions, too many folks skip the Newbie Forum. (Shame on them!)
    06-14-10 09:41 AM
    Ok I like surepress, and the Storm2 does it MUCH better than Storm1, but it's not for everyone. Why can't you try it out first? I highly recommend trying it out first. Another plus for the Storm2 is the screen, it's beautiful, large and great resolution (yes the Bold has great resolution, BUT the extra size DOES matter). You also get OpenGL support for a better 3D gaming expierence althought there are only a handful of games that take advantage of it, BUT there are some cool ones such as Tank Recon 3D & PBA Bowling 2. (least those are the 2 I own)

There is ALSO a Bold Slider coming, that has a touch screen (without surepress) and a slide down keyboard, BUT it is months away, and that is in the US I get the feeling you are NOT US based. It probably IS coming to the euro (Middle East - am I guessing right???) market too, but we don't know when.

EDIT: Lets move this thread to BB Discussion and get you some more opinions, too many folks skip the Newbie Forum. (Shame on them!)

Thanks, yeah I am not in Middle East, I'm in South Africa.
    Can't try it out as there are no shops that have demo's and I don't know anyone with a Storm 2.
    06-14-10 10:10 AM
    In my world keyboard is the deciding feature. No touch screens for me. The 9700 is a marvelous device with a physical keyboard. Recommended by me.
    06-14-10 11:42 AM

I am sooo in a pickle though because I cannot decide whether to get the Bold 2 or the Storm 2......

I have no means to try out the phones before I buy them so that rules that out, which one should I get!>!>!>????
    I wouldn't suggest getting Storm. RIM's touchscreen devices are crap. If you so into touchscreens go with iPhone or Android. BB works best if they are with physical keyboard.
    06-14-10 11:47 AM
    I wouldn't suggest getting Storm. RIM's touchscreen devices are crap. If you so into touchscreens go with iPhone or Android. BB works best if they are with physical keyboard.
    Really? To each their own...I tend to think there is nothing better than the s2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-10 02:11 PM
    Really? To each their own...I tend to think there is nothing better than the s2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is what makes me confused!!!

I have had an iPhone and an HTC Hero...
    06-14-10 04:16 PM
    I've enjoyed my S2 actually I keep falling in love with it and will again when we get OS 6. I've tried typing on other touch screens and feel like the S2 screen is by far the easiest to type on with the surepress. So you have to really think about what you want a physical keyboard or a big beautiful screen. And another plus I like is that navigating is sooooo much easier on a touch screen. Just my 2 cents.
    06-14-10 04:33 PM
    The S2 is a great phone and the clicking screen makes it feel somewhat of a "Hardware button". BB keyboards are the best IMO and cant be beat. So its really up to to whether or not you want a physical qwerty or a touchscreen.
    06-14-10 04:57 PM
    Anyone who has owned both?
    06-14-10 06:05 PM
    Bold! The Storm is for people who like BlackBerry but have iPhone envy.
    06-14-10 06:39 PM
    This is what makes me confused!!!

I have had an iPhone and an HTC Hero...
    C'mon, if you had and iPhone, and used it for a while, just try Storm and you'll see wall the problems. RIM made iPhone-alike, why would you need this device? I have had it, but couldn't stand it. Actually, that was one of the first devices I tried after was bored with iPhone. It makes Blackberry look *bad*. This suretype clicking crap... So bad! Try multitouch, try even type something fast -- you'll see how it's flawed. When, on the other side, 9000 and 9700 are really great. You can benefit from really very nice physical keyboard. Why stick with something "average"?
    06-14-10 09:37 PM
    Bold! The Storm is for people who like BlackBerry but have iPhone envy.
    Totally! Blackberry HAS TO HAVE physical keyboard, this is what they did extremely well, this is what nobody can beat them (yet).
    06-14-10 09:41 PM
    C'mon, if you had and iPhone, and used it for a while, just try Storm and you'll see wall the problems. RIM made iPhone-alike, why would you need this device? I have had it, but couldn't stand it. Actually, that was one of the first devices I tried after was bored with iPhone. It makes Blackberry look *bad*. This suretype clicking crap... So bad! Try multitouch, try even type something fast -- you'll see how it's flawed. When, on the other side, 9000 and 9700 are really great. You can benefit from really very nice physical keyboard. Why stick with something "average"?
    Did you have a Storm or a Storm2? The Storm2 is much improved (and the Storm1 on 5.0 is much improved). And some of us actually LIKE surepress. The OP indicated he wanted to try surepress, so he knows the concept.
    06-14-10 09:41 PM

Let' put it this way. Why would you want multitouch? To access applications/browser easier. Because it's kind of easier/more comfortable to tap, slide, scroll with fingers. Now. Blackberry is NOT strong with applications, neither with browser. It actually sucks in this field.
    iPhone and Android are strong with apps/browsing, so that's why the stress on touch-devices.
    On the other hand, there is one clearly very powerful feature of Blackberry -- email, messaging. But to enjoy it you need to have keyboard.
    Why would you get mediocre features of the phone when you can have the best ones? Just brand loyalty? Huh. YOU are paying money, they are not paying to you.
    06-14-10 09:44 PM
    Did you have a Storm or a Storm2? The Storm2 is much improved (and the Storm1 on 5.0 is much improved). And some of us actually LIKE surepress. The OP indicated he wanted to try surepress, so he knows the concept.
    I tried Storm and Storm2. To tell the truth, I tried Storm2 at the office, borrowed from my colleague. While I played like for a week or two with Storm. Obviously people may like surepress, sure. But there is the reason RIM is getting rid of it? I am not trying to tell anybody WHAT to do, just sharing my experience.
    06-14-10 09:46 PM
    I don't get why people are so much downers on the storm. I suppose its a either you love it or hate it type thing, no middle ground. The surepress is nice and after a while you start to get really used to it and it gives the phone the feel like it is responding to your touch. I find myself waiting for the screen to click on all other touch screen devices when I use them. Kind of weird..
    06-14-10 11:20 PM
    Aaaaaagh.

The only thing stopping me from going for the Bold is the Clickable touchscreen.

How is the browsing in comparison?
    06-15-10 02:05 AM
    Okay ordered the Storm 2
    06-15-10 09:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD