Oh and, are the applications that work on landscape blackberries, work the same on vertical torches?
    04-13-12 08:28 AM
    If you want the better keyboard get the 9900 no question.

9810 screen is nicer to use, keyboard isn't quite as good, camera is better. Finding cases for the 9810 sucks though...
    What type are you looking for?

My torches have been otter boxed and a real nice rubber plastic kind that was easy to find on crackberry stores.

Cheers

And as far as the torch keyboard, i love mine. I have seen the bold and it's gorgeous. But i love the larger screen of the torch design.

04-13-12 08:58 AM
    9810 is a bit heavier and thicker, too be expected since it's a slider.
    Yeah indeed its heavy but the features on it are so nice.
    04-13-12 10:46 AM
    I have another question, how is the sound quality on both phones?
    Speaker and earphones?
    9810:

-built in earpiece call quality is excellent
    -built-in speakerphone call quality is excellent
    -free included earbuds - throw them in the garbage immediately unless you like screeching treble with no bass...

When listening to music through Sennheiser MX471 earbuds, the sound quality is indistinguishable from a Samsung Galaxy S2 or a Sony Walkman, and *very* good. If you can stand IEM's then music sound quality is even better.

Cheers
    The REAL Joe
    04-13-12 04:58 PM
    I have the 9800, and I'm not a fan of the keyboard: it's cramped, it seems to be recessed in to the plastic more than the 9900, and I make more mistakes on it than I did with my 9700.

The touchscreen keyboard on the 9800 is not as good as my wife's iPhone, for some reason it doesn't seem as responsive, I don't know how to describe it correctly, but let's just say typing on her iPhone feels more natural.

As well, since the 9800 is a slider, I find that it gets top heavy after typing for a while, it annoys me since the 9700 was so light that it actually floated in mid-air.

So you can see that I'm not a fan of the form-factor of the 9800, which will be similar to the 9810. I would go for the 9900 if I had to do it again. If you're worried about screen size, I find that the 9800 doesn't offer that much more real estate than the 9900, the screen would need to be much larger to wow me.

The OP is looking-into the 9810 not the 9800. I upgraded from the 9800 to the 9810. The 9810 is a much better phone. The keyboard and on-screen typing is better. I enjoy typing on the 9810.
    04-13-12 05:10 PM
    Depends on what you want but for typing outright the 9900. For a slim phone, 9900. For future NFC capabilities, 9900.

For a bigger screen, 9810. Better camera, option of a very good keyboard to use or decent touchscreen keyboard as well, just as quick but overall a more versatile piece IMO.

Have you looked at the 9860 though? I love mine and would hands down choose it over the others.
    I'd also go with the 9860, the best phone BlackBerry offers in my opinion
    04-13-12 05:18 PM
    I don't like full touch screen phones :P
    Full QWERTY keyboard is a MUST on my Blackberry :P
    04-14-12 04:32 AM
    The 9900 has nfc and a bigger keyboard but I don't think you'll be too bothered about nfc being in a blackberry where as the 9810 has a full touch slider and includes a physical keyboard but is smaller when compared to the 9900 and from my own personal experience the torch keyboards are a bit crap....

Both phones have same specs where as torch has autofocus camera and doesn't have nfc in the handset.

Sent from my BlackBerry Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    04-14-12 04:51 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD