How come so many of these threads sound like a bad game of "are we there yet?", FFS just let it go.
    So much whining and self entitlement righteousness.

Posted via CB10
    You're right...Blackberry is doing great....nothing to question...sales are thru the roof!! Ok now you can leave and actually let the people that have input talk..bye
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-16-13 02:53 PM
    Quick in comparison to how other platforms deliver updates. You had specific issues, so an update couldn't come quick enough. I get that. Me, my Z10 has been flawless. Gmail works great, active synch works great, no reboots. Loving it. So to me, 10.1 was quick. I was still in the honeymoon stage with my Z10, then they release 10.1. I'm sure if I had a ton of problems with my phone, and update couldnt' come quick enough. It's all relative. Funny how people get so rude in a thread like this. It's just a conversation about people's perspectives. Chill.
    05-16-13 02:53 PM
    You're right...Blackberry is doing great....nothing to question...sales are thru the roof!! Ok now you can leave and actually let the people that have input talk..bye
    Thank you for validating my point.

Posted via CB10
    bb4life21 likes this.
    05-16-13 02:57 PM
    Thank you for validating my point.

Posted via CB10
    Oh I get it ..you want attention..ok well I'm gonna like and thank your post. Are you good now? If a thread doesn't interest you here is a CRAZY option...don't click on it.
    05-16-13 03:00 PM
    It is very hard to give firm dates on software releases, especially when it is coupled with a complicated Mobile OS.

Android and iOS can give firm dates because they have momentum and they know how to play this game in the modern tech world.

BBRY is still trying to figure it out under new management and with new software. I also think that only true diehards care about software updates, most people do not care, so long as their phone works as intended. We people on this forums probably do not fall in that category. So in the grand scheme of thing "summer" is ok for most users.

BBRY is between a rock and a hard place, they just do not have the luxury of time to wait and wait and wait to feature compete (or exceed) the competition. IMO they should have waited to announce BBM, the timing was crap. They did it one day before Google I/O, my guess they will release BBM around WWDC, which will be another mistake.

They just "cantgetright"
    Rello likes this.
    05-16-13 03:01 PM
    Oh I get it ..you want attention..ok well I'm gonna like and thank your post. Are you good now? If a thread doesn't interest you here is a CRAZY option...don't click on it.
    I can do this all day.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:01 PM
    It is very hard to give firm dates on software releases, especially when it is coupled with a complicated Mobile OS.

Android and iOS can give firm dates because they have momentum and they know how to play this game in the modern tech world.

BBRY is still trying to figure it out under new management and with new software. I also think that only true diehards care about software updates, most people do not care, so long as their phone works as intended. We people on this forums probably do not fall in that category. So in the grand scheme of thing "summer" is ok for most users.

BBRY is between a rock and a hard place, they just do not have the luxury of time to wait and wait and wait to feature compete (or exceed) the competition. IMO they should have waited to announce BBM, the timing was crap. They did it one day before Google I/O, my guess they will release BBM around WWDC, which will be another mistake.

They just "cantgetright"
    "Android and iOS can give firm dates because they have momentum and they know how to play this game in the modern tech world"

Well they need to catch up or get left behind. Once again I am by no means questioning if they are "trying". But at the end of the day it's about results. I actually feel if they had BBM ready they could have stole a little press from Google. Unfortunately all we got is an additional "coming soon" to add to the list. Not a june coming soon either...a summer coming soon
    Tazos likes this.
    05-16-13 03:05 PM
    Apple has just as much of a problem with release dates an anyone else. Their professional software is notorious for this with them just saying an update is coming eventually. They've have even in the past announced iOS updates that come out half a year later.

Of course if they hadn't mentioned some of the stuff at live then the same people would be saying how uneventful the conference was.
    05-16-13 03:10 PM
    Quick in comparison to how other platforms deliver updates. You had specific issues, so an update couldn't come quick enough. I get that. Me, my Z10 has been flawless. Gmail works great, active synch works great, no reboots. Loving it. So to me, 10.1 was quick. I was still in the honeymoon stage with my Z10, then they release 10.1. I'm sure if I had a ton of problems with my phone, and update couldnt' come quick enough. It's all relative. Funny how people get so rude in a thread like this. It's just a conversation about people's perspectives. Chill.
    dude many on c r a p - berry here are ******* r e t a r d s , they are not worth ..
    let them kiss thorsten heins -a s s
    I have said this so many times that I got sad and old ..
    the only thing blackberry are good is to lie and dissapoint costumers..
    05-16-13 03:11 PM
    dude many on c r a p - berry here are ******* r e t a r d s , they are not worth ..
    let them kiss thorsten heins -a s s
    I have said this so many times that I got sad and old ..
    the only thing blackberry are good is to lie and dissapoint costumers..
    damn it ,my message is for OP
    05-16-13 03:12 PM
    I love BlackBerry and I will continue to support them. However, they need to step their game up. What they've done so far is good. But I don't want just "good". I understand this is a marathon not a sprint (and chess, not checkers), but that doesn't mean the marathon can be done walking.

They haven't arrived, yet.

Bottom line:

BlackBerry either has devices/software that does what we want it to do or it doesn't.

Why it's there or not yet is just an excuse, it doesn't matter. It either gives the consumer what it wants when the consumer is ready to spend their money, or it doesn't. Period.
    05-16-13 03:16 PM
    I must say this is one of the best threads I've seen here in awhile. Even though I totally agree with the OP, the different points of view made for great reading and thought.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    05-16-13 03:29 PM
    ...and just to add to my last post. The one thing I am impressed about is that blackberry released 10.1 so quickly. Not only does it fix alot of things, but they added new things like the HDR camera among other things...
    The alternate viewpoint is, I find it troubling that Blackberry had to release 10.1 so quickly. Whetever 10.1 fixed should have been fixed during one of the intial release delays. Don't forget...Thorsten claimed that the delay to early 2013 was so that they could release a product "of the highest quality", and stressed how they needed reliability and stability.

It's not quite the same, but has vague hints of the Playbook fiasco. You'll recall the patch to make it work close to properly came just days after the initial release; what they should have done, was release a complete, tested product. For that matter, it shouldn't have been released until 2.0 came out.
    Tazos likes this.
    05-16-13 03:35 PM
    bb4life whatever you are ....
    You must be kidding me. Get real, get life. Stop whining.

Congrats to all Blackberry Teams for doing such a wonderful job.
    Way to go BB
    XDrew42, maxdaniels and djdragon like this.
    05-16-13 03:46 PM
    I get bothered by the apologists who think they are somehow helping blackberry. The company has declined so much over the years unfortunately. If you truly want the company to survive, we should all be lighting fires under management's collective @$$es rather than giving excuses.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:52 PM
    The alternate viewpoint is, I find it troubling that Blackberry had to release 10.1 so quickly. Whetever 10.1 fixed should have been fixed during one of the intial release delays. Don't forget...Thorsten claimed that the delay to early 2013 was so that they could release a product "of the highest quality", and stressed how they needed reliability and stability.

It's not quite the same, but has vague hints of the Playbook fiasco. You'll recall the patch to make it work close to properly came just days after the initial release; what they should have done, was release a complete, tested product. For that matter, it shouldn't have been released until 2.0 came out.
    My point exactly...

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 03:54 PM
    @ Mankato You wasted your 5th post on this intellectual gem? Let me help you out. If you don't like a thread...you don't actually have to click on it...omg! I know. Nuts right?
    TDSWIM likes this.
    05-16-13 03:57 PM
    First off thanks for your response and I respect your opinion. But I disagree. I am not debating if they "worked hard". I am talking about the end result. BB10 is two years in the making. So lets not act like I am referring a overnight thing. Are you telling me you can explain why they took away custom profiles? Or 30 day email? This 10.1 is fixing things that are basic for older blackberry phones. Also I'm not sure where you live but where I live the Q10 is NOT released. With regarding bbm. Maybe you can explain to me what the benefit is announcing it now and not having it available now or a exact date. Please let me know how in anyway this is a good idea. To have it just as "this summer" is just laughable considering blackberries past. Like I stated these are just my opinions and time will tell. Thanks
    I os took 7 years. They launched when they announced. they have now been out like 7 years. Same os. I am willing to wait for a while for something new from BlackBerry whenever and however they launch. At least they are updating and innovating now.... The announcements are their choice to say when and where. Yeah. I do think they should keep quite until they can launch....It does make a better impact. Imagine Jobs announcing the I phone when they were in year 2 of development. Year five they would all have been seeking new "JOBS" (sorry for the pun) and we would all be carrying BlackBerries and Droids.
    Grumblegrumble likes this.
    05-16-13 03:59 PM
    The op needs to calm down. Android did that last year with I.C.S. and what happen Jelly bean needed to be relaesed right away to fix serious issues. they did that and again they had to do it. Apple released ios 6 there are security holes to this day apple already said they wont bother fixing and we all know about the maps thing. So i guess the OP would rather have these problems. One more thing most android users still have those issues as it is a minorty on jelly bean.
    05-16-13 04:04 PM
    I appreciate your comments about the Z10, but the best device that no one knows about is the HTC One. That is an awesome phone that does everything. BB could only wish they had something like that. I am a long time BB fan, but I wish they didn't fall asleep for 3 years. Z10 and Q10 are nice tries, but don't stand a chance.
    05-16-13 04:29 PM

They just "cantgetright"
    Wow......pigs are flying too....this is the first post I actually agree with you about. Software releases are extremely hard to give. Bbry is in a hard situation. They don't give info, folks complain. They give info but the time line is NOT in the near future, folks complain. Maybe they should do how ios does and give "teaser" info first with no time line then a week heads up date AFTER the software is actually ready. But folks would still complain that bbry should have keep them up to date. No win situation.

Posted via CB10
    Shanerredflag and Bobcat665 like this.
    05-16-13 04:45 PM
    Here's the question, if Hub++ formerly known as email++ could come up with profiles so fast and also updates so fast, how come BB isn't doing it? Why are they leaving it up to app developers? Why should anybody run an app for profiles? Profiles is something I came to expect from back when I had a dumb phone, complete with profiles.
    In bbry defense, the are coding for an OS as a whole, while hub++ pretty much only does led software, so they solely concentrate on that.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 04:48 PM
    I appreciate your comments about the Z10, but the best device that no one knows about is the HTC One. That is an awesome phone that does everything. BB could only wish they had something like that. I am a long time BB fan, but I wish they didn't fall asleep for 3 years. Z10 and Q10 are nice tries, but don't stand a chance.
    You forgot to add "IMO".

Posted via CB10
    Bobcat665 and Grumblegrumble like this.
    05-16-13 04:49 PM
    In bbry defense, the are coding for an OS as a whole, while hub++ pretty much only does led software, so they solely concentrate on that.

Posted via CB10
    That's an excuse.

That just goes to show BBRY either doesn't have the resources to "code for an OS as a whole" or doesn't know how or is just dragging their feet on the issue.

Again, whatever the reason it's irrelevant to the consumer. BB10 wasn't able to deliver it, especially when people wanted it and had money to pay for it.

That is unacceptable considering previous devices offered it.

And don't give me the "it's a new OS" rhetoric. Look, if they can implement SOME of the old features from legacy OS, then they can certainly include ALL of them. For whatever reason they didn't, it's just an excuse. It's either there or not there.

Period.
    05-16-13 05:11 PM
    Wow seriously people in here that wanna send personal attacks towards the OP for simply voicing their opinion need to grow up. It's not that serious. If u don't like the thread and have nothing to contribute, simply keep it moving instead of derailing the thread
    05-16-13 05:39 PM
262 1234 ...