It seems the more and more as the year progresses all we are getting from blackberry is more talk and less execution. Even with this recent news of bbm being open to other platforms. I like other z10 users was very excited to hear this....until I heard the release date..this summer. For some reason blackberry is never on the ball and leaves everyone waiting even if it's for a feature they are excited about. For those that don't know that's anywhere from June 21st-September 21st. WTF.Why wouldn't blackberry have this ready after announcement? Or at least have a exact date of release. They are becoming the leader of how to lose momentum and buzz. Google just announced their new music app and it will be released on Wednesday. Some people like the way Heins and new leadership are doing things. IMO I'm not too sure. It seems like they feel like they can talk their way to the top. We still don't have a release date of the Q10 in the US but that doesn't stop Heins from making a statement like "Q10 will sell tens of millions". Let's get the device out there before we start making random predictions. Even before BB10 got rolling he didn't mind calling "ios outdated". Really? Are we in the position to be taking shots at android or apple right now? And you know what if you are going to take that stand make sure you make the hands down best OS that blows the other two out the water. We are still waiting to get something as simple as custom profiles back. Heins also doesn't have a problem speaking about the future of tablets...but whenever he gets asked about BB10 on playbook it's like watching a bad politician lying about the issues.

I really hope blackberry gets on the ball. I think my z10 is the best device that no one knows about. I just think blackberry needs to understand it's not just WHAT they do...but WHEN and HOW they execute it. Time will only tell and I'm here for the long haul.
    05-16-13 01:10 PM
    What more action do you want? They have worked hard on rolling out:
    New BB 10 OS 10.1
    New BES 10.1
    Q10 has been released
    Q5 announced
    Framework for Mobile Computing is in the works.
    Other devices are currently being developed in the background.

They've talked a lot, but delivered a lot.
    05-16-13 01:25 PM
    What more action do you want? They have worked hard on rolling out:
    New BB 10 OS 10.1
    New BES 10.1
    Q10 has been released
    Q5 announced
    Framework for Mobile Computing is in the works.
    Other devices are currently being developed in the background.

They've talked a lot, but delivered a lot.
    First off thanks for your response and I respect your opinion. But I disagree. I am not debating if they "worked hard". I am talking about the end result. BB10 is two years in the making. So lets not act like I am referring a overnight thing. Are you telling me you can explain why they took away custom profiles? Or 30 day email? This 10.1 is fixing things that are basic for older blackberry phones. Also I'm not sure where you live but where I live the Q10 is NOT released. With regarding bbm. Maybe you can explain to me what the benefit is announcing it now and not having it available now or a exact date. Please let me know how in anyway this is a good idea. To have it just as "this summer" is just laughable considering blackberries past. Like I stated these are just my opinions and time will tell. Thanks
    05-16-13 01:37 PM
    I agree OP....no one can say they aren't working hard....but good Lord they are terrible with giving dates. Not only is bbm on other platforms not launching until something in the summer....but it won't be feature complete for those users....giving them less of a reason to adopt.

No PlayBook info, not much at all about mobile computing, no M2M talk...luckily they actually got a beta of BBM channels out there. I know they are working hard....but it just seems like this BB Live was more and more of "coming soon" from BB
    05-16-13 01:45 PM
    With all due respect but... have you any experience coding OS's, building or engineering hardware, UL testing, etc etc etc...takes time. As for the announcement it's a Developer Conference, perhaps there thinking is to announce so the Dev's can integrate some of their stuff into the product before they launch...novel idea for sure but just maybe it's a reason?

I haven't got a clue how much larger Apple or Google or Samsung is compared to BlackBerry but they started talking about "upgrading" their OS two years ago, so far nothing launched...are they laughable too?

I can understand that people want it all NOW, but in reality everything takes time...it will come, just a bit of patients is required.
    05-16-13 01:51 PM
    With all due respect but... have you any experience coding OS's, building or engineering hardware, UL testing, etc etc etc...takes time. As for the announcement it's a Developer Conference, perhaps there thinking is to announce so the Dev's can integrate some of their stuff into the product before they launch...novel idea for sure but just maybe it's a reason?

I haven't got a clue how much larger Apple or Google or Samsung is compared to BlackBerry but they started talking about "upgrading" their OS two years ago, so far nothing launched...are they laughable too?

I can understand that people want it all NOW, but in reality everything takes time...it will come, just a bit of patients is required.
    " With all due respect but... have you any experience coding OS's, building or engineering hardware, UL testing, etc etc etc" NO...just as much as I know how to build a car....build a plane....or build a computer. This is irrelevant. End consumer doesn't care! This is why as consumers we pay the amount we pay for products. If I buy a new car and the Air condition doesn't work like the standard of other cars..do I let the car dealership tell me "have you ever created a A/C unit..its hard"...of course not. And I still understand somewhat where your coming from. But as you see my problem is their short comings with the combination of how much talk heins is doing.

Ps. Look at Android market share and Apples profit margin...that's why they are not laughable.
    05-16-13 02:00 PM
    So your thinking is you'd rather have it now...untested or debugged? By your analogy the car dealer would say...that's last year's model whose air conditioner sucks, but look over here...this new model makes ice cubes on the dash.
    I'd rather wait and get the good air conditioner.

Posted via CB10
    schmeat likes this.
    05-16-13 02:06 PM

Ya patience...that will work in the hyper competitive smartphone category. If you dont lead you become BlackBerry.
    Keep waiting.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:06 PM
    that's a perfect analogy.
    05-16-13 02:12 PM
    Dumbest post ever.
    05-16-13 02:13 PM
    First off thanks for your response and I respect your opinion. But I disagree. I am not debating if they "worked hard". I am talking about the end result. BB10 is two years in the making. So lets not act like I am referring a overnight thing. Are you telling me you can explain why they took away custom profiles? Or 30 day email? This 10.1 is fixing things that are basic for older blackberry phones. Also I'm not sure where you live but where I live the Q10 is NOT released. With regarding bbm. Maybe you can explain to me what the benefit is announcing it now and not having it available now or a exact date. Please let me know how in anyway this is a good idea. To have it just as "this summer" is just laughable considering blackberries past. Like I stated these are just my opinions and time will tell. Thanks
    You have to really get out of the mentality of things being taken away. BB10 is a new operating system so the correct way to refer to it, is that it hasn't been added yet.

As for why the phone is not released in your country yet? Probably cuz the carriers in your country sucks and are playing the "wait and see" approach. I live in Canada, we have had the Z10 for 3 months now and we've had the Q10 for 2 weeks now, likewise with the UK. If you want the phone first, maybe complain to your carriers or move to Canada or the UK.
    05-16-13 02:15 PM
    So your thinking is you'd rather have it now...untested or debugged? By your analogy the car dealer would say...that's last year's model whose air conditioner sucks, but look over here...this new model makes ice cubes on the dash.
    I'd rather wait and get the good air conditioner.

Posted via CB10
    The problem is we are not getting the good air conditioner. BB10 was delayed! Then we get comments like yours trying to justify how long we wait like somehow that means better/perfect. It's the same ol story from the fanboys. December we said where is bb10. You get be patient. You want it to be good right? Now it is may 5/16/13 and I can't even make a custom profile. But none of this stops Heins in the media talking like for some reason we are gonna sell out because of statements like "sell like hell" smh. The execution has to be as good as the talk. That's my point
    05-16-13 02:15 PM
    You have to really get out of the mentality of things being taken away. BB10 is a new operating system so they correct way to refer to it, is that it hasn't been added yet.
    hahaha smh ok. So does that sound better that my brand new phone doesn't allow me to make custom profiles...Only on these forums people can try to spin losing functionality. But ok if that floats your boat. But I'm guessing if the new iphone came without itunes or galaxy s4 without google maps it would be viewed as a step backwards.
    cwalt2166, rottonj and aniym like this.
    05-16-13 02:19 PM
    Dumbest post ever.
    Thanks for adding value to the thread. Your intelligence is second to none.
    cwalt2166, Saiga, Donvald and 4 others like this.
    05-16-13 02:20 PM
    Have you side loaded 10.1?

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:20 PM
    Also, I downloaded Hub+ the first day...not ideal but it's a great app that does a good job...couple updates since too...pretty impressed actually.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:23 PM
    I respect your opinion, but I'd have to somewhat disagree. I'm not saying this to you, but more in general, so please do not take offence. iOS and Android tend to make announcements and inform that the product or service will be available tomorrow or 'friday' or something. Not 'in the summer'. Blackberry could do the same. They could wait until the summer and make the same type of announcements. The problem I see with that is, alot of people would complain that blackberry isn't doing anything or coming out with fixes or updates or new products. Everyone would get annoyed that nothing is happening. So it seems to me, their strategy is to inform well in advance of everything they are doing, without committing to a date. Basically they are trying to be as transparent as possible. My personal opinion is this. I like knowing in advance, but then I grow frustrated on how long it is before I get it. It's like a kid at Christmas. They peak at their gift in November, and they are all excited, but then grow frustrated when it takes forever to get here. I guess for blackberry users, not hearing any news would be like "Are we getting anything for Christmas at all?". So I can see the mentality behind it, but I'm not sure it's the right thing. I think either way, people are not going to be happy. Either people will think that blackberry is up to nothing until the summer, then 'bam!', they announce something, or, they tell people "we have all this coming next summer or by the end of the year". At least we know things are coming....we just don't know when.
    05-16-13 02:32 PM
    Also, I downloaded Hub+ the first day...not ideal but it's a great app that does a good job...couple updates since too...pretty impressed actually.

Posted via CB10
    Here's the question, if Hub++ formerly known as email++ could come up with profiles so fast and also updates so fast, how come BB isn't doing it? Why are they leaving it up to app developers? Why should anybody run an app for profiles? Profiles is something I came to expect from back when I had a dumb phone, complete with profiles.
    Saiga, kevinnugent and kbz1960 like this.
    05-16-13 02:36 PM
    ...and just to add to my last post. The one thing I am impressed about is that blackberry released 10.1 so quickly. Not only does it fix alot of things, but they added new things like the HDR camera among other things. So they are not adding features that use to exist, they are adding brand new things. If this was the iOS world, you'd have to buy the Blackberry 10S (reference to iphone 4 to the iphone 4S). TH has commented that he would not follow that process of forcing users to buy an entirely new phone in order to get new features. They built a good physical phone and now they will keep updating the OS, and you get to keep your phone! So I think Blackberry has been putting out alot. I believe this is a great strategy.
    05-16-13 02:39 PM
    I respect your opinion, but I'd have to somewhat disagree. I'm not saying this to you, but more in general, so please do not take offence. iOS and Android tend to make announcements and inform that the product or service will be available tomorrow or 'friday' or something. Not 'in the summer'. Blackberry could do the same. They could wait until the summer and make the same type of announcements. The problem I see with that is, alot of people would complain that blackberry isn't doing anything or coming out with fixes or updates or new products. Everyone would get annoyed that nothing is happening. So it seems to me, their strategy is to inform well in advance of everything they are doing, without committing to a date. Basically they are trying to be as transparent as possible. My personal opinion is this. I like knowing in advance, but then I grow frustrated on how long it is before I get it. It's like a kid at Christmas. They peak at their gift in November, and they are all excited, but then grow frustrated when it takes forever to get here. I guess for blackberry users, not hearing any news would be like "Are we getting anything for Christmas at all?". So I can see the mentality behind it, but I'm not sure it's the right thing. I think either way, people are not going to be happy. Either people will think that blackberry is up to nothing until the summer, then 'bam!', they announce something, or, they tell people "we have all this coming next summer or by the end of the year". At least we know things are coming....we just don't know when.
    First off thanks for your opinion and response. I guess we just have two different view points of it. I think the main reason is to blackberries past with the whole playbook delays and issues (which are still going on ). Blackberry has to know as a company that their reputation as to getting things out in a timely and effective manner has taken a hit the last few years. So I personally think it is absolutely mandatory to give exact dates. It doesn't benefit Heins to say playbook will get update by "end of year". Then as I stated in my opening post my problem is that he has to be talking about future of tablets in interviews. Blackberry is the LAST place anybody wants to hear about tablet information. It just seems like blackberry management is living in this imaginary bubble where they can talk a big game and not produce. BBM should have been ready or not announced. What benefit for now with no availability? So you showed your hand to the competition for nothing. And now once it does come out hopefully it runs smooth. Because they are not only on a US stage but internationally also. If they fail here that might be nail in coffin. Time will only tell. But one thing for sure...talking has never won a technology battle
    Rello and Grumblegrumble like this.
    05-16-13 02:42 PM
    Here's the question, if Hub++ formerly known as email++ could come up with profiles so fast and also updates so fast, how come BB isn't doing it? Why are they leaving it up to app developers? Why should anybody run an app for profiles? Profiles is something I came to expect from back when I had a dumb phone, complete with profiles.
    Completely agree, if a developer can do this surely blackberry could do this within the os very easily.
    05-16-13 02:45 PM
    ...and just to add to my last post. The one thing I am impressed about is that blackberry released 10.1 so quickly. Not only does it fix alot of things, but they added new things like the HDR camera among other things. So they are not adding features that use to exist, they are adding brand new things. If this was the iOS world, you'd have to buy the Blackberry 10S (reference to iphone 4 to the iphone 4S). TH has commented that he would not follow that process of forcing users to buy an entirely new phone in order to get new features. They built a good physical phone and now they will keep updating the OS, and you get to keep your phone! So I think Blackberry has been putting out alot. I believe this is a great strategy.
    Are you crazy? OS10.1 was not quick in any way. Last update left me without a working email, the fix update came over two months later in the form of OS10.1, to you that's quick?
    05-16-13 02:45 PM
    How come so many of these threads sound like a bad game of "are we there yet?", FFS just let it go.
    So much whining and self entitlement righteousness.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-13 02:46 PM
    I don't technically disagree with you, I guess I'm just not as bothered by it I guess. I totally agree that I'd much rather have a firm date. I guess my question would be, would you be ok if they said that BBM for other platforms will be available August 1st? Or would the fact that it is sitll far out be a concern. I think the way Apple has always done things, works the best. They tease that something is coming, then they announce it, and its available shortly after. But they have the luxary to be able to do that, because of their huge following. Blackberry on the other hand....I think they are trying to figure out what the best strategy is, and they have to just go with it. Is it the right way? I think this discussion is probably proving it is not, but like I mentioned, I like hearing that things are coming....I just wish (as you say) they would commit to dates better. I appreciate this type of conversation that allows people to voice their opinions without people thinking the other is an ***** for having a different opinion. I definitely respect that and I hope more threads are like this. Thanks.
    05-16-13 02:49 PM

The OP is completely right. It's not about work ethic it's about communication to its customers of when ie the new model will be available on this date. The new 10.1 release will be released on this date. They can never give a day of launch for anything.

And the others aren't laughable, there not bleeding users at an alarming rate like blackberry have been so there not in as much a rush to update the os, as outdated as it maybe it works, how do I know the because the numbers simply don't lie.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    05-16-13 02:51 PM
262 123 ...