So I keep my Curve in my pocket. Sometimes I'd hear voices. *Twilight Zone theme*

When I was moving or bending, the phone would dial one of the same numbers from my address book, namely one beginning with "Q" or "W". I tried locking the keyboard, but didn't like having to unlock it if I had to make a call.

I finally settled on pushing the standby button, which seems to work well for me. But I wondered if anyone else has had this happen to them (phone dialing people you did NOT want to talk to! ) and what your favorite solution might be.
    05-29-08 05:28 AM
    I don't put mine in my pocket, so never had this happen. The standby method is the best solution I can think of.
    05-29-08 06:10 AM
    You can setup the keyboard to lock when a specific timeperiod passes. You can also set it to disable calls while locked so that your ghost calls stop.

They really did think of almost everything for these things.

Dm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-08 07:38 AM
    i never put mine in my pants pocket
    i set it to lock upon holstering though, if i dont want it to lock because i will be using it (like at work) then i put it in my shirt or lab coat pocket
    05-29-08 08:20 AM
    The other day we were driving and suddenly a voice came out of my TomTom gps to the effect "you are sounding fuzzy, who is this, no I can't hear you ......" I did not know what was happening.

My BB was Bluetoothed to my TomTom so it dialed the first entry in my phone book 3 times. I guess it was not properly in standby mode.
    05-29-08 09:06 AM
    I've always kept mine in my pocket, and always used the "mute" button to put it in standby, never had any problems...
    05-29-08 09:15 AM
    your best bet is honestly to lock it... even if it is a pain in the bootay to unlock it every time you wanna make a call...
    05-29-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD