Does anyone know where to get that little o ring that holds in your head set piece? Mine fell out and cant use my head set anymore. Alltel wants $95 to fix it
    09-18-08 10:27 AM
    o-ring for the "head set piece"? huh?

these technical terms are killin me here.
    09-18-08 10:31 AM
    is there another name for it?
    09-18-08 10:37 AM
    is there another name for it?
    i have no freaking clue what piece you're talking about. wth is a "head set piece"?
    09-18-08 10:44 AM
    a head set is a piece that has tiny speakers you can put in your ears to listen to music or whatever on
    09-18-08 10:47 AM
    a head set is a piece that has tiny speakers you can put in your ears to listen to music or whatever on
    ok, now we're getting somewhere as this is the device forum and not so much the accessories forum.

is this the headset that came with your phone?

and if so, buy a new headset. they're under $20.
    09-18-08 10:49 AM
    oh sorry, i could have sworn i posted in the general discussion.
    Yes. all phones or electronic devicees have a tiny o ring that will hold the plug in from the head set piece.
    09-18-08 10:51 AM
    oh sorry, i could have sworn i posted in the general discussion.
    Yes. all phones or electronic devicees have a tiny o ring that will hold the plug in from the head set piece.
    are you talking about the headset jack? is the headset jack on your phone broken?

cuz so far you've described the headset or the phone, and you're not very clear which.
    09-18-08 10:53 AM
    No, the jack isnt broken - i was asking about the o ring on the phone that holds the jack in
    09-18-08 10:54 AM
    No, the jack isnt broken - i was asking about the o ring on the phone that holds the jack in
    EXCELLENT! now you're getting somewhere.

and no, that part is not designed to separate from the jack. the replacement + repair will rival the price you were quoted from just about anywhere as a new jack has to be soldered onto the phone.
    09-18-08 10:57 AM
    hmmmmmmmmmm, that sucks
    09-18-08 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD