Greetings all.

So my 3rd Gen iPod just died yesterday. I was a little sad, and immediately started looking into replacing it and realized that the top of the line iPod the Touch now does everything my BB Pearl 8100 will do less make calls. I don't want to carry two devices and it all of a sudden came to me... "DURRRRR your BB will act as an MP3 player just as well as any iPod will!"

So, with that realized I began to look for ways to do this. I am a bluetooth headset user, and from pretty much 8:30 - 6 everyday in at work and always while I'm driving I can be found sporting my Motorola H700 Bluetooth Ear Piece.

So, my questions are these:

1) If I have headphone adapter plugged into my BB Pearl 8100 in the car for instance (primary use for my iPod) will my Bluetooth ear piece still work for answering calls? or will my poor BB be confused?

2) Is anyone using their BB on a regular basis for music? How do the batteries holdup in that situation? Does it chew through the battery life on the Pearls?

3) What are the options for media players on the BBs other than the stock version? Is there a 3rd Party app for playing music, with playlist ability etc?

Thanks all.
    02-20-08 03:15 PM
    Yes your bluetooth will still work with the adapter plugged into your car radio. I've had good battery life playing music but I haven't really gone more than a couple of hours. You can also go with a bluetooth headset/phone. I have the Motorola S9 and it works well although some have had problems with it a I think it's a configuration problem.
    02-20-08 06:29 PM
    Yes your bluetooth will still work with the adapter plugged into your car radio. I've had good battery life playing music but I haven't really gone more than a couple of hours. You can also go with a bluetooth headset/phone. I have the Motorola S9 and it works well although some have had problems with it a I think it's a configuration problem.
    Thank for the reply.

I went ahead and ordered the adapter
    02-20-08 10:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD