I agree
    08-07-14 11:55 AM
    One of the problems I face is I used to closing apps after I'm done with them, force of habit. When I close the music app, I have to reopen it a play the song which is inconvenient and annoying

Posted via CB10
    What if u wanted to play starting from a different playlist lol? I guess mayb once the feature comes I'll see more of a use for it. Hope it comes for ya'll though

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 12:18 AM
    My input here, I have a headphones, and since I've been on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.700, my music app can be closed, but soon as I press the play button on the headphone cable, the music app opens up and starts playing. I believe that is somewhat headless.

Posted via CB10
    It does this on 10.2 on my Z30

But ya I like how the music player is always on the iPhone, it's a matter of pressing the music app and remembers where I left off and doesn't require another active frame

It would be cool.as someone said maybe have it in the bottom row or maybe even as a notification in the hub and just press it and goes back. Or runs in the background and you open the app and see the progress, close it and it continues to play

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 01:04 AM
    Wow some of you really hate battery life.

If the music app went headless that would be utterly pointless and detrimental to the os.

As people have pointed out its not headless that you want, it's a better app design with maybe memory dedicated to remember where it was when closed.

How are you guys even using more then 7 active frames. I only ever had 2 open at most. Lol

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-08-14 01:22 AM
    I heard that we can "Pinch" an active frame in 10.3? No?

Another point is...when you listen to music on windows PC, do you close it and still have it play? I guess no.
    08-08-14 02:00 AM
    I heard that we can "Pinch" an active frame in 10.3? No?

Another point is...when you listen to music on windows PC, do you close it and still have it play? I guess no.
    I think only for the passport but I hope it's for all devices

Posted via CB10
    08-08-14 07:30 AM
    I want a call blocker/filter app.
    08-08-14 08:04 AM
    I think your title is a little misleading. It implies that BlackBerry might get headless apps once 10.3 arrives. BlackBerry already has many headless apps. Perhaps a better title might be; "More headless apps coming with 10.3?

I like headless apps but I believe they should be used carefully so as to not drain too much battery life.
    08-08-14 09:45 AM
    Guys. I have the solution for you all:

So you open the Music App (Which I will refer to as Airtunes from now on) in 10.3. Select your playlist and start playing. You minimize Airtunes and then it "closes", like the Voice Assistant does.

However, on your Home screen, you notice about 1/5th of your screen from the top has your basic music controls and an (x) on the side that asks for a confirmation to close (Yes, the confirmation is possible with the Cascades API).. Also, long press on the Play/Pause button could open Airtunes back up.

If Airtunes is not currently playing anything when you minimize, it can ask you if you want to close, or minimize it.

This way, everybody is happy since not everybody uses the side keys as media controls.
    Last edited by Nharzhool; 08-08-14 at 11:02 PM. Reason: Typo
    tinochiko likes this.
    08-08-14 10:03 AM
34 12