As the subject says, I'm going to UAE and Saudi Arabia in the last week of January. I'm travelling from Canada and wonder if anyone here has direct experience with purchasing a pre-paid SIM before they travel? I know I can get one down there for my unlocked Q10 and Z30, but I want to give my wife and kids my phone number before I go. I wouldn't mind have some data included, too. Probably 1 GB will be enough since I'll only be there for 4 days.

Btw, I'm travelling to Australia in the same trip, and have already bought a pre-paid SIM with 4GB of data and unlimited calling.
    12-14-14 01:55 PM
    As the subject says, I'm going to UAE and Saudi Arabia in the last week of January. I'm travelling from Canada and wonder if anyone here has direct experience with purchasing a pre-paid SIM before they travel? I know I can get one down there for my unlocked Q10 and Z30, but I want to give my wife and kids my phone number before I go. I wouldn't mind have some data included, too. Probably 1 GB will be enough since I'll only be there for 4 days.

Btw, I'm travelling to Australia in the same trip, and have already bought a pre-paid SIM with 4GB of data and unlimited calling.
    What carrier?
    Hope it's not Vodafone or Optus, if you're planning to go bush. If you're staying within the metro monsters, you'll be fine... :-)

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    webmeister likes this.
    12-14-14 04:28 PM
    What carrier?
    Hope it's not Vodafone or Optus, if you're planning to go bush. If you're staying within the metro monsters, you'll be fine... :-)

•   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   •
    Amaysim --> amaysim SIM card - Simple mobile plans, low rates. It's your call.

I'll be in Sydney...maybe also the Gold Coast, but that's it.
    12-15-14 09:07 PM
    I don't know if you can get a pre-paid sim here, I always get an Etisalat sim there. Not that expensive and the number is activated within an hour
    Watch your data in the middle east, I don't know why, whenever I'm there my data usage is at least 5x higher for the same things than it is here
    Sounds good. I'll pick up a SIM down there. Thanks.
    12-15-14 09:07 PM

For saudi you can use a carrier called mobily they have some prepaid bundle called prime 40, 70 & 100 this comes with free minutes & sms within mobily network and 2 GB data it would be valid for one week since recharging, I guess that can do well with you

CB10 on Z30
    webmeister likes this.
    12-16-14 01:57 AM
    Amaysim --> amaysim SIM card - Simple mobile plans, low rates. It's your call.

I'll be in Sydney...maybe also the Gold Coast, but that's it.
    You'll be fine. Amaysim is running on Optus.

If coverage drama, go boost.com.au ,
    best prepaid unlimited plan +2GB,
    it runs on full Telstra 3G+...

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    webmeister likes this.
    12-16-14 02:56 PM
    Thanks all.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:17 PM

Du will let you buy a tourist sim in the UAE. Not sure about the plans. Will be cheaper than using a roaming sim, even one from saudi.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-14 03:51 PM