Hi guys.

I decided to buy a blackberry with a new phone number but at the same time I am keeping my old sony-ericsson phone with the old phone number.
    New number on Blackberry will be used as my secret number given to a selected group of people and my old phone number will be the public (family) number.

Who else maintains a second phone number?

Thank you.
    03-12-10 12:18 AM
    Hi guys.

I decided to buy a blackberry with a new phone number but at the same time I am keeping my old sony-ericsson phone with the old phone number.
    New number on Blackberry will be used as my secret number given to a selected group of people and my old phone number will be the public (family) number.

Who else maintains a second phone number?

Thank you.
    You would have done better with google voice.

imho.
    03-12-10 12:34 AM
    I actually have 5 phone numbers. They all forward to one phone tho.
    Work office phone, work cell phone, Google voice number, toktumi 800#, and my personal number. A bit much, huh LoL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 12:39 AM
    i used to have prepaid SIM cards laying around that i used to use as backups. years ago when i wasnt ballin, i needed to use them in case i went over my minutes. but nowadays, having "secret" lines and phones is just kinda played out. consolidation is in.
    03-12-10 01:09 AM
    Google Voice FTW!!! I simply see it no other way honestly
    03-12-10 01:47 AM
    Google Voice FTW!!! I simply see it no other way honestly
    +1

10 char

03-12-10 01:57 AM
    I have a 9550 on VZW that I use for phone calls and internet only and a 9700 with TMO that I use for bbm email twitter and facebook

03-12-10 02:09 AM
    The second line was very important for people many years ago because phones couldn't a)assign a ringtone to specific callers/callergroups
    b) phones couldn't be put on silent but still ring loud when a 'special' or emergency number rings.
    03-12-10 02:17 AM
    Yes but if your first phone number is from a different provider and you want to keep it along with a blackberry that comes from another provider then you need to keep it along with your old phone.
    03-12-10 04:04 AM
    I agree with the google voice option. My google voice # is used as my business line, was a great way to get rid of that bulky ancient Nextel my job assigned me. It works great, and the fact that I can now keep texting convos going with clients makes the communication even less annoying :-)

03-12-10 05:48 AM
    I've had two personal lines for a very long time.
    I always had either a Nokia or a Motorola. One day I went to the mobile store and saw the Audiovox Pocket PC. Fell in love and got a second line. Then I had the Siemens SX66. I briefly had an iPhone on it. I still have that line, and right now my sister is using it with my 8310. I sometimes take it on difficult travels.

03-12-10 07:00 AM
    I actually have 5 phone numbers. They all forward to one phone tho.
    Work office phone, work cell phone, Google voice number, toktumi 800#, and my personal number. A bit much, huh LoL

How did you get Toktumi on your phone? I went to the web site and sighned up and have a number but I dont have a short-cut on my phone.
    03-12-10 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD