Obama has a blackberry!
    07-17-09 01:42 PM
    Within the last 3 months, 6 people have purchased BBs where I work. Several of them have no business whatsoever with a smartphone and yet, they have shelled out. Now, up front costs are not a big deal but they end up paying a monthly data plan even though a few of them have no clue how to use anything but the basic features of a BB.
    07-17-09 02:20 PM
    Within the last 3 months, 6 people have purchased BBs where I work. Several of them have no business whatsoever with a smartphone and yet, they have shelled out. Now, up front costs are not a big deal but they end up paying a monthly data plan even though a few of them have no clue how to use anything but the basic features of a BB.
    I own a restaurant and a few of my employees have done the exact same thing. Lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:27 PM
    Almost all of my friends at school have Blackberries, and what amazes me is none of them have data plans. They just use their phone for texting! Why pay the premium for features that you don't need nor use? If I wasn't using the internet on my phone as often as I was there would be no need for me to have a blackberry. I would gladly buy an enV or the like. When did having a Blackberry be cool? I thought Sidekicks were supposed to be the it phone, not a business centric device such as a Blackerrry.
    07-17-09 02:34 PM
    Blackberry devices are a status symbol for wealth and technology. I remember when I was a kid, a blackberry owner was like a God because I knew I could never afford one. Amazing how things change so quickly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-09 02:42 PM
    Now a BB without a data plan, that starts to get a bit pointless.

Thankfully I only pay �4.50 a month for mine so it does not matter how little I use it.

However I Love Blackberry has proven I use mine a lot lol

Not sure they are a symbol of wealth, there are far more expensive devices on the market.
    07-17-09 02:49 PM
    I've had blackberries for awhile to. Its now very very trendy to have one. "Hit me on my cell has been replaced by hit me on the Berry".

The non-BB addicts really just get it for trend and the full qwerty. Most ppl that have dumbphones really dont care about new technology.
    07-17-09 02:56 PM
    Yeah my dad is a real estate appraiser and i keep trying to tell him
    he needs this thing so he can stop driving around neighboorhoods trying to pick up wifi lol
    Some people have the need and arent so interested in the 29.99 plan.
    07-17-09 02:59 PM
    U2 backs blackberry. I need bono like influence.

With the curve at such a low price and in my different colors the popularity of blackberries are only going to rise. I don't mind, you don't see CEOs saying "Well now that everyone has one lets get Android phones."
    07-17-09 03:46 PM
    Oops wrong thread lol.
    07-17-09 03:50 PM
    Get over yourselves. It's just a phone.
    QFT

I just understand why someone would care what type of phone the next person has
    07-17-09 04:25 PM
    They seem much more consumer friendly and "cool" than in days past. I distinctly remember thinking "oh cool, a Blackberry that looks like a normal phone" when the Pearl came out.

And with all the new things they can do and how relatively cheap most of them are now, anybody with even a couple extra bucks in their pocket can easily afford to have one.
    07-17-09 04:26 PM
    I remember seeing a billboard advertising the 6230 in 2003. I thought it was horribly ugly and unintuitive as I am really not a fan of jog dials. Lo and behold, I bought a blackberry just a few years later. I think the key to the Blackberry's success is the fact that RIM stopped selling a niche product and realized that the more people you could sell to, the more money you will make. Teens having them is a testament to that.
    07-17-09 04:33 PM
    Anyone remember a couple years back when Sidekicks were the "big new thing"? I remember Paris Hilton was always seen with hers, and there was an episode of The "O.C" that featured it as well. Now its seen as a childish teeny-bopper phone. Everyone wants blackberrys because its considered a more "grown up" or sophisticated device. Blackberrys used to be kind of a status symbol, but ever since the Pearl came out, its kind of opened up to a wider audience. I love my berry, and if other people get one and love it, good for them!
    07-17-09 04:41 PM
    exactly. they're fairly cheap and do email, messaging and internet better than dumbphones. Why would anyone care who uses one and to what extent they use it? Some people just need the basics...phone, pim, email, internet.

Get over yourselves. It's just a phone.
    07-17-09 09:26 PM
    What makes me mad is that people have the blackberry and dont even know the full potential of it some people dont even know about the blackberry messanger this is a crime in my book.
    07-17-09 09:38 PM
    The fact that makes you mad is just sad. People have different needs. I can show people their phones can do the coolest things. If it's not important to them, it's not important.
    What makes me mad is that people have the blackberry and dont even know the full potential of it some people dont even know about the blackberry messanger this is a crime in my book.
    What's more sad is RIM spends so much time developing BBM but can't even create threaded sms.
    07-17-09 09:49 PM
    when i was in school no one had blackberrys or iphones, and i only graduated last year
    07-17-09 09:52 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD