All these user-generated BB10 concepts are horrible and I'd probably switch platforms if RIM released any of them. I want something similar to the Bold line-up for a physical keyboard BB10. Something bold, business and stylish, not something like the Porsche designed Blackberry because its ugly and not practical looking.
    06-23-12 09:42 PM
    Those aren't Rimm's ideas...I don't think I've ever seen/saw an ugly Rimm device ( except the Porsche design, and I'm not sure if that was designed by Rimm)...I think the first bb10 device will be cool looking...

Sent from my New iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MartyMcfly; 06-23-12 at 09:52 PM.
    06-23-12 09:48 PM
    I'm not sure how well a Bold-style BB10 handset would work. From what I've seen the development tools work with two resolutions/aspect ratios. Cramming 768x1280 into a 4.2 in screen already makes for the highest dpi on the market. I haven't run the numbers for 600x1024, but I think its safe to say that the keyboard-equipped BB10 handsets will be sliders.
    06-23-12 09:55 PM
    Man that white one on the cb cover is sexy! I'd be all over that!

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    shaleem likes this.
    06-23-12 11:03 PM
    I strongly agree expect the blade but it needs to be more rectangle, shorter and not curved

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using CrackBerry forums application
    06-24-12 03:28 AM
    In my opinion, there are no phones (BB, Apple, Android, Windows) that look really good. I mean there are some awesome smart phones on the market but none that I think that are visually, and aesthetically amazing. NONE. The only one that I think that looks good is the new Nokia Lumia and it still looks basic, but not ugly.

All that matters to me is that my phone does what I need it to do and a little bit more is always nice. BlackBerry phones are not really good looking to me but I love what they do for me, and what they help me to do. Now when BB10 is released and if it amplifies my user experience and continues to do what I did before and even more, that's all that would matter to me.

Everyone's different but these are just my views.
    06-24-12 05:58 AM
    Well, I would scoop up the blade the instant it came out. As well as the white one.
    That white one is GORGEOUS.
    shaleem and Old Davy like this.
    06-24-12 06:28 AM
    I did say that if the BB10 had PRINTING built in then that would not be an entirely bad idea.
    06-24-12 06:33 AM
    If you are a Blackberry fan and if you're a fan of the Bold series of BBs, how can you NOT like this???

Although the designer said he was partly inspired by the Porsche design BB, he also said he was inspired by the 9900. I would buy this device in a heart beat, in black. It's the device we've NEEDED for year. BB 9000/9900 keyboard with a taller screen for even more text.
    06-24-12 06:39 AM
    If you are a Blackberry fan and if you're a fan of the Bold series of BBs, how can you NOT like this???

Click to view quoted image

Although the designer said he was partly inspired by the Porsche design BB, he also said he was inspired by the 9900. I would buy this device in a heart beat, in black. It's the device we've NEEDED for year. BB 9000/9900 keyboard with a taller screen for even more text.
    It is a lovely looking phone. I said this in the blog entry and I'll say it here.

The ONLY thing I do not absolutely love about this phone is the angular corners. I think that these will wear very badly (being sharp angles) in people's pockets and purses.

If this were white ceramic (oh yes) or if the phone were silver (stainless steel edges) then the looks of this great piece of design would last longer.

I still want it to print my emails direct to my LAN printer. This was about the only thing I liked about the iPhone.
    06-24-12 06:51 AM
    I guess everyone is entitled to an opinion, I personally have seen quite a few that I like and the last white Bold/BB10 combination concept was very attractive. The "MonaLisa" is UGLY in my opinion......so I guess my opinion of pretty is all screwed up, I also like the P'9981
    06-24-12 07:01 AM
    Beautiful. How can you not bliddy like any of these? Number 1
    06-24-12 07:41 AM
    Count me in for the Blade.
    4" / 4.5" screen and a 9900 size slider.....This device would take over the world!!!!!
    Old Davy likes this.
    06-24-12 08:06 AM
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I haven't been swooned by any of them either.
    06-24-12 08:11 AM
    Ha ha....seriously, what can a phone or device look like????
    Maxwell Smart already did the shoe phone thing, ya can't do that again.
    James Bond introduced the wrist watch phone and it swept the world in action/covert television. Pretty much set the standard for that sort of stuff.
    OP...give us an example. I'd love to get a new visual in my dome.
    Oh wait....I got it....... Laser Cat!
    06-24-12 08:25 AM

I want it now!!! LOL!
    06-24-12 10:51 AM

Easy for me to NO like that

NO trackpad, which is a stable for detailed navigation in excel, and editing large documents,
    The bottom corners are not rounded enough hours of holding that phone and typing would not be comfortable.
    that is beyond the fact of the over all design needing revisions like the camera placement being completely non feasible
    06-24-12 10:56 AM
    Curious OP. What would you like it to be? No generalities here. pretend that you're giving a verbal illustration.

Maybe someone will pick up on your ideas and craft the image for you.
    06-24-12 01:57 PM
    If they make the new one anything like the 9900 I will be a fan. The concepts I have seen don't look to bad to me. I can't see them straying too far from the current 9900 in terms of the general form factor.
    06-24-12 02:17 PM
    Heck if they made a 9900 sized and styled phone I'd be all over it.

Love the dimensions of this phone and with qnx that would be nuts.

It would be like a sleeper phone. When people saw a 9900 and saw it had vid chat and other stuff they'd be blown away because it looked like an older normal blackberry.
    06-24-12 08:04 PM
    I like what I have seen so far and I already like the way blackberry devices work. One simple thing is the ability to change font size on the device. Android you need to root the device to get larger fonts. Something this simple should be a standard on any phone. Notifications are awesome on a blackberry device and no other platform can match this. As long a Rim keeps the basics and improves on other areas than BB10 will be a winner..

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    06-24-12 08:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD