...Blackberry's are wonderful for many reasons. But first and foremost... Remember? It's the keyboard!!! Is there mobile device that even comes close to typing on a Blackberry? NOT!!! I stick with BB cuz I can peck out line after line with ease... Tried 'em all... Droid, iToy, HTseeya, none of 'em fit the fingers like a real Blackberry. ... I can't wait to peck out line after line of text on my beloved Tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 10:50 PM
    If this was facebook, I'd push the like button.
    05-17-10 10:58 PM
    Agreed. I did the Samsung Instinct thing, so I can really appreciate my Curve's keyboard.

05-17-10 11:11 PM
    If this was Facebook I'd delete my account.

And i agree, they put a lot of work into making the keyboard fit the natural motion of your thumbs and there's nothing to get in the way like that silly Palm Pre.

And I mean that, the keyboard killed it for me.
    05-17-10 11:17 PM
    If this was Facebook I'd delete my account.
    Been there, done that, lol. But they don't make it easy. It's hard to find how to do it, and then when you finally make it "inactive" (or whatever they call it), you have to be careful not to accidentally log in for like 15 days ... or it becomes active again! After 15 days, it's my understanding the account is in fact deleted.

05-17-10 11:23 PM
    I like me a real keyboard as well!
    +1
    05-17-10 11:30 PM
    I've got a Curve 8900 and I love the keyboard (although its a bit loud when I tap the keys!) I am switching to a 9700 (finally) in about three weeks, what's the keyboard like on it?

05-18-10 03:54 AM
    The keyboard on BlackBerry devices are really nice. Its not so much the feel or ease of the keyboard that is so great for me! Its more of the functionality. I love the keyboard shortcuts. Not to play devils advocate, but the TP2 has a great keyboard and the Nokia E71 has a good keyboard as well. But overall with feel, ease, and functionality considered, I think my Tour keyboard is great.

05-18-10 04:21 AM
    +1

Although I do feel that if the SurePress worked as intended it would take the cake - I even ditched my blackberry [9550] for another blackberry [8530] to get the awesome keyboard back!

I might give the new Pearl a shot, so far the 8530's keyboard has been perfect. While playing with the storm I got used to and kinda miss SureType... Might pick it up for a weekend phone since the form factor would be easier on the pocket when going out.
    05-18-10 04:30 AM
    Indeed. All the other manufacturers are so caught up in the touchscreen craze. It's funny because no matter how good the OS looks, I and a lot of people would never consider a touchscreen device as our primary messaging device. Well, the Storm is an exception due to SurePress and SureType.

05-18-10 05:25 AM
    A physical keyboard was a large drawing card when I first came to BB. The keyboard still is a large factor in my staying. There is just nothing like a BB keyboard IMHO.
    05-18-10 07:06 AM
    yep, no other phone can come close to a Blackberry when it comes down to its keyboard.. Love it!
    05-18-10 07:12 AM
    ...Blackberry's are wonderful for many reasons. But first and foremost... Remember? It's the keyboard!!! Is there mobile device that even comes close to typing on a Blackberry? NOT!!! I stick with BB cuz I can peck out line after line with ease... Tried 'em all... Droid, iToy, HTseeya, none of 'em fit the fingers like a real Blackberry. Flame me... cuz I can't wait to peck out line after line of text on my beloved Tour!

Good post. It's the best small keyboard around.
    05-18-10 08:11 AM
    Is that why the speed texting world record was set on a touch screen device using the swype keyboard?
    05-18-10 08:53 AM
    I know im not the only one that prefers the iPhone keyboard am I? blackberry keyboards are good, but i was faster and more accurate on the iPhone.
    05-18-10 09:10 AM
    You nailed it! Nothing beats typing on a BlackBerry, despite what other chumps have convinced themselves of

05-18-10 09:27 PM
    I hope you're not calling me a chump....I'm entitled to my opinion. iPhone keyboard is IN MY OPINION better than any Blackberry keyboard. If you can't manage to navigate a virtual keyboard efficiantly, then yes, use a Blackberry. Everyone has their preference, it's just a shame when arrogant fanboys can't see past 1 device and their opinions enough to respect what other people prefer or think.

05-18-10 09:44 PM
    ...Blackberry's are wonderful for many reasons. But first and foremost... Remember? It's the keyboard!!! Is there mobile device that even comes close to typing on a Blackberry?
    Yes. It is called the Nokia E71x which doesn't just come close but far surpasses
    the keyboard of ANY BlackBerry except the Bold 9000 and the Pearl.
    05-18-10 09:49 PM
    I agree with you saurekraut, I've typed on my bros itouch and my ma's iphone and with that spelling correction software, or whatever it is, you can really fly. It catches your mistakes and corrects it pretty accurately. I wish BB had that. Far easier than my bold. I've had my phone for over a month and I still can't stand this keyboard.

I sure do agree with AG, I LOVED the pearls keyboard. Everyday that new one is looking sweeter and sweeter. I could type huge emails without even lookin or making mistakes. IMPOSSIBLE on this phone. I can come close but still make lots of mistakes. Not nearly as fast though.

05-18-10 10:03 PM
    Pi Guy, I am jonesing for the 9100 like you only read about.
    05-18-10 10:15 PM
    RIM is the only manufacturer who knows how to make keyboards these days, save the occasional HTC one.

In most cases, the keyboard is sacrificed for the form factor. The Pre and Droid are the two best examples of this. The Pre is tolerable while the Droid's keyboard is simply unusable. The Motorola engineers surely must have meant it as a cruel and unusual joke.

The Pre's keyboard is just small. Keyboards for midgets must have been Palm's mantra ever since the Centro.
    05-18-10 10:23 PM
    In most cases, the keyboard is sacrificed for the form factor. The Pre and Droid are the two best examples of this. The Pre is tolerable while the Droid's keyboard is simply unusable. The Motorola engineers surely must have meant it as a cruel and unusual joke.
    One of my friends tried the Droid briefly. If I did not know better, I would have guessed that his e-mails were written by someone who did not understand the English language.
    05-18-10 10:31 PM
    RIM is the only manufacturer who knows how to make keyboards these days, save the occasional HTC one.

The Pre's keyboard is just small. Keyboards for midgets must have been Palm's mantra ever since the Centro.
    I agree with you about the Droids keyboard. It seems a little difficult to type on. However, the Pre's keyboard I feel is underrated. It is a little more cramped than other keybaords, but I liked the feel of the rubber keys. What I find that is very helpful is a good layout of the keys and key commands. The Pre had the pesky function key which always slows me down. And it also has a dedicated period key. I am so used to BBs that I was get caught trying to double tap the spacebar all the time. The click of the keyboard is really important. If the keyboard doesn't have a good responsive click (missing from the Droid) it becomes difficult to type.

05-19-10 01:00 AM
    Pi Guy, I am jonesing for the 9100 like you only read about.
    Can't...... wait................... dont..... wanna...... think....... about....... it........ ahhh.......
    05-19-10 08:46 AM
    I agree with you saurekraut, I've typed on my bros itouch and my ma's iphone and with that spelling correction software, or whatever it is, you can really fly. It catches your mistakes and corrects it pretty accurately. I wish BB had that. Far easier than my bold. I've had my phone for over a month and I still can't stand this keyboard.

I sure do agree with AG, I LOVED the pearls keyboard. Everyday that new one is looking sweeter and sweeter. I could type huge emails without even lookin or making mistakes. IMPOSSIBLE on this phone. I can come close but still make lots of mistakes. Not nearly as fast though.

thanks for the backing...and it's Saukrateaz
    05-19-10 12:22 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD