Currently I have the Storm 9530 on Verizon. I moved to this phone when my HTC 6800 failed 5 times since Feb. of 2008 when I purchased it. Verizon gave me the Storm for Free because of all my problems. Here a my issues and none of this is related to Hardware failures as I have had none.

1. In ability to text and talk at the same time. My 6800 on Win. MO 6.1 had this feature and it was nice.
    2. No master kill to running programs. My 6800 when updated to Win Mo 6.1 had a task manager to kill all running programs. I know no Blackberry has this
    3. Bluetooth quality if not very good. Using the same Plantronics Blue Tooth I now get constant complaints of not being able to hear me.
    4. Lack of add on software. I know the phone is new but so I can deal with that for the time being.
    5. Battery was good for two days now is about day and half if I am lucky.

Does the Curve have any of these issues or will I need to go to the Touch Pro? Since Verizon is changing the NE2 program I will need to decide by this weekend. We have a NE2 on the account and My Wife doesn't want a new phone still loves her Samsung U-740/Alias.
    02-09-09 12:55 PM
    just trade me for my curve. its less than a month old. it comes with 3 cases (seideo case, otterbox, and a silicon case)

deal!?
    Last edited by ChrisxJacobsen; 02-09-09 at 01:31 PM.
    02-09-09 01:29 PM
    just trade me for my curve. its less than a month old. it comes with 3 cases (seideo case, otterbox, and a silicon case)

deal!?
    Opportunistic.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-09-09 02:48 PM
    Just because I am not happy with the Phone doesn't mean it goes away for free. If he just got the Curve why didnt be get a Storm? My guess is cost.

So does the Curve allow for multitasking while on a call?
    Last edited by Big Dawg 23; 02-09-09 at 02:55 PM.
    02-09-09 02:50 PM
    you seem very critical about bb in general, therefore i can only see you happy with the HTC, so switch back.
    02-09-09 02:51 PM
    No I like many things about Blackberry. Very Stable and long battery life outside the Storm. I just miss some things about Win Mo and not sure if other BlackBerry have this option. Going to store and try doesn't work. Coworkers have the 8830 and 8130. I like the curve for a full Keyboard and Camera but dont know any one with one.
    02-09-09 02:55 PM
    I can only answer in general BB, not specific to storm as I haven't used it but have used pearl curve and bold.

1. You should be able to. While in call, press the menu key, and select either home screen or messages and this should allow you to talk and text. Again, I know this works on the pearl, curve and bold.

2. As far as I know, there is no native command for this. You may be able to download an app that will allow this.

3. BT on 81xx 83xx and 90xx are all exception and clear. Have used se HBH-iv835 and moto H850 on all 3 devices without issue. Not sure why you are having issues with yours. Is it a constant problem, or usually when the BT batt running low? I've noticed some BT's lose reception with low batt.

4. Like you said, new phone so you can deal.
    5. There is a bunch of batt extending theads on CB. Do a search and you'll find a lot of usefull tips. Such as lowering screen brightness, backlight timeout, animated wallpapers, screensavers, BT off if needed, just to name a few.

Hope some of this helped.

02-09-09 03:20 PM
    I can only answer in general BB, not specific to storm as I haven't used it but have used pearl curve and bold.

1. You should be able to. While in call, press the menu key, and select either home screen or messages and this should allow you to talk and text. Again, I know this works on the pearl, curve and bold.

2. As far as I know, there is no native command for this. You may be able to download an app that will allow this.

3. BT on 81xx 83xx and 90xx are all exception and clear. Have used se HBH-iv835 and moto H850 on all 3 devices without issue. Not sure why you are having issues with yours. Is it a constant problem, or usually when the BT batt running low? I've noticed some BT's lose reception with low batt.

4. Like you said, new phone so you can deal.
    5. There is a bunch of batt extending theads on CB. Do a search and you'll find a lot of usefull tips. Such as lowering screen brightness, backlight timeout, animated wallpapers, screensavers, BT off if needed, just to name a few.

Hope some of this helped.

Thanks for the help response. As for battery I have my brightness at 10(Lowest Setting)No Screensaver or wall paper, BT is off unless I am using and Backlight time out is 30 Secs. Also I have it in a holster all the time that puts it to sleep(Blackberry Holster)
    02-09-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD