This 'tap to pay' for Android and iOS really scares me. Someone with that app open on their phone could steal credit card payments just by tapping near another person's credit card.

I get the feeling that this easy payment trend is going to get shut down when too many people get their accounts broken into, and banks end up on the hook for the losses.

Posted via CB10
    IOS does not have NFC and most bank apps require a special secure sim.

Posted from my Z30
    08-17-14 09:58 AM
    This 'tap to pay' for Android and iOS really scares me. Someone with that app open on their phone could steal credit card payments just by tapping near another person's credit card.

I get the feeling that this easy payment trend is going to get shut down when too many people get their accounts broken into, and banks end up on the hook for the losses.

Posted via CB10
    That's typically why it's not widespread
    Most people have it turned off the tap to pay

And most mobile users use a third party scanner and it's a mostly used in only one industry lol which needs the convience of paying customers that don't need to goto the bank so their wife's find out

Sometimes people don't relieze what they wish for

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-17-14 09:59 AM
    Sorry to rehash an old topic, but does anybody know if either PayPal or Intuit's GoPayment works with 10.2?
    10-26-14 06:49 PM
    what is "snap"?
    Square charges a $125 set up fee on top of it all.
    11-04-14 06:00 PM
    what is snap?
    11-04-14 06:08 PM
    I've seen some say the Square app doesn't work for them. Was there any trick to you getting it to work? They say the app installs, but doesn't register the card swipe.
    I just made sure that when I ran it the first time I had the swipe installed and the volume has to be on maximum

Posted via CB10
    11-04-14 10:31 PM
    If you are in Canada Moneris now offers a credit card swiping device for iPhone and Android. I have been calling in sales with Moneris for years. They recently started processing credit cards on mobile phones to keep up with square.

The app is available through snap and is called EselectPlus. It works perfectly on my Z30. It loads up quickly unlike some other Android apps. It processes and approves transactions instantly and emails receipts to my clients. It accepts debt card Visa, Mastercard and American Express.

Moneris chargers between 2 and 2.5% and have a yearly fee of $50.00. It's cheaper than square. They charge $.75 per debt card transaction.

I looked into square and Moneris was a better solution for me. You can process transaction with and without the card swiper. So if you have customers who call in purchases it's not an issue.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-14 10:38 PM
    what is "snap"?
    Square charges a $125 set up fee on top of it all.
    Ummm, I've used Square for more than a year now, works perfect on my Z30... glitches with the Z10 tho, I suspect it's the headphone jack on that phone tho. Never heard of ANYONE having a set up fee before, I prob know 50+ people who use square on a daily basis & haven't heard a peep of it. Me thinks you have some misinformation?

Posted via CB10
    11-06-14 02:30 PM
    I've been using Square for 3 years, so things could have changed, but there definitely was no setup fee when I started, and I don't believe there is one now.

Square's fee is 2.75%, with no annual fee.
    11-06-14 08:36 PM
    I've been using Square for 3 years, so things could have changed, but there definitely was no setup fee when I started, and I don't believe there is one now.

Square's fee is 2.75%, with no annual fee.
    Still that way. 2.75% on swipe or 3.5%+15 cents for each manual transaction. No other fees. I use it to deposit all those pesky rebates where they send you credit cards. Since Square charges no inactivity fees I can use it only when needed.
    11-06-14 09:10 PM
35 12