Does anyone know of any credit card processing apps for BlackBerry, I can't seem to find any. I use PayPal and I downloaded the android version but when I plug in the card reader into my z10 it says it's not compatible.
    This is really getting frustrating blackberry is supposed to be a business oriented phone, but almost all the business apps nowadays are android or iPhone.
    Does anyone have any help on this subject.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 05:53 AM
    Does anyone know of any credit card processing apps for BlackBerry, I can't seem to find any. I use PayPal and I downloaded the android version but when I plug in the card reader into my z10 it says it's not compatible.
    This is really getting frustrating blackberry is supposed to be a business oriented phone, but almost all the business apps nowadays are android or iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    "Square"
    You can get the free reader or buy it in a electronics store and get 10bucks credit

They take a 1 or more % off each transaction though

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-13-14 05:58 AM
    Square takes 3-4% per transaction.
    08-13-14 06:50 AM
    I can not find it, I typed in square and it brings up everything but that app. Help please

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 07:49 AM
    Square android app works on BlackBerry I was at a store that used it on Z10

Posted from my Z30
    08-13-14 08:07 AM
    Here is the app on snap
    Don't seem to want to attach a picture. Anyways app is on snap
    Posted from my Z30
    08-13-14 08:10 AM
    Go to your 1Mobile app and download the "Square Register" app.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 08:37 AM
    "Square"
    You can get the free reader or buy it in a electronics store and get 10bucks credit

They take a 1 or more % off each transaction though

Square is a hardware you attach to your smartphone and for bbry 10 you must install the app from play store
    It's not just an app

You must also apply for an account at square

08-13-14 08:37 AM
    So there is no native blackberry app for taking credit cards?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 11:01 AM
    Go to your 1Mobile app and download the "Square Register" app.

Posted via CB10
    Definitely do not do this. 1Mobile has no malware protections. Its a financial app fergodsakes.
    08-13-14 11:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    There are but not the same or worth the additional cost
    Payanywhere is legacy bbry compatible and ios and android but for storefront you need to pay money monthly

Wouldn't be worth the development time or the maintenance costs square Is a very popular service for people portable service I know one industry that uses square alot

08-13-14 11:22 AM
    Amazon just announced a mobile card reader and app. Perhaps BB can get with them and make sure it works perfect with the runtime.
    08-13-14 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    There is, but it's expensive. In addition to the same 2.75% commission as Square, it charges a $30/month service fee. It's competitive only if you do a lot of transactions, and its reader accepts chip cards. Check out Swipe HQ (sorry, don't know how to link to a BBW app)

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 11:45 AM
    I use square, no $30 fee, just 2.75% of sale price, signed up and received reader, downloaded square app on snap and I was good to go

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    08-13-14 11:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let's check again when 10.3 is final, either on the Passport or as update...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-13-14 05:40 PM
    Square android app works on BlackBerry I was at a store that used it on Z10

Posted from my Z30
    I didn't know this. Sweet! I think Shopify has a similar service as well but only for iOS. Hope they come to their senses and build a native BB10 app.
    08-13-14 06:23 PM
    Just looked on Amazon they have Pay anywhere that supports all three android apple and yes BlackBerry

Posted from my Z30
    08-16-14 05:34 AM
    Streetinvoice is a free BlackBerry app that has PayPal payment built in. Get from BlackBerry world. I use it all the time. 5 star.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 10:25 AM
    Streetinvoice is a free BlackBerry app that has PayPal payment built in. Get from BlackBerry world. I use it all the time. 5 star.

Posted via CB10
    He needs one with a credit card reader because he needs to be able to charge the person mobile

08-16-14 10:57 AM
    Square works fine for me but I have always marveled at why as a business phone there were not more options? I hope the amazon one comes to Canada!

From my z30
    08-16-14 03:08 PM
    Why can't someone here, (a developer), create an app to do this? We have NFC available on BlackBerry 10. I will Pay to have that feature we can pay already using. NFC why not receive payment as well? Where are all the developers?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 04:28 PM
    Why can't someone here, (a developer), create an app to do this? We have NFC available on BlackBerry 10. I will Pay to have that feature we can pay already using. NFC why not receive payment as well? Where are all the developers?

Posted via CB10
    Because there are already technology and apps already available to do this
    Suretap for mobile payments but credit cards require the chip to be scanned or the stripe

Also it's not something that can just be done as credit cards need a payment proccessor which no indie developer can just do
    You need a bank to do that for you

Hence why only big ones like square or suretap (cibc)

08-16-14 04:40 PM
    Because there are already technology and apps already available to do this
    Suretap for mobile payments but credit cards require the chip to be scanned or the stripe

Also it's not something that can just be done as credit cards need a payment proccessor which no indie developer can just do
    You need a bank to do that for you

Hence why only big ones like square or suretap (cibc)

K but can't someone team up with a credit card agency to work on this? I'm just guessing but if I can make payments with my phone through NFC why can't I receive via NFC? If some developers get together with a major Credit Card Company it can be possible? It would eliminate third party hardware ,just the app and NFC activated. I'm just asking.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-14 06:51 PM
    K but can't someone team up with a credit card agency to work on this? I'm just guessing but if I can make payments with my phone through NFC why can't I receive via NFC? If some developers get together with a major Credit Card Company it can be possible? It would eliminate third party hardware ,just the app and NFC activated. I'm just asking.

Posted via CB10
    Android and ios takes tap payments if your credit card and debit cards support it just by your smartphone
    Again it's limited compared to a payments proccessor and swiping as not all cards support tap Scotia bank and some cards support it

08-16-14 07:13 PM
    Android and ios takes tap payments if your credit card and debit cards support it just by your smartphone
    Again it's limited compared to a payments proccessor and swiping as not all cards support tap Scotia bank and some cards support it

This 'tap to pay' for Android and iOS really scares me. Someone with that app open on their phone could steal credit card payments just by tapping near another person's credit card.

I get the feeling that this easy payment trend is going to get shut down when too many people get their accounts broken into, and banks end up on the hook for the losses.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    08-17-14 08:21 AM
35 12