I upgraded to a 9930 around Christmas & I'm glad I did! I find myself on Crackberry a lot more since the upgrade. The Storm2 was old & no leaks or new discussions could be found. 3 weeks ago, I picked up a PlayBook. What a great device on OS2!!

I'm now on CrackBerry every single day checking for new developments, new apps, and new leaks for both devices! Seems like the site is generally more active. Am I right? Do you think this is a sign of BlackBerry revitalization? Or am just a delusional fan???
    03-28-12 10:23 PM
    I think the sells numbers of the Playbook is higher than most people think. Every time Im in a electronics store there are people buying them (or trying to buy). And Ive probably talked about 40+ into getting one just by showing them the features. And this sight it way more active now too me. If Rim fires their marketing crew and get a good team in place they could be doing great.
    03-28-12 10:29 PM
    It has revitalized those who were already BB users, however for those who are not BlackBerry users I believe it has done very little. In fact, OS 7.1 has held them back from attracting new users because deep down, it doesn't offer anything new or that can't be found elsewhere.

PlayBook sales? Well, we'll see....March 29th.
    03-28-12 10:59 PM
    OS2 has renewed interest in the PlayBook and probably has people thinking towards BB10. Don't know if 7.1 has done much to excite people...the newer hardware and slightly updated OS is really just a placeholder until the newer stuff is released.
    03-29-12 12:07 AM
    Was a BB user, was an iPhone user, OS2.0 came out for the PB, I dusted off the dust on my PB, updated it, bought a new 9900, updated to 7.1, happy RIM user again and now visiting daily as well.

I would say yes to some extent =)
    manofice1 likes this.
    03-29-12 01:26 AM
    Yea maybe a little bit. It has changed it a bit. The repo is getting better.
    03-29-12 01:34 AM
    I don't think it has. I still think there is a huge misconception of what a BlackBerry can do. I'm sure we all know people that:
    a) Think RIM is going bankrupt
    b) Doesn't realize they can listen to music or sync with iTunes on their BlackBerry
    c) Doesn't realize there is an app world on BlackBerry
    d) Doesn't realize there is such a thing as a browser on a BlackBerry

The list goes on. Until they meet someone who really knows what a BlackBerry they'll remain ignorant. Unless, of course, RIM hires a CMO and they start to advertise what a BlackBerry can do.

Now, it may be that for people who are aware of what a BlackBerry can do, that the recent updates have inspired them to come back (or upgrade their old device).
    scott.slater likes this.
    03-29-12 09:04 AM
    I don't think either has revived RIM for people who embrace the platform, nor potential customers. Os7.1 was really just bug fixes and hasnt really added anything new. Same can almost said for os2.0, but really only made the Playbook more sizeable to other market contenders, which no one really even knows about outside the CB circle. Then there is the whole prospect with os7.1 devices not getting bb10. While the Playbook will get it, that still leaves os7 to basically become what os6 or os5 devices have become when bb10 is out. Certainly not a revival by any accord.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4
    03-29-12 11:00 AM
    It is cool how the BB and playbook work together through bridge. That probably turned a few heads but the hard part is getting people to know about this

I think some new playbook users, with non-BB phones, wanted the best experience and bought an OS7 phone to use the bridge features. So new to BB users are starting with good phones

IMO it did revive RIM to a certain extent but significant revival will only happen with BB10 and the cool things they demonstrated at conferences
    03-29-12 12:29 PM
    I don't see how it could have with no one outside of these types of forums knowing about the 7.1 updates.
    03-29-12 12:38 PM
    Yeah I agree outside the forums not many people know about the 7.1 update.
    So it has not helped much.
    Now OS 2.0 def help bring a lot of positive comments towards RIM
    So yeah that def helped.
    03-29-12 10:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD