Dear All,

I am facing a very unique problem as far as my knowledge on blackberries is concerned. I have surfed through plenty of websites and haven�t been able to fine any solutions for it yet. The problem is that if I use a pay as you go Sim which is also known as a pre paid Sim, the credit balance goes in the drain at some certain rate even if I don�t use the phone. I would check the balance just before hitting bed and in the morning between 1 to 2 pounds would detect from the total balance.

In detail, I bought a Bold 9000 from Vodafone UK and then got it unlocked. Since my plan was to do some international travelling so I decided not to go for any service plan until I get back to London in a few months time. I used the phone without any data plan for about a month in England and didn�t face this issue. Then for a week I was in Turkey and used a local sim from there and my blackberry was fine. I stayed in Dubai for a month later and once again used a local sim of UAE without having such a problem.

Now I have come to Pakistan 2 weeks back and have started using a local Pay as you go sim for calls and text messages only. For 10 days it went perfectly great and I did not loose any unwanted balance from my account but then I realized there could be something running in the back ground that would drain the credits perhaps via GPRS.

Just to let you know iam using version 4.6.0.303 (platform 4.0.0.248). i have also been installing and deleting via pc some third party installations such as games and other applications. My understanding is that some application might be running in the back ground that forces to uses data which ends up in resulting loosing credit balance. I have checked there aren�t any applications running in the background whatsoever and besides with a data plan one can�t use the applications anyways on a Bold.

To cure the problem, I have tried doing more or less all sorts of things such as,

1. Deleting all the third party soft wares from the BBY.

2. Restarted the blackberry by using �ctrl + alt +del� option and also by taking the battery out for more than a minute.

3. I have formatted and reinstalled the complete firmware but even that didn�t help.

4. Have also disabled the Push Browser, GPS and all sorts of other applications that could access the data by anyway but nothing seems to work and resolve my issue.

I would heartily appreciate if someone could help me out resolve the problem.

Best Regards,

AJ
    01-15-10 04:29 PM
    I don't if your os have it but have you try going to network connection, mobile network option and turning data and roaming off?
    01-15-10 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD