I haven't seen an update for a Curve 2 in months. And would like to see an update in 5.0 OS. So since it seems developers have put us 5.0 users on the back burner. I've gone to VZW to see if I can upgrade my phone to a new BB 6.0 Os phone and was told not till my upgrade is available next year. But then was told I can upgrade my phones to Androids or the new iPhone 4. I had the biggest WTF look on my face.

So lemme get this right. I can't upgrade early for a new 6.0 BB. But can if I get an Android or iPhone? Someone at VZW better change their policies before they get sued for what their in store Rep's are telling people.

Not for nothing but I'm a fan of and I'm kinda losing interest in the BB. Either step it for those of us stuck in 5.0 land by keeping us here with BB. Or neglect us to the point we walk. That's a good way to keep profits up.

Rant over... And go!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-11 11:57 PM
    You could try saying you lost your phone.. If they don't stock the 8900 anymore they'd kind of have to make you some sort of deal on the 9300...
    04-07-11 12:22 AM
    Devices are improving, memory is expanding. Older devices will get left behind. It's the way that business works. They'd rather you upgrade to a new phone than keep trying to update older models. I don't think many car companies would "update" your older model just to keep up. They make newer cars and expect people to adjust. If you want to keep the older model, that's your choice. It isn't their responsibility to keep your car current.
    04-07-11 08:44 AM
    You weren't promised any updates of any kind when you purchased the phone. Why is it you feel entitled to an update on a year and half old phone?

04-07-11 09:20 AM
    Good call advising fraud, gravymonster.

gravymonster likes this.
    04-07-11 09:30 AM
    @rgorman Read my post again. I understand I have an older model. That's why I would like to upgrade early. But why would a rep say no on a BB and yes on an android or iphone?

Your opinion?

04-07-11 05:13 PM
    @rgorman Read my post again. I understand I have an older model. That's why I would like to upgrade early. But why would a rep say no on a BB and yes on an android or iphone?

Your opinion?

Probably because that's what they wanted to sell you. I'd go back in and talk to a different rep, or just call Verizon and ask.
    04-07-11 05:23 PM

Your opinion?

He might have said you can't upgrade "early", but if you insisted, he might have said fine, you'll pay FULL price for the phone instead of getting it at a 'renewal' price. Every carrier probably will say the same thing. They'll sell you a NEW contract for a different phone, after you pay off the early termination fees, etc... If your phone was a bit closer to renewal you might have been able to work out a deal. But as you signed for a contract, then you are bound to those contract terms. (For the most part)
    04-12-11 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD