As much as I love my berry I find the signal fluxuations to be quite annoying. I will be laying in bed on my bold and it will go from 3G to roaming and I have to power it down to go back to 3G again. My wifi has been doing the same thing in my bedroom. My iPod wifi has 3 bars in the room but the berry can't connect or stay connected?

Sometimes it makes me think "what would a stable signal be like?" "would an android phone do this?" my cuzin just got a droid X and the forst thing he told me was that he loved his reception now. Coming from an original curve the reception was awesome! But now newer devices struggle. My bold, fianc's curve2 and my cuzins storm 1 and 2.

It would just be nice to look at blackberrys the same die hard way when I had my 8330

do you feel like this sometimes?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 06:40 AM
    Might be your router doing it as well. I would check the settings on that.

My wife still has her mytouch3G and I have the 9700 Bold and we both have signal problems, but never go to SOS mode at home, now 1-2 bars of EDGE yes...my phone works off UMA anyway, but wife's don't.

Sometimes you just need to reset your router and will be good for awhile...I have went as far as 2 months without touching it and everything run of it was fine, then other times I have to reset every few days....

Its something within my settings I believe, just need to find it, lol!

Just a suggestion, good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-10 07:45 AM
    As much as I love my berry I find the signal fluxuations to be quite annoying. I will be laying in bed on my bold and it will go from 3G to roaming and I have to power it down to go back to 3G again. My wifi has been doing the same thing in my bedroom. My iPod wifi has 3 bars in the room but the berry can't connect or stay connected?
    My Tour had some ridiculous signal fluctuation, where the Motorola Droids of my sis and bil when in the same room, sitting on the same table, on the same carrier were rock solid in their signal strength. It didn't have wifi so I don't know if it did the same thing on wifi. That was partially responsible for making me make the switch. If your ipod has good signal but your berry doesn't, in the same place, the problem isn't the router. The problem is the one device that's not working.
    Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-24-10 at 09:02 AM.
    10-24-10 08:56 AM
    does your cousin use the same carrier as you on their Droid X?

Was your original curve using the same carrier as the one you currently use now? It never had that problem in the bedroom (yes im still talking about the phone)?

Does your phone ever have this problem anywhere else in your house or when your out and about?

I know that in my apartment, my bedroom has the worse 3G reception and it surprised me considering I'm living on the top floor in the middle of the CBD.
    10-24-10 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD