It was one of those mornings. I got up late, then as I was on the road to work, my "refuel" light came on. DING!

OK, so I'll try the spankin' new WaWa. Lord knows I can't show my face in the other WaWa, because about 2 months ago, I was so consumed with a Google Chat on my BB, that I pulled away from the gas pump with the nozzle still in my car! Luckily, it popped out of my tank easily and no harm done. It did make an awful sound though...

So I get my gas going, lock my car and head in for some coffee. I left my BB in my car. When I came back to my car, I checked my BB for an updated conversation. As if on auto-pilot, throw it in "Drive" and take off. AGAIN! With the nozzle in my gas tank!! THIS time, the entire hose broke away from the pump station. HOLY FREAKIN' ****.

It felt like I ran over something. Now all the morning commuters who stopped at WaWa are looking to see what all the noise is. It's just me! Blondie, mangling the brand new pump!

Now I look in my rear view to see the long hose trailing behind my car. *Sheer embarrassment now* I put it into reverse, and pulled back into my spot to return the detached hose to its cradle. Being an honest consumer, I walked into WaWa to explain what happened to the cashier, but she used this opportunity to lecture me on why I shouldn't sit in my car while gas is pumping. I explained that I came in for coffee. She said "Well you know you're not supposed to leave the car unattended, that's a fire hazard...don't you know that?" I politely replied, "Ma'am, I came in here to tell you what happened so that it could be fixed. I don't need a lecture on fire safety." So with that, she decided to embarrass me even more by yelling across the crowded store to her manager, "Jay!!! This lady pulled away with the nozzle still in her tank and it came off!!"

Another customer looked moritfied for me. She said, "Oh God, could she say it any louder?" I said to the cashier, "Yes, would you like a megaphone?"

So out comes Jay to save the day, in his neon yellow HazMat vest. Cripes, can I just LEAVE? Jay is comforting and smiling, and explains that these hoses are made to break away, just for this reason. "Otherwise, you'd blow up." Thanks, Jay! Can I go now?

All thanks to my BB!
    05-30-08 07:51 AM
    Omg, I am SO relieved I'm not the only one who has done that TWICE, thanks to my, umm, priorities! (Cant put the blame on my baby berry)

And to make matters worse, every time I go to that gas station, the attendant gives me a dirty looks and points at me making the no-no gesture w his finger ...Yea thanks d#*k(sidenote- seinfeld episode, very very bad man...anyone?)

So thanks for sharing that, if anything, def does make for a good story, and I've learned that yes, those gas pump things are made for Blondies like us...either way...LESSON LEARNED!!!

Since we're on topic, and you've inspired me to share lol, heres a cute little blonde joke that made me laugh:

A Blonde goes to Bed Bath & Beyond to buy curtains. She tells the clerk " I would like to buy a pair of pink curtains." The clerk assures her that they have a large selection of pink curtains. She shows her several patterns but the blonde seems to be having a hard time choosing. Finally she selects a lovely pink floral print. The clerk then asks what size curtains she needs. The blonde promptly replies "seventeen inches."

"Seventeen inches?" asked the clerk. "That sounds very small. What room are they for?"

The blonde says, "They aren't for a room. They are for my new computer monitor."

The surprised clerk replies "But Miss, computers do not need curtains!"

The blonde says, "Helllloooooooo...... I've got Windoooooows....."
    05-30-08 08:08 AM
    Boy, I was waiting for a similar story, like maybe someone rear-ended a car because they were on the BB...but a sister-girl who made the same mistake? I feel relieved!

And I cracked up at the joke!
    05-30-08 08:14 AM
    LOL! Thanks you guys for sharing and making me laugh this morning! =]
    05-30-08 08:30 AM
    Good stuff!

Maybe we can get matching bumper stickers " Blackberry Crackheads On Board" lol
    05-30-08 08:31 AM
    your lucky you just broke a gas nozzle and not some poor pedestrians leg...

it's fun to enjoy a new piece of technology etc... but at what price?
    05-30-08 08:39 AM
    now thats funny
    why do those people have to be a total b about it
    i mean you were obviously embarrassed enough
    ive never done that, but here in oregon its illegal to pump your own gas, move to oregon
    05-30-08 10:38 AM
    And they say women can't drive...
    05-30-08 10:43 AM
    LOL, did anyone take a picture? Buy your gas in NJ. They have Wawa's and someone has to pump the gas for you!! There is a law in NJ that does not allow for the public to pump gas, & it is cheaper than states that you have to pump your own!!! My wife has a bumper sticker that says "NJ girls don't pump gas"
    05-30-08 11:04 AM
    Women....!
    05-30-08 11:45 AM
    Yes, I can laugh at my own expense...

I dont know why she felt the need to embarrass me more, except it made her feel powerful. The way she called "Jaaay!!" made me think this happens all the time and that this was ANOTHER one of those dumb moves.
    05-30-08 12:28 PM
    Is this you?

Just kidding
    05-30-08 12:42 PM
    May as well be! Look for me on FARK.com. I'm sure someone took a pic! I would have!
    05-30-08 12:50 PM
    Don't blame the Berry! You would have done this anyway - probably A.D.D. ;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 12:56 PM
    Its good tht the pump is made tht way in cases such as tht.

Its great tht I never have to pump my own gas. The gas stations here all have no cell fone usage while in the station.

05-30-08 01:03 PM
    Don't blame the Berry! You would have done this anyway - probably A.D.D. ;-)

Gah, tough crowd.
    05-30-08 01:12 PM
    That's too funny! Don't feel bad I've had it happen too.

I'm surprised they gave you so much grief over it. Like the guy Jay said they are designed for just such an occasion. But it isn't be cause you'll "blow up"

It's because that hose is expensive, but the breakaway valve is easy to repair.
    Shash5 likes this.
    05-30-08 01:16 PM
    Don't feel bad, darlin... My whole life is a blonde moment.
    05-30-08 01:41 PM
    where i live, u can't pump unless your holding the trigger.....they rip off the lock mechanism....i'm assuming to avoid silly accidents like this, lmfao
    05-30-08 01:46 PM
    i hate the new pay before you pump we have to do at all gas stations. i always pay then go back to my car and drive off with out pumping my gas. I fell stupid calling hours later and tell them i paid but did not pump ill be back later or tomorrow. most of the time I'm to far away to go back so i just stop some where else
    05-30-08 01:49 PM
    Thanks for the laugh. LOL!!!
    Glad to hear that you, your car and of course your Berry are safe and sound.
    05-30-08 02:09 PM
    i hate the new pay before you pump we have to do at all gas stations. i always pay then go back to my car and drive off with out pumping my gas. I fell stupid calling hours later and tell them i paid but did not pump ill be back later or tomorrow. most of the time I'm to far away to go back so i just stop some where else
    This is absolutely crazy to me... I grew up on the west coast and for as long as I can remember, we've always prepaid at the pump. Then, when we moved to MN for a while, I kept trying to prepay everywhere and the clerks just looked at me like I was nuts. I can't imagine not prepaying for gas!! Couldn't you just fill up and drive off in that case without paying??? I mean I'm not saying I would do that, but you know someone would!
    05-30-08 02:09 PM
    Happened to my dad!! Lol.
    05-30-08 02:17 PM
    And they say women can't drive...
    Still not sure what's funnier, this or the OP's story.
    05-31-08 12:23 AM
    That's why I love Jersey! Jersey girls don't pump gas!

05-31-08 12:51 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD