I agree topshooter...seems more than not there were people that loved their BB's, but have since moved on, which is fine...however seems a lot of people tend to stick around here and start bad mouthing BB's, something they once enjoyed...or get people coming in here on blast mode...

I see more negativity than I see positive anymore on this site...sad to see really.

And I don't care who owns what phone, but seems like most people are against BB's for some reason...

Okay so you like your new device. Move over to their forum...right,no! I have friends here, okay...then keep trap closed? Can't....

How it seems anyway...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This is a FORUM. People are allowed to speak. Just because you don't like what is said...

I still own a 8330. It's my emergency phone. I am still responsible for my families BB upkeep and maintenance. I post here, and I post at Precentral. However, I am NOT happy with RIM and am allowed to say so in a thread about differences between phones and shortcomings. People are anti BB 'for some reason' because for the last 2 years other companies are leaving them in the dust while RIM goes TRA LA LA and slaps the Bold or Curve name on the 35th model of the same phone. They are repeating Palm mistakes. And I DO care about RIM - it's a Canadian company and I wanted to support them but I finally had enough.

If you don't want to read that people are becoming unhappy with RIM, which more and more are, then avoid those threads.

And someone implying a MODERATOR who still uses a BB in their fleet of phones but has justified concerns and issues with how RIM has conducted themselves the last couple of years isn't allowed to say so because they are a moderator is assinine.

Adult life is a two way street. If you don't want to read anything negative about RIM, stay away from the threads. But you can't expect everyone to not express their problems with RIM on a BB website. Forums are positive and negative and if you don't want to deal with it, then I'm sorry, the internet isn't for you.
    05-28-10 12:45 PM
    Having a line on both Telus and Bell (CDMA and HSPA+, respectively) and my sister is on Bell CDMA, this is bullsh*t. Sorry. You can say what you will, but that sounds like your fiances email servers. Both my sister and I get all our emails as soon as they arrive, on both available networks. I highly doubt a RIM server issue only affects one of hundreds of thousands of Bell BlackBerries.
    It is an issue with his account on the RIM servers and RIM can't fix it, well they haven't exactly really tried (again very upset with RIM tech). I still got my emails from the same providers on my Storm - that is when there wasn't an outage *snerk* So no, it's NOT bull**** - it's his RIM account. Rim doesn't know why and isn't all that concerned with fixing it. So, add that to the list of reasons his next phone won't be a BB.

This most certainly is a RIM issue.
    05-28-10 12:54 PM
    This site should just change its name to crack lol, no in all seriousness people don't complain about their smarphones on other websites, because their platform doesn't have as many problems as RIM'S and the customers are more satisfied. Also most Blackberry owners are unique in the fact that a lot of you are handed the Blackberry from your respective employer, Android users and iPhone users are going out and buying their phone off their own free will, so that also has to be taken into account.
    Last edited by CrackberryBrandon; 05-28-10 at 01:32 PM.
    05-28-10 01:27 PM
    This site should just change its name to crack lol, no in all seriousness people don't complain about their smarphones on other websites, because their platform doesn't have as many problems as RIM'S and the customers are more satisfied. Also most Blackberry owners are unique in the fact that a lot of you are handed the Blackberry from your respective employer, Android users and iPhone users are going out and buying their phone off their own free will, so that also has to be taken into account.
    I don't think that's necessarily the case, sure there are a good number of folks that get their BB from their companies, but I tend to believe that a large number of those folks use their phone just for what it's given to them for, e-mail, phone calls, stuff like that. I for one purchased my BlackBerry of my own free will, and I'm highly satisfied with my decision to do so, probably just as satisfied as someone who has an Android or an iPhone and likes it for their own personal reasons.

I'm pretty tired of people constantly ******** and moaning about "Why can't my BlackBerry do this" or "Why can't my BlackBerry do that". I don't know if it's certain posters just wanting to cause a stir for the effect that it gets or what, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not going to sit here and say that people shouldn't point out that the platform has it's weaknesses (multimedia being the biggest IMO), but I just don't think it's doing any good to sit and cry like a little kid about why your phone can't do what another phone can.

I like the fact that there are a good number of people on this site that don't even use a BlackBerry, it allows people who have questions regarding different platforms to access a more knowlegable group to find their answer.

I don't particularly care for the iPhone, and I'm not a huge Android fan, not because there's anything wrong with those platforms, but because for me the BlackBerry does what I find most important better than either of those platforms can.

The fact of the matter is that BlackBerry's continue to outsell the iPhone, and the Android devices, they're also one of the top 5 handset manufacturers in the world, if their customer base wasn't satisfied with their handsets, I don't think they would be selling the way that they do. It's ridiculous to think that iPhone and Android owners are more satisfied than a BlackBerry owner simply because of what some people decide to post on a forum.

I also don't know what problems you're referring to...
    Last edited by elvin1983; 05-28-10 at 01:54 PM.
    05-28-10 01:49 PM
    I don't think that's necessarily the case, sure there are a good number of folks that get their BB from their companies, but I tend to believe that a large number of those folks use their phone just for what it's given to them for, e-mail, phone calls, stuff like that. I for one purchased my BlackBerry of my own free will, and I'm highly satisfied with my decision to do so, probably just as satisfied as someone who has an Android or an iPhone and likes it for their own personal reasons.

I'm pretty tired of people constantly ******** and moaning about "Why can't my BlackBerry do this" or "Why can't my BlackBerry do that". I don't know if it's certain posters just wanting to cause a stir for the effect that it gets or what, but it doesn't make any sense to me. I'm not going to sit here and say that people shouldn't point out that the platform has it's weaknesses (multimedia being the biggest IMO), but I just don't think it's doing any good to sit and cry like a little kid about why your phone can't do what another phone can.

I like the fact that there are a good number of people on this site that don't even use a BlackBerry, it allows people who have questions regarding different platforms to access a more knowlegable group to find their answer.

I don't particularly care for the iPhone, and I'm not a huge Android fan, not because there's anything wrong with those platforms, but because for me the BlackBerry does what I find most important better than either of those platforms can.

The fact of the matter is that BlackBerry's continue to outsell the iPhone, and the Android devices, they're also one of the top 5 handset manufacturers in the world, if their customer base wasn't satisfied with their handsets, I don't think they would be selling the way that they do. It's ridiculous to think that iPhone and Android owners are more satisfied than a BlackBerry owner simply because of what some people decide to post on a forum.
    Don't forget RIM owns the coporate America as well as coporate companies in other countries this is the MAIN reason why they are one of the Top 5 manufacturers in the world and outsell the iPhone and Android platform.
    05-28-10 01:55 PM
    Don't forget RIM owns the coporate America as well as coporate companies in other countries this is the MAIN reason why they are one of the Top 5 manufacturers in the world and outsell the iPhone and Android platform.
    Sorry pal..., just not the case
    Android Shakes Up U.S. Smartphone Market
    If you notice at the bottom of the release, it says that "Note: Sales figures do not include corporate/enterprise mobile phone sales."

This release does just cover the U.S. market, but I think you get my drift.
    05-28-10 02:04 PM
    Sorry pal..., just not the case
    Android Shakes Up U.S. Smartphone Market
    If you notice at the bottom of the release, it says that "Note: Sales figures do not include corporate/enterprise mobile phone sales."

This release does just cover the U.S. market, but I think you get my drift.
    Yea your argument has nothing to do with the point i was making sorry pal I addressed the Top 5 phone makers in the world issue! that had nothing to do with US sales alone just sayin
    05-28-10 02:08 PM
    Yea your argument has nothing to do with the point i was making sorry pal I addressed the Top 5 phone makers in the world issue! that had nothing to do with US sales alone just sayin
    I understand, I was looking for Worldwide figures when I posted that, try this:
    Google Android smacks down Windows Mobile in latest Gartner data | ZDNet

This one shows the top selling manufacturers worldwide.
    Gartner Says Worldwide Mobile Phone Sales Grew 17 Per Cent in First Quarter 2010

The point I'm trying to make is that I think it's foolish to believe that the only reason that RIM sells the number of smartphones that it does is simply due to the fact it has a large enterprise footprint. If I'm wrong, than I'd like to see something to tell me otherwise.
    05-28-10 02:21 PM
    And yet another person trumpeting the security of the BlackBerry WITHOUT
    actually explaining what that means or how it is better than any other platform.
    Amen. 99% of people here don't know how BlackBerry even works, much less activesync with the iphone.

99.9% of BB users don't realize RIM can read every single email they send if RIM chooses to.
    05-28-10 02:23 PM
    Elvin for the win.
    05-28-10 02:28 PM
    its true i noticed both android and iphone forums dont ever mention BB's i think BB is going downhill otherwise why would they try to copy , look at OS 6.0..
    05-28-10 02:30 PM
    I understand, I was looking for Worldwide figures when I posted that, try this:
    Google Android smacks down Windows Mobile in latest Gartner data | ZDNet

This one shows the top selling manufacturers worldwide.
    Gartner Says Worldwide Mobile Phone Sales Grew 17 Per Cent in First Quarter 2010

The point I'm trying to make is that I think it's foolish to believe that the only reason that RIM sells the number of smartphones that it does is simply due to the fact it has a large enterprise footprint. If I'm wrong, than I'd like to see something to tell me otherwise.
    So you believe if you took away RIMS dominence in the corporate world and made them rely on the consumer market they would be competitive with the iPhone and android platform hahaha your joking right
    05-28-10 03:22 PM
    So you believe if you took away RIMS dominence in the corporate world and made them rely on the consumer market they would be competitive with the iPhone and android platform hahaha your joking right
    ISTM if RIM *gave away* their dominance by ignoring the needs of existing customers, and responded to whining from a micro-minority of leisure users... BlackBerry could probably compete quite effectively with iPhone and android devices for the leisure market.
    05-28-10 07:36 PM
    Yeah, if RIM eliminated all the users that constituted the ones greater than the number that android and apple had then they would for sure have the same or less. Solid.
    05-28-10 07:44 PM
    This site never ceases to amaze me, particularly the amount of rambling and pure speculation that gets misconstrued as fact.

RIM will be fine - even in this "I want the newest, shiny this or that"-fueled society.
    05-28-10 07:59 PM
    80% of RIM's sales have been to consumers for at least the last five quarters.
    05-29-10 01:40 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD