I just started reading about memory leakage. I was wondering if they have fixed it yet with the newer OS upgrades.
    06-18-08 11:44 PM
    I just started reading about memory leakage. I was wondering if they have fixed it yet with the newer OS upgrades.

For which BB and OS?
    06-19-08 12:04 AM
    skormm...some ppl say they still have the leak, some say just a little, some say none..I'm talking about 4.5
    06-19-08 12:06 AM
    For which BB and OS?
    I'm HOPING they have fixed it for the Bold with 4.6.

But I was wondering about the 8320 with whatever the latest OS available for it is.
    06-19-08 12:06 AM
    they aren't going to release the Bold with a memory leak...
    06-19-08 12:10 AM
    I'm HOPING they have fixed it for the Bold with 4.6.

But I was wondering about the 8320 with whatever the latest OS available for it is.
    I heard the OS is very stable for the BOLD.
    06-19-08 12:22 AM
    Thanks guys..

p.s. lmao, Jason I just realized that your picture was of a baby, I would keep glancing at it as I read your posts but never focused enough to tell what it was I just figured it was a picture of you. And then I looked at it just a minute ago and saw that it was a baby!
    06-19-08 12:24 AM
    The memory leak I had with 4.5.0.37 was caused by the Video Recorder. As long as I don't use the VR, I have no leak.
    06-19-08 12:29 AM
    they aren't going to release the Bold with a memory leak...
    Didn't stop them from releasing the Curve line, the 8800 line, and the Pearl line.

I have had memory leaks on my Berrys since my 8703e, and I have never owned one that didn't have it. All of my Curves, my 8830, both my 8703s, all had memory leaks.

Why? Maybe because everyone of these devices runs on the same core OS architecture? The Bold will too, so to think it won't have memory leaks is giving it too much credit in my opinion. You just won't notice them as much because for the first time in RIM's device history, they are actually offering a device with over 100mb of user memory... Bravo RIM.
    06-19-08 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD