nextlevel88 wins teh internet.
    Finally. Do you have any idea how long I've been practicing teh internet?!
    01-28-13 10:54 AM
    for what it's worth, (nothing), I noticed the "fade to black" of the "10 weeks" gig but didn't take it personally,,, as the info comes, it comes,,, there's nothin' to get you're boxers in a bunch about, really,,, some the fun has been the speculation,,, particularly some of the over the top reactions,,, the HQ stream was vanilla for me but who's to say it wasn't like a new Star Wars/Star Trek release for others??? it's all perception & personal interest & to what degree you are "into" it,,, I'm a BB/PB guy & am very in touch w/ my inner gadget geek,,, my personal opinions/observations may or may not be those of others,,, but one thing is for sure,,, if I was shacked up in a condo on an expense paid trip in a foreign land, I would certainly have a different outlook,,, from the inside looking out there's a new website to get together (I'm expecting something REALLY 21st century cool w/ alot of "flow" to it), no small feat even from my VERY limited knowledge of such ventures, & on top of that scraping up & releasing any more Rim based tidbits as they are ALLOWED,,, & based on my personal experience, if there's something you need to know just ask ANYONE, publically or in private, and you'll get as honest an answer as they can provide,,, so if there's something lacking in the info being put out here, I think it falls on the individual as to whether or not you've put in the EFFORT to get it,,, and ALWAYS read between the lines,,, you'd be surprised what's in there...

=======I========AM=========EXCITED======ABOUT====B B10======&========THE=======NEW======WEBSITE======
    Last edited by SEAWARRIOR; 01-28-13 at 01:02 PM.
    Michelle Haag and jakie55 like this.
    01-28-13 10:59 AM
    nextlevel88 hit the nail on the head. It's interesting to see the difference between the (self) entitled and the (patient) enlightened.

Suffice to say, If the sideshow drama keeps those people busy until Wednesday, then have at it hoss!

Come Wednesday, Blackberry is going to make waves and Crackberry will be my first row seat!

Can't wait!
    nextlevel88 likes this.
    01-28-13 11:11 AM
    my scroll finger just cramped up...
    kevinnugent likes this.
    01-28-13 11:21 AM
    Ooooooo, gonna have me a look-see @ that one when I get home.

BTW, I'm guessing this "thread" is over now, just us proles populating it now?
    Never quit, never surrender. I'm sure we'll be checking in still. :P
    01-28-13 01:08 PM
    1o weeks of BB10, so far I am very unimpressed with Kevin's and the whole, we got BB10, all covered. Those nighttime webcam sessions have been a bust, very boring and very uninformative. I do hope they kick their game up a few gears starting tomorrow because so far Crackbery, who's life is hanging in the balance like RIM's is with this launch, have dropped the ball. What's your opinion?????
    It's what happens when one gives up their own horse and jumps on the wagon. CB is no longer part of the solution, it's part of the problem. It's more like another marketing arm of RIM rather than a objective pro user BB addict site. To me, it's no longer a advocate of us users, it's a advocate of the company. The cold hard fact is CB has turned in to a business, not a objective user site. Although there are still many good users who do come to the site and still a great place to get help when you need it. It's the forms that keep me coming back, forget about the front page, it's all kids stuff, rarely anything of value to an adult that uses his device personally and professionally. As far as the launch goes, blah, who cares.....what I care about is when it's going to be in my hands.....and what can it do????
    dynot and soren203 like this.
    01-28-13 03:36 PM
    i'm disappointed by the lack of 10 weeks, simply because i was led to expect them and they did pass the time for me, even if it was rereading things i had read before.

other then that, i'm hoping that they use their Toronto base, to collate all the info at the launch event on some sort of live feed/stream
    01-28-13 03:40 PM
    It's what happens when one gives up their own horse and jumps on the wagon. CB is no longer part of the solution, it's part of the problem. It's more like another marketing arm of RIM rather than a objective pro user BB addict site. To me, it's no longer a advocate of us users, it's a advocate of the company. The cold hard fact is CB has turned in to a business, not a objective user site. Although there are still many good users who do come to the site and still a great place to get help when you need it. It's the forms that keep me coming back, forget about the front page, it's all kids stuff, rarely anything of value to an adult that uses his device personally and professionally. As far as the launch goes, blah, who cares.....what I care about is when it's going to be in my hands.....and what can it do????
    I have to say I disagree. Crackberry has been a very valuable resource where BB users can come to for information on everything concerning blackberry devices. To me it is still very much an advocate for BB users. As far as the launch goes, CB has been in the forefront providing news on the new BB10 platform when it was barely a blip on the mainstream media's radar.
    Michelle Haag and axllebeer like this.
    01-28-13 03:44 PM
    1o weeks of BB10, so far I am very unimpressed with Kevin's and the whole, we got BB10, all covered. Those nighttime webcam sessions have been a bust, very boring and very uninformative. I do hope they kick their game up a few gears starting tomorrow because so far Crackbery, who's life is hanging in the balance like RIM's is with this launch, have dropped the ball. What's your opinion?????
    Complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain,
    01-28-13 06:05 PM
    To be fair to the OP, team crackberry openly slagged on RIM during their transition so it seems within reason to be able to question their coverage. A lot of parallels can be drawn and examples exist outside the OPs opinion but if its okay for team crackberry to question RIM. act as though RIMs doing nothing and speak negatively (which was for termed 'being realistic' in reference to RIM) then shouldn't it be okay for the community to do the same towards team crackberry if they expect more and shouldn't the community 'be realistic'? We don't want to be blind crackberry fanboys do we?
    dynot and netwerks1 like this.
    01-28-13 09:42 PM
    Complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain, complain,
    When is BB10 going to be released for playbook?
    RubberChicken76 likes this.
    01-28-13 09:52 PM
    As far as the launch goes, CB has been in the forefront providing news on the new BB10 platform
    Most leaks of late have come from other sites. I expected more from Crackberry during our time of need leading up to the launch. After all, we're Crackberry addicts and this is where we come for our fix.

What's that you say? They're under an NDA. Well then, that validates netwerks' post doesn't it.
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-28-13 10:35 PM
    Those who run the site are obviously super passionate about what they do. I'm really enjoying the coverage so far on CB and I'm sure it will only amplify this week given all the hard work put into this site. For all those complaining, you need to step back and get some perspective on what's going on this week, instead of becoming drama queens on here.
    01-28-13 11:04 PM
    It really cannot be easy to be CB at the moment. You need to maintain the trust of the users, but at the same time you need to maintain the trust of RIM. Lets be pragmatic, it is a business. But it is a business run by people who love their blackberries.

Now it would be so easy to jump on the Tabloid bandwagon. One only needs to head over to BoyIdiotReports and you will see them ripping off leaks from other sites claiming it to be their own. They generate a lot of views im sure, but i really take everything they say with a pinch of salt. (anyone see the article where they hyped up the button holder from the iphone6? it was a metal sliver the size of a nail and they looked at it like the second coming of christ).

There are bound to be users who prefer that. But if you were that site, would you have inside access to RIM? I can only hope that in exchange for loyalty to RIM (not blind loyalty, ive seen scathing comments from the CB team against RIM), that they get something that in return.

Also, because they are selective and not tabloid, i use them as almost a backcheck. If there is anything i read on the web, i come back here to see if there is either a counterpoint or if there is somethign i am missing. Example: Kevin being very frank that the new blackberry keyboard is good, but a good typer will find no use for it. He could very well have called it the greatest thing since sliced bread. I really hope they do not sacrifice the trust i place in them from honest reporting in exchange for tabloid views.
    01-29-13 01:09 AM
    But at the same time, yes, "10 weeks of blackberry 10", has been a bust. The last article on games seemed hurridly written and just there to fill in a few weeks.
    netwerks1 and Adam Zeis like this.
    01-29-13 01:11 AM
    Doesn't anyone want to be surprised on 30th Jan. If the crackberry team tells us in advance, then the entire concept of surprises is out of the window. Be patient, and the crackberry team will flood us with reviews of everything to do with BB10 as soon launch event starts.

#bb10believe
    Michelle Haag likes this.
    01-29-13 01:26 AM
    No facking way! No bust!
    I still haven't found the place but I'm waiting to see the big event!
    Port credit today was a blast, blackberry all the way!!
    01-29-13 02:01 AM
    But at the same time, yes, "10 weeks of blackberry 10", has been a bust. The last article on games seemed hurridly written and just there to fill in a few weeks.
    I think the entire concept of the "10 weeks of Blackbery 10" was targeted towards the newcomers so they know the gist of BB10 before the launch, to get them interested in bb10 until launch. Crackberry being the most trusted blackberry site would attract users from android and ios community who would want to know more about blackberry 10.
    Adam Zeis likes this.
    01-29-13 02:02 AM
    I could not find it. Can someone post the youtube link?
    the offending got downvoted hard and fast (within 20 minute and less), so I don't think it's there anymore...and the youtube video itself is in the front page as well.
    01-29-13 05:10 AM
    hey, michelle, and adam, and bl4ze and Kevin...
    how come we cant buy any blackberry apparel/accessories from your store ??

whats that you say ? thats a great idea ? lol. you're so welcome.

my shirt size is XL

GOOD LUCK to you folks. Thanks for keeping together this amazing & faithful blackberry community.

can you send me somthing with blackberry on it ? please ?
    01-29-13 05:45 AM
    Ya know. I expected loads of posts about BB10 in some sort of childish way because I for once am super excited. And given the amount of detail given for me it was just that. Happy posts about anything and recaps.

I love to be excited like a week boy again and don't mind if this shows. So it's all good from my side.
    01-29-13 08:45 AM
    Since im bored, lets come up with weird conspiracy theories...

The 10 items that have been posted arent the original "10 things about blackberry 10" which were planned...
    The last 2-3 items were uber cool stuff that we will only see on Jan 30th, but the CB team already had access too.

Now when the 10 items were planned, the CB team assumed that those last 2-3 features would be leaked. BUT THEY WERENT!!!!.

So now... they are running around trying to figure out a way to fill in 10 features without violating either their ethics or an NDA
    Adam Zeis likes this.
    01-29-13 11:15 AM
    +1 OP latley I have found other bb news sources to be way more reliable and timley than cb... lately crackberry has just been about kevins hair
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-29-13 12:18 PM
    My name is BB-Bmore and I'm proud to be a CrackBerry holic addict fiend etc etc etc

Sent from my BlackBerry by Choice using Tapatalk
    01-29-13 01:00 PM
    I'm not sure if it's been a bust as others have said, there seems to be a lot more leaks, images, videos, of BB10 on other websites while nothing is particularly posted here about it. For example, Berry Review posted this today BlackBerry 10 Dolby AC3 Audio Codec Support Confirmed! - BerryReview which is awesome news for BB10. I am sure that tomorrow and the days/weeks ahead, we will see loads of news, reviews, in-depth discussion of features and more from Crackberry. But in terms of the lead up to BB10's launch announcement tomorrow, I have found Crackberry's approach to be largely muted in response.
    netwerks1 likes this.
    01-29-13 01:45 PM
205 ... 6789