It seemed to be a good idea when it was first announced, but I guess it wasn't fully thought through...a lot of the good stuff can't be discussed before launch because of the NDA, and then there's all the other ongoing stuff to do, etc. It's not like there's some huge staff behind the scenes doing the legwork, these good people are doing it on their own. All things considered, that's not too shabby at all. Those facts make the slip-ups more noticeable when things fall through the cracks though.

As for not telling people whether you're under an NDA...everybody knows the first rule of Fight Club. I can't even tell anyone about the thing I can't tell them about, otherwise it would be...well...telling. And I can't tell anyone about that. Yunno what, you shoulda just stopped reading three sentences ago. Good day to you, sir/madam, and carry on.
    01-27-13 08:48 PM
    They probably changed the design because it resembled the playbook os too much.
    01-27-13 08:48 PM
    Can't say...still don't know what's real or fake.

That time will come soon.
    Partly a good point. There are some things though that we know are just renders, or fan made. I was sure one of the first things mentioned would be the Blade, since I still see people asking if it's real, or where they can buy it.
    Has Crackberrys, " 10 weeks of Blackberry" been a bust??-blackberry-blade.jpg
    01-27-13 08:49 PM
    They probably changed the design because it resembled the playbook os too much.
    Ya, exactly my thoughts as well.
    01-27-13 08:49 PM
    Partly a good point. There are some things though that we know are just renders, or fan made. I was sure one of the first things mentioned would be the Blade, since I still see people asking if it's real, or where they can buy it.
    Seriously.. AT LEAST 5 people a day ask when they can buy the Blade.
    01-27-13 08:50 PM
    I still want to know what your fortune cookies from last night said. Is BB10 doomed?
    01-27-13 08:51 PM
    so... whens that blade phone coming out? will it be on verizon? my buddy at best buy says they are getting the blade on january 30th!!! (6)
    01-27-13 08:52 PM
    I still want to know what your fortune cookies from last night said. Is BB10 doomed?
    Ohhh that's right! We never got an update on what the fortune cookies said hahaha
    I hope "10" was one of the lucky numbers
    well vivek landed in NYC today. Its getting close
    jesse_h and jakie55 like this.
    01-27-13 08:55 PM
    Ohhh that's right! We never got an update on what the fortune cookies said hahaha
    Mine said something along the lines of "You will have good luck for decades to come"..
    01-27-13 08:56 PM
    Mine said something along the lines of "You will have good luck for decades to come"..
    well there's a ten
    01-27-13 08:57 PM
    That is good. You are suppose to add "With BlackBerry 10" at the end.
    ubizmo likes this.
    01-27-13 08:58 PM
    Wow, so he skipped the meeting the CrackBerry team for a plane ride?
    01-27-13 08:58 PM
    Yes! I keep seeing them all talking about packing and getting ready to fly to NYC on Twitter.

I just honestly hope this launch goes well. I'm really pulling for RIM and BlackBerry, and I hope this comeback is awesome. The teams have all worked so hard, they've poured their hearts and souls into this, and I want nothing more than for them to succeed. Yeah, BlackBerry is a brand, RIM is just a company, but all those teams are made up of real people, many of which we've gotten to know via Twitter and other means. They deserve to see good things come from all of their hard work.
    01-27-13 08:59 PM
    Doesn't help that scam websites put it up for sale a while ago.
    01-27-13 09:06 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blackberry-blade.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	252.9 KB 
ID:	132747
    This was the first one that popped into my head. Lol. However, I knew it was just a mock up so didn't really count it as a rumour. It is very well done though and still looks awesome.
    01-27-13 09:07 PM
    Doesn't help that scam websites put it up for sale a while ago.
    that was a scam?? They are telling me it still in shipping
    01-27-13 09:07 PM
    that was a scam?? They are telling me it still in shipping
    mine came in but I can't turn off the cloaking feature
    01-27-13 09:09 PM
    I believe that the boys in TO swingers pad are doing a good job thus far.

Mr. OP 9 poster needs some more time and experience under his belt. Here are a few tips:

Get labeled a BlackBerry troll or get banned. Or both! Make sure to insult someone's carrying case or screen protector for maximum effect!

Enter a BlackBerry sponsored contest like, ehem, #BlackBerry10NYC the maximum number of times, and lose! Make sure to complain long and loud to anyone who will listen. Occasional weeping is acceptable, in private. Continue said weeping and complaining long after there isn't a snowballs chance in **** of possibly winning...Jesus how did I LOSE....um, sorry, a bit off track...sniffle

Respect the people working hard to give you the Crackberry heroin your body and soul crave! Kevin, Adam, B1aze, Michelle and the rest are some very under appreciated individuals. Respect, young grasshopper, goes a long way.
    01-27-13 09:15 PM
    I really can't wait for the Z10 to hit stores... I already have the cash locked off to buy one unlocked and have it shipped to Bermuda. We have 2 carriers here... Digicel and Cellone... that take a notoriously long time to get new devices... like a , month or two after they get rolled out in the states. My Bold 9700 died on me a few months ago so I bought a curve 9380 cheap just to hold me till BB10. Wednesday can't arrive soon enough!
    01-27-13 09:16 PM
    Does this mean I should ask for a refund?
    01-27-13 09:18 PM
    Everyone, this is what I would call pre fight jitters. Everyone here trusts Kevin and his new roommates. As we get closer to the launch and emotions begin to run hotter than normal it becomes easy to point fingers and question people, don't. Fight the urge to think that someone could and should be doing more. Kevin and the gang are not on a holiday. What we don't see "going on behind the curtain" is a lot of prep, contingency planning, coordination and a whole lot of "pre mission planning." We've trusted Kevin implicitly for a very long time now and at a time like this Kevin needs our 100% collective BlackBerry support.

Kevin, stay focused on what you and your team set out to do and know that all in the BlackBerry community thank you and Thor for what you are/have done for this launch!
    01-27-13 09:22 PM
    What has been everyone's favorite rumor, leading up to BlackBerry 10, that turned out to be false/fake? We've seen a ton of speculation, renders, photoshops, etc, etc, and I wonder which one sticks out and is the most memorable for CrackBerry readers.
    The purple Z10, hopefully that'll be my LE device
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-27-13 09:23 PM
    For the record, I liked the video chat hang out you guys had going... don't know why people here are hating on it.
    01-27-13 09:25 PM
205 12345 ...