Hi all .. so i'm going to tell you a REAL story .. so here in my country , some groups can make them kinda a big room Sticking with their house .. this room is opened for all the members there .. and it called "Diwanya" .. almost like a club :P ,,
    However my cousin have one in his house .. and this one had an armed Robbery
    they took 3 hostages with them .. and took all Their mobiles ,
    and also they've left two there handcuffed , so one of them went to the Police office and they couldn't do anything ..
    however this one had his iPhone Stolen .. so he opened his iPad and he found out where is his iPhone .. , Exactly where, without that Service ..
    maybe one of the Hostages would have been died ,, but because of it they've been found and everything now is ok ..

and i know also that Android have sort of Service like that , and also at these days i don't know how .. one of my cousins in Ireland had her Mobile stolen , as well as another cousin have his Blackberry (9900) Stolen in an armed Robbery in a Pharmacy , we don't have these Robberies much .. but it made me feel like .. Blackberry is the most Secured mobile ..

So does it have something like this ? a Spotting Service ?

and Thanks =D
    11-07-11 08:35 PM
    BlackBerry Protect comes preinstalled on all OS7 Devices, and is downloadable for OS6 devices.

that allows tracking of a lost phone
    MetalxAssassinx likes this.
    11-07-11 08:39 PM
    I believe Blackberry Protect is what your looking for. You can find your phone from any computer as long as your phone is on, lock it remotely, wipe it remotely, and even display a message on the screen. Blackberry protect will also back up all of your personal information such as contacts, memos, text messages, and a lot more.

Blackberry Protect has saved me more than once, but never in such a dire situation as you describe. Hope this helps, and stay safe!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-07-11 08:43 PM
    Thanks both of you guys =D ,, Never knew about that Blackberry Protect .. but it looks Friendly :P ..
    11-07-11 08:46 PM
    BlackBerry Protect will not work on my (all?) encrypted BlackBerries. I use NetQin, a Chinese anti-virus product available in App World, to provide similar protection. NetQin allows you to locate, lock, delete, or sound an alarm on a lost/stolen phone, but you send these commands via text message instead of logging in to a website.
    BaconMunch likes this.
    11-07-11 09:26 PM
    Authorities have always been able to triangulate any mobile phone location, you don't need find my phone or protect for that.

If the robbers took the phones they're just plane stupid lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 02:26 AM
    BlackBerry Protect comes preinstalled on all OS7 Devices, and is downloadable for OS6 devices.

that allows tracking of a lost phone

And OS 5. I had it on my Tour.

11-08-11 02:27 AM
    And OS 5. I had it on my Tour.

it wasnt preinstalled though.
    11-08-11 03:58 AM
    Blackberry Protect is installed on most OS 7 devices and OS 5 and 6 can download via app world. Remember that BB Protect can do much more than what the iPhone thing can do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-08-11 04:34 AM
    BB Protect can remotely (from any web browser) :

1. Localize your phone if it's on and under a GPS covered zone
    2. Lock it and change or even create a password protection
    3. Display a message (ex: "This phone is mine, I lost it : call xxxxxxxxx and ask for Antoine, I give a reward"), even if the phone is locked
    4. Wipe it : delete all the data (mostly mails, SMS, contacts, Agenda & apps) that are on the internal memory.

Nice, isn't it ?
    Everybody should have this enabled
    11-08-11 05:49 AM
    BB Protect can remotely (from any web browser) :
    1. Localize your phone if it's on and under a GPS covered zone
    2. Lock it and change or even create a password protection
    3. Display a message (ex: "This phone is mine, I lost it : call xxxxxxxxx and ask for Antoine, I give a reward"), even if the phone is locked
    4. Wipe it : delete all the data (mostly mails, SMS, contacts, Agenda & apps) that are on the internal memory.
    wooops ... and of course ... last but not least :
    5. Save your data remotely
    6. Restore your data remotely
    11-08-11 08:03 AM
    it wasnt preinstalled though.
    No it wasn't pre-installed. He said downloadable for OS6. It is also "downloadable" for OS5. Or at least it was. (probably still is).
    11-08-11 02:21 PM
    No it wasn't pre-installed. He said downloadable for OS6. It is also "downloadable" for OS5. Or at least it was. (probably still is).
    I can confirm that it is. I just did a wipe on my old 8900 and was able to install Protect.
    11-09-11 12:03 PM
    OP, which country?
    11-09-11 01:56 PM
    OP, which country?
    Without disclosing too much, the OP appears to be about 1500km south-east from your location, in a state which is generally regarded as wealthy and law abiding.
    11-09-11 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD